Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scams

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by quicksilverart46, Sep 24, 2019.

1. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

I’m curious if anyone has had a similar experience. I posted a wanted ad on the H.A.M.B.for a particular part and got a reply with a photo of the exact thing I was looking for. We agreed on a price but sender wants only a Walmart to Walmart cash to his supposed secretary. No address only a woman’s name and a state . I replied that that seems odd and That I was not comfortable with that . Then his reply was sorry wrong state and changed it from Alabama to New Jersey . WTF? I replied that unless he calls me or provides his ph # so I can call him to talk then In not comfortable sending and amount of cash. Also he used an unusual word Endeavor to provide me a receipt of cash . And also lots and lots of keyboard arrows . I mean row after row of pointing to every word . After I specifically asked to talk by phone person to person the reply was send mines as directed.Fucking weird!! What do you guys think .

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

3. chiliman

chiliman
    from liberty mo
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

ROADSTER1927
    I had the same problem with Agua Riches, aka Larry Harper claiming to have the Cabrolet stanchions I needed. He texts to pay through Bitcoin or Moneygram. Then he texts that the address is New Jersey rather than Atlanta, GA. It was a NO SALE for me.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    quicksilverart46 likes this.
  4. Maybe he likes Clint Eastwood westerns.......I would say run.

5. Sounds like the typical scam, I have had no less that 8 reply's to my wanted ad's and the always have exactly what you need and their betting your dumb enough to seen them what they ask for and you will not get anything.

Run Forrest run. HRP

6. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Report the member to Ryan or some of the other Mods, they’ll ban him.

7. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

yes typical scam, what is his user name?

8. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Just a suggestion.
    Sure would be great if we could prevent PM usage until the new member meets certain criteria.
    Examples. Certain number of total posts or a certain number of months time before PM usage.

9. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

That’s the same guy and same supposed secretary and just like you The was first Atlanta then he changed and said sorry it’s Agoura in New Jersey! WTF!! I’m sick of these fucking scammers . They must be using some type of search bot that seeks out hotrod / car parts . Maybe it was determined through success that some car dudes are easy marks . What is amazing is it was a 11 1/2”Covico steering wheel I wanted and he actually had a great photo of a wheel that even I cannot find even a photo let alone the actual wheel. Amazing criminal resources and endless scams!

10. quicksilverart46

quicksilverart46

Larry Harper ###

11. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

No triple hash tag.

Larry Harper - On here since 2011 - no posts.

Now Banned.

Moriarity likes this.
  12. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Just do your homework.....

Just signed up- No posts or very few - don’t do a deal.

Financial Terms - Western Union Money Grams , Walmart Grams, Insta Gram Grams - don’t do a deal.

BS Stories - Paypal dormant , don’t do a deal.

My friend is a HAMB member and will vouch for me - don’t do a deal.

Google can be your friend for investigating.
    Other sights with the same scammer - etc etc.

Do your investigation........before doing any deal .

You are still at your own risk.

Stogy and Moriarity like this.