Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impala4speed

impala4speed

scotty t likes this.
  2. Thanks. I’ve still got to tidy up a bunch before the weather turns cold.

3. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

5E693406-65F5-4EC1-8165-2B602129EEFB.jpeg Cleaned everything up to put them away for the wintertime.

scotty t, 40two and David Gersic like this.
  4. mrhp

mrhp
    from MICHIGAN

Put a 4000 stall converter in the altered. Hope to test it out next weekend!

Attached Files:

5. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The missus and I left Ottawa, KS, at about 7 a.m. in the newly almost roadworthy '37 Chevy coupe. The Ol' Marias River Run was great Saturday with a few rain showers. The forecast for today was horrible with severe thunderstorms 100% predicted.........and they were not wrong. So we headed for home--about 80 miles.

We left at about 7:00 a.m. and made it to the corner and the wipers quit. I pulled into a motel covered parking and determined the fuse was good so I broke out the Rainex. Two hours later we got home as we used state highways rather than Interstates.

Let's hear it for Rainex.

swade41, Hamtown Al and lumpy 63 like this.
  6. thehazguy

thehazguy

OK, well it wasn't today but the last three days. NHRA Division 1 Bracket Finals at Lebanon Valley. Went three rounds in Friday's Gamblers race. Went red on Saturday for the divisional final in round 1 (bummer) Great Team Island Dragway weekend. LVBF-2019-1.jpg LVBF-2019-2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  7. southcross2631

southcross2631

Celebrated my 70 th birthday. Got up and realized I had made it that far. Went to church with my wife, then to lunch with my family and took a nap. That's what senior citizens are supposed to do isn't it ?

weps, swade41, Lowbuckbuilder and 8 others like this.
  8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

- ?? going to be near 100 degrees here in Sacramento, CA area this week

Lowbuckbuilder and thehazguy like this.
  9. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Happy Birthday!!!

10. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Stripped about 400 lbs of stuff off the Cad 390...The Hydro , The Giant generator, and all the ac brackets etc. Looks Like a hot rod Caddy should now:cool:

thehazguy likes this.
  11. mopacltd

mopacltd

Where the heck did you find a Cad 390?

12. Errand day. Dropped some scrap at the metal yard. Two tires for my wife's daily, visited aunt in nursing home, then stopped at friend's house. Been plugging away at a 28 Essex coupe. Changed front suspension to Ford style, and installed 8BA and T5. Trying to keep outside all stock looking. We wer trying to figure out the adjustable seat mechanism. The seat bottom is supposed to flip ahead to access battery, but there's also a heavy duty wingnut, and screw that we think moves seat bottom. He got the seat parts in a basket. Anyone have a diagram or photo of the Essex seat adjuster?

Lil32 likes this.
  13. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I have connections in low places Charles....

14. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Sent you a message.

[​IMG]

WTF really and Lil32 like this.
  15. "I ordered you a new rear tank cover" the body man told Mike, "Better than fixing your old one (that fit perfect)" he said. "Fits good" he said. So after trimming 1/2" off the top, elongating the side holes and filler neck holes, removing the D nuts from the body, elongating the resulting holes, riveting in some bar stock, and drilling & tapping new top mount holes it now fits on the car. Next we will find out if it matches the fenders. Gotta love this repop stuff. IMAG1357.jpeg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

JOYFLEA, Lil32 and j-jock like this.
  16. Started up my wagon and was gonna get out on the highway and smoke the tires. didn't happen. Carb trouble. So I checked the ignition. nope it was carb . changed the carb and then had a vacuum leak. Ive got a AFB adapted to the 283,s stock 4GC manifold. Decided to quit. Im gonna change the intake tomorrow. Ive got a Torker. I know its not optimal but im gonna wind the 283 anyhow.

17. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Trying to see just how good citric acid works removing rust. Took a bunch of what used to be rusty parts out of the citric acid, power washed it all then soaked it in a baking soda solution. Rinsed it all off and nothing has flash rusted yet. Helped the farmer down the road put an OT 4 wheel drive tractor back together this morning. Thanks to Justin in Pennsylvania's ideas, I got the tranny crossmember on the 27 T fabbed up and located, ready to bolt in. Leveled up the engine, both ways. Went grocery shopping for dinner. Got home and took a nap while somebody else cooked for a change. Now, if every day could be like that, retirement would be great.

Attached Files:

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  18. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

I wish, grew up in SanDiego, and miss the heat. Heater has been turned back on at the house, and weather channel predicting the possibility of snow this Saturday in Spokane, Wa!!!!

19. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Watched this Hot Rod video:

20. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Machine shop called, my big ole Buick engine is dynoed and ready to go. 680 hp/611 tq. Yee hah. Driving up to Houston tomorrow to pick it up. Hope to have it bolted back in the Stude in time for the Nostalgia drags at Little River October 12th. Been a long two years waiting to get it back together.

21. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I caught it Kid...... would have been 47 for me ... if things were different.

Bones

22. Actually it was last night! Went to a cruise down in Oxford CT.. I took my roadster since it was another Roadster weather day. The cruise is at Fritz's Drive In. They run a nice cruise night every Wednesday evening. (Good People).
    There were lots of cars, but not many HAMB worthy. There seems to be less and less appreciation for real hot rods and customs. People were drawn to the lavender sedan parked next to me with lots of billet crap and purple lights underneath.:eek:
    I did get to dine with an old friend and his wife, that was very nice.:) But the most redeeming part of the night was when I was about to leave there was two older (I'm 72) gentlemen admiring my roadster and the flathead. They could not have been more excited over the 32. They told me many flathead tips and stories.:cool: It made the drive to Oxford well worth while and gave me hope for traditional hot rods.
    Here are just a few photos.
    My pick for best patina!;) IMG_6043.JPG
    IMG_6045.JPG IMG_6044.JPG IMG_6050.JPG IMG_6060.JPG IMG_6039.JPG IMG_6067.JPG

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  23. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

Built new back panel for my roadster. 20190924_115924.jpg 20190924_121535.jpg 20190924_151253.jpg 20190924_152631.jpg 20190925_141158.jpg

Attached Files:

JOYFLEA, David Gersic and 40two like this.
  24. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

- Yikes!

- Yea!

25. jvo

jvo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup. Scrambling to do all the stuff we normally do before the first snowfall that usually happens around Halloween here. They are talking about as much as a metre ( that's 39 inches in English) of snow. Gotta go now, too much to do.

26. Went out pulled the carb changed the gaskets and got my vacuum leak fixed. tuned on it some. Then went out in front and smoked the tires a bit. Im satisfied with my newly installed 9 inch rear and how it launches. However the 283 is a old 1965 -100000 + mile engine. never had anything done to it. and today I finished it off. I blew the piston rings. Probably has broken rings? Smoking so much blue smoke I could rent it for a mosquito fogger. Time for a better engine. But I had some fun. My wife said she could put some bolts and nuts in a tin can and shake it & that would sound better?

27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Most of the 283s I have taken apart have most of the piston skirts laying in the bottom of the oil pan.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  28. That's a real possibility! every 283 I ever destroyed was a piston failure. Ive got plenty of engines. A real good 1971- 350 , a 69 327 with a fresh ring & hone job. a fresh 400 block with silvolite pistons. with a 350 crank. and a 69 Pontiac 400. and some more 283,s and 327,s. I suppose tomorrow I will take off the front cap pull the engine and see what that Pontiac engine looks like setting in it?

Boneyard51 likes this.
  29. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wait a minute, just a few months ago, we were talking about the possibility of you adopting me because your son didn't want the motor that you were going to put in a car you were giving him. I said I'd be happy with whatever you were going to put in it and I'm pretty sure that 327 was the motor we were discussing. Now you're going to use in for yourself.:( Boy, I'm glad I found out what kind of guy you are before this adoption went through;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.