Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Racing at George Ray's who's interested

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

Anyone know if they will be selling this poster or t shirts? We can’t make it but would love a poster for the shop or a shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  2. I have the file that was sent to me from the artist. I can send it to you and you can take it somewhere to print. Let me know if this will help you out.

Nostrebor, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

We need somebody to film this for those of us that can’t make it in person!

Gammz and loudbang like this.
  4. Call the track on the shirts. Shirts were made in the spring. I don't know if they have any left. I know they didn't sell out that weekend due to the rain.

Gammz, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. I intend to take plenty of pictures. My internet is so lousy I cannot upload any video.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

pm sent

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  7. I need a cell number or email address to send it. pm me that info please. I will get it sent right out. a little back round on the flyer. I contacted joel naprestek for the design. joel goes by race car artist on the hamb. joel understands how to make it look era correct. he attended almost all the big east coast meets back in the day. we wanted a flyer with the correct feel of the old days. some may not care but we feel it is important to get it right. we went back and forth on the design until we had what we wanted. its extra work that's worth it in the end. im glad you like it enough to want a copy for your wall.

8. remember this years winners of the a/fx and gasser class will be featured on next years shirt. no extra pressure to win. just throwing that out there.

flux capacitor and loudbang like this.
  9. I live out in the country so mice can be a problem with the corn fields that surround the property. We have some outside cats to control the population. My wife just came home with a stray. He is very friendly to us with a im not backing down attitude to the other cats. He is not afraid to fight. He doesn't take any crap from any of them. With this personality when my wife asked what we should call him I responded how about George Ray? George was a boxer in his younger years. 20190922_151300.jpg

10. chucky1

chucky1

T-shirts are available at concession stand. I just got off the phone with Bonnie Ray. 2X is sold out. Large, medium and small size. If you want one, see Bonnie at concession stand when you get to the track. I am probably going to get killed for this but here is her phone number
    870 236 8247.

11. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  12. squirrel

squirrel

Looks like I'm not going, after all....I wanted to meet up with Brian there, and I don't think he's going to get his car back together in time.

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  13. BUMMER !

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Old wolf like this.
  14. Burned up low gear. New parts wont show up until Friday after noon. Have fun and everyone be safe. Take a easy pass or two down both lanes before going all out. 20190922_190316.jpg 20190922_190322.jpg

15. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Well man that stinks I was looking forward to catching up with both of you guys guess I might have a chance after all lol

loudbang, saltflats and Old wolf like this.
  16. What kinda trans is that?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. squirrel

squirrel

18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

This picture looks like throwing in the towel.
    20190922_190322.jpg

chryslerfan55, Old wolf and loudbang like this.
  19. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

20. Good call!
    Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  21. Ok the weather liars have predicted 0% chance of rain for the next 6 days. Gonna be hot and dry. Bring your umbrella for shade and plenty to drink.

chryslerfan55 and Nicholas Coe like this.
  22. Just talked to Tyler they were rolling in yesterday. Should be fun.

23. Sunny and dry here in Arkansas.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  24. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Good luck Jackson!!!

loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  26. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Max and I rolled into George rays this evening and unloaded our cars in the dark both of us zip tied our Milwaukee flashlights to our grills and made a pass we are within a tenth of each other he treed me and I ran him down on the big end both cars seemed to run good ( note to self if your gonna run at George rays at night you need a very bright headlight to find the return road lmao) can’t wait for tomorrow to make some more passes

27. loudbang likes this.
  28. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Paragould, Arkansas. Google it for some details about the history of this old and unique dragstrip.

loudbang and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  29. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Interesting side note is that the ECTA is running the Arkansas Mile event, less than an hour away, this very weekend. You could visit both events.

loudbang likes this.
  30. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

wrenchbender, now take that Dodge and go beat up on everything else, but NO plowing. You guys be safe and have fun.
    Tony

loudbang and chucky1 like this.