Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Old Chrysler/Dodge gauge cluster ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiftiescat, Sep 18, 2019.

1. fiftiescat

fiftiescat
    from NY

[​IMG]

Came across this Dodge/Chrysler cluster while cleaning out the shop, anyone know what year?

41 GMC K-18 and 34 GAZ like this.
  2. 1940 Dodge Deluxe. 1940 Dodge Deluxe.jpg

3. Thats a cool speedo. I,m sure it will clean up nice. Looks like that greyish disc with the little hole in it is the speed indicator instead of a needle. Little amber thing just above the FL ( floating ) probably belongs in the little hole.

4. Albert Waterman

Albert Waterman

Do you still have this cluster?

5. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Hi, Al,
    Welcome to the festivities. Let's see your Dodge … and we like to see a profile & a location - makes things easier …. try posting a "wanted" ad in the classifieds.

6. gatz

gatz

'40 Chrysler has something similar. The amber piece does indeed go into the opening.

40 Chrys Speedo Remove Center Flange_4.JPG The 2 utility knife blades were used to get the center "hub" off.

After disassembly, I made a replacement part for the clear center that had disintegrated over the years.

40 Chrys Speedo_6.JPG
    40 Chrys Speedo_5.JPG

Somewhere in the shop the repaired speedo is waiting to perform its duties again....now, if I can just remember where I put it.

7. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Hey, it actually is a Dodge! Hey that should make someone in Hamilton on very happy!!

8. Albert Waterman

Albert Waterman

I am trying to find a speedometer head or gauge cluster for my 40 Dodge coupe. I a new here so please bare with me.