Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration //////Friday Art Show_09-20-2019\\\\\\\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Ron, great story. Love it.

2. kenmo

kenmo

Great show everyone....

Noggins Cider Custom Truck - 1934 DeSoto Airflow Waterville, Nova Scotia, Canada - September 14, 2019 : Customized 1934 Desoto Airflow at Rick Rood’s Car Show in Annapolis Valley. Vehicle was customized by Bad Chad Customs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] \

[​IMG]

3. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

Neat build! I've seen this before. Desoto Airflow sedan car front end grafted to the tanker body. Cool as he'll!

Noggins Cider Custom Truck - 1934 DeSoto Airflow Waterville, Nova Scotia, Canada - September 14, 2019 : Customized 1934 Desoto Airflow at Rick Rood’s Car Show in Annapolis Valley. Vehicle was customized by Bad Chad Customs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] \

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well You Two Artists Chad and Kenmo, I have been inspired by your Visions and have
    taken some artistic liberty with respect to the CiderWagon and brought things down to earth a weeee bit...:D

Really Cool Truck that is...

Kenmo_Pic.jpg

Credit to Photographer, Owner

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  5. KandN Kustoms

KandN Kustoms

Yep saw that episode too!
    Didn't he scratch build the whole rear section though?
    Most of the things I've seen from him seem just a little "off", if you know what I mean?
    He does have a helluva imagination though!
    [/QUOTE]

Sent from my SM-G960U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You & Chella need to come back Tony ! :)

7. Latigo, Tim, Offset and 16 others like this.
  8. sololobo

sololobo

great show gang!

9. Mark,

This piece is made from a couple of layers of double thick cardboard measuring about 32" x 12". The 'BOWL' text and circles are made from pressboard. Something I cut a while ago but was finally able to pull it out storage, paint and assemble.

Joe

10. robber

robber

Hey J,
    Or, should I say, "Hi, I'm Robby!"... I too am of the generation of "Spin and Marty"... :) Good stuff! Sweet memories too of a Long Beach of the 60's, and going to Lion's on the weekends to see Ivo :D

Thank you for the comment, Janaki. Thanks for bringing the Scarab, too. Never noticed the symmetry inconsistency on the wheels before now. Guess its overpowered by the Scarab's COOL factor :cool:. I appreciate your historic knowledge that you bring each week, along with your renditions.

Yep... early hot rods'... where one generation took the previous generations entry level cars, and souped them up! In the late 40's and early 50's, they frequently resembled "Lil Betsy". In the 50's, you might get trick and add tunes for your girl, by way of a push button AM radio out of a wreck, and a cowl mounted antennae with a raccoon tail! :D

11. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I dig this old high school sketch by ct1932ford and wanted to see how it'd
    look cleaned up and color boosted a bit.

zartshow 019.jpg

Jigger, pwschuh, themoose and 11 others like this.
  12. robber

robber

Thanks for the comment Rusty... and thanks for sharing the "pre-modified " version of a tub. When building a tub into a hotrod, the power to weight equation was the same in the 50's, as it is now... power to weight = get rid of weight :)

Your boards are COOL, I dig 'em :cool:

chryslerfan55 and 50 customcoupe like this.
  13. robber

robber

BTT... :)
    cp 517.jpg
    I don't have a "Noggins", so I'll just add to the green... :D

14. jnaki

jnaki

Hey R,
    Thank you for your nice comments. Like the old song used to say: Every "drawing" has a story..." paraphrasing ROD Stewart to a degree. I have fun drawing the hot rod/drag racers from old photos and memory. Then I clean it up as well as I can with hole templates, straight edge implements, and curving lines. Sometimes I get it right, other times, it is a little off. But, it is my own, takes a few days, I have fun remembering and drawing it. So, these old memories cause a story line or two.

Hopefully, I can continue as it is a good use of down time, between reading/writing stories, editing photos and films, hanging out with our granddaughter, running around with our little old dog, and enjoying what life has given us this far in our timeline.

Thank you,
    Jnaki

15. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Pic of the "old dog" Jnaki just for the Friday Art Show.

Great posts sir.

jnaki likes this.
  16. jnaki

jnaki

Hey O,
    Thank you for the nice comments...

Here you go... Our old (13 x 7 = 91 years old) guard dog, attack trained, and happy, go lucky, coyote chaser is living large with a couple of old folks in low key So Cal. I don't usually post photos, but I can't draw this dog or any dog. The last time I tried, it looked like a garish looking, Wolfman on steroids and no name drugs. It was not a happy situation.
    upload_2019-9-21_8-26-53.png He was thirsty after a long walk at the local harbor. We went to a shaded area for a big drink out of his collapsible water cup. 91 and still a little puppy in actions.

Jnaki
    At least if he did not attend to his guard dog/attack dog status, he could lick them to death...HA!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  17. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

What a cutie, art I think!! Just lost one of my little friends, heartbreaking. She was 15 the other is 16 and is struggling as well.

Enjoy her Jnaki.

chryslerfan55, grapeboy and jnaki like this.
  18. Thanks!

Stogy, quick85 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Rusty1, if you don't like this, or feel I overstepped, I'll delete it. I was going for a look.

zzzzzz2018 sycamore 023.jpg

zzzzz seneca.jpg

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Stogy, Lil32, ct1932ford and 3 others like this.
  20. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Warning! Do NOT watch 3 seasons of this damn show for the two 30 second clips of two different hot rods! IMO.

jnaki likes this.
  21. Quick 85,...I like that a lot,...thanks

Stogy and quick85 like this.
  22. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

You're welcome.

Stogy likes this.
  23. ...thanks fer all the "likes" guys...
    diecasts 283.jpg

e1956v, David Gersic, Lil32 and 5 others like this.
  24. 51 Merc in the dirt - Art
    [​IMG]

Lil32 likes this.