Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Help needed moving Dale Caulfield out of his shop for relocation to TN.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Dale has been busting a nut trying to get out of his place in Red Bluff. He needs some help up there to load his shop in a trailer. PM him if ya can be of assistance, He’s suppose to be out ASAP.
    Thanx,
    CK

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Wish I was close. Surely someone will step up.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe I missed it, but where in Tennessee is he moving to?? It's a pretty big state.........

4. Want to elaborate? move from where, to where in Tennessee? how does someone get in touch with him? I don't know who he is and I would imagine I'm not the only one. HRP

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019

5. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dale owns Weedetr hot rods parts--good guy and great parts too. Moving from Red Bluff Ca

6. ................2 time zones!:)

Cyclone Kevin likes this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Red Bluff is a pretty serious drive from most guys. 501 Miles south of me even if the Tremont cafe there puts out a great breakfast.
    I hope he found some help.
    2019-09-22.png

8. Fordors

Fordors

Aren’t you guys missing the point? Dale needs to vacate the Red Bluff shop ASAP. He is not in need of getting his trailer to Henderson, only loading it in Red Bluff.

loudbang, 40ragtopdown and Hamtown Al like this.
  9. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

been to his house once in Calif, knows his 40's & makes great parts

10. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Yup, just needs to load some trailers with guys who know cars, parts and tools. If I didn’t have a few major dental appointments this week, I’d been up there. The trailers are out on the property and there’s a renter for his old shop that the new owners supposedly leased....
    He’s really in a pickle with this move and could use a few hands. If you’re local, it would be stuff that you’d most likely help your pals out with. Just from shop to trailer, he lost a couple of much needed days to unscheduled rain.....
    Thx,
    CK.

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hard for a lot of guys to do on short notice Kev. Even though I could spare a couple of days this week it is a ten hour minimum drive each way for me. I think we have a couple of guys in the Redding area and some down close to Paradise but they probably have to go to work in the morning.

Cyclone Kevin likes this.
  12. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Weekend help would be easier for most. Why doesn't he hire some temp workers?

13. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

He did, but if ya read what I indicated above, you’ll notice that two of those days got totally lopped off and he paid the workers just the same as they were scheduled. Now it’s crunch time....
    Two weeks back, this was all figured out, but unforeseen circumstances intervened and he’s now in need as a result.

14. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Really wish I was closer.:( Not being a smart a__ but he needs to increase the amount of temporary help. Sounds like the quickest solution. I am sure he is stressing.

15. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

So it’s really late night or early morning depending on where ones at.... spoke with Dale, he’s out of the house part, still working on the shop. Making headway. He had to pay the new owners a weeks worth of rent in order to be able to work out this loading issue.
    Word of advice here, if someone is interested in buying the house that you’ve lived in and a shop that you’ve worked out of for a long while, make sure that you’re in control of the the escrow terms/length of time.
    Not sure if this happens everywhere, but definitely in CA, off shore real estate investors relocate to the west coast and request many terms at time of negotiation, sometimes perhaps their or the sellers realtor will negotiate a short escrow in order to close a deal. This is what occurred in Dale’s case. Personally I feel being a seller with as much stuff as Dale or even perhaps I have would require a bit of time in order to be able to logistically make a move like this pan out for all involved.
    I say this as I really would like to find a 2-3k SF Shop where all of the cars, parts, tools etc, could be in one spot comfortably. Dale had to take down his 2 post hoist. That was a slight chore. I don’t have one, but I’ve looked at houses that actually have had different versions of them. Most have been in the shop.
    I have several projects and many waiting in the wings.
    Dale and his wife were out priced in ID. Where he would have liked to move to and felt the Hot Rod Manufacturing Market would be strong there.
    Really looking into it, there was just no way that it would make business sense since he or his wife aren’t wealthy folk.
    He’s at an age where he should be retired, but that’s not in his bloodstream as he’ll continue to create until someone comes and pulls him out of the shop.
    His former employee landed in The Henderson area of TN. and said that this might be a good fit for him.
    He found a house with a 3000 SF shop and additional out building. Perhaps he could reinvent himself there?
    I myself need the space, my neighbors who’ve lived next since our tract was built 68 yrs ago are leaving as their kids retired to the PNW (neighbors are 97 & 98 yrs old) and they’ve been living here up until now.
    (Heck, they’re the reason why I bought my house...)
    They say you look for a location when buying a home. I say “Ya look for a neighborhood” in a great location with a good sized yard and a tons of storage.
    They’re pillars of the community (Bob & Lee), they’re granddaughter will be residing there until one of the two passes away up north and then the house will be sold. That will be a sad day all the way around :(.
    So I continue to look here in the So Cal area, but haven’t found what would work..... If someone knows if a cool place that’s coming up for sale that could be affordable, PM me as it’ll be appreciated. ;).
    As much as I’ve loved Temple City & San Gabriel a bigger shop space is needed so I can actually have fun machining and building again.

KKrod and kidcampbell71 like this.