Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods gassers rules trying to keep it true period correct ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jailbird, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I can promise the lettering will always be paint, and we like the back up girls also. We have two different groups from Down Under coming to our Knoxville race coming up September 28th, I wish you could join them.

Spoggie likes this.
  2. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

The Jackson race was a disaster with the rain all day, hope you will give us another chance this year and pray for good weather.
    Yes I very concerned about the cheating in all classes and will watch it close in the D/Gas class. It's in the test mode right now with only 2 cars so it's easy to keep an eye on it.
    Thanks for your support and hope to see you in Oct at Aiken SC.

3. wvenfield

wvenfield

It's appealing to those who do all the work to put a race on. It just so happens to appeal to a large number of spectators also.

There are a small number of people (in the big picture) that do a ton of work to bring these races to the people. I'm not going to complain.

4. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

The idea is to try our best to give the fans a look back into drag racing history. Not sure of your racing back ground but in the old days ALL CLASSES raced first to the finish line wins. If we were racing modern day style using ET to classify the cars instead of weight to cubic inch the rules would not be needed at all. Example (as I said in the post above) Since the SEGA races first to the finish line wins the last thing a serious racer would have in his race car would be a straight axle so we knew if we didn't make it a rule that over time we wouldn't have any axle cars at all. So it's all axle cars or all control arm cars in just a few years. Same thing with the automatic, what serious racer in his right mind would put a 4 speed in his car if he was having to race against automatics. Keep in mind the key word here is RACE, if just playing around for fun none of this would matter.

Spoggie likes this.
  5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I'd love to see y'all come over to I22 Raceway in Eldridge AL!

60F250 likes this.
  6. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I think it's on our waiting list, lots of SEGA fans in that area.