Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods So have you ever heard a voice in your hot rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikec4193, Sep 15, 2019.

1. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Deuces and wicarnut like this.
  2. error404

error404
    from CA

my vehicles usually say "go faster!" even when I'm doing 40 over :D

Deuces likes this.
  3. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

The only voice I hear is Jon Kays of Steppenwolf singing Born to be Wild. But I have been hearing that one in every hot car or bike I have owned or built since I heard it while watching Easy Rider for the first time in 1969 at the movies when I was 14. lol Larry

4. David Chandler

David Chandler

I had one that made a loud sucking sound, when I put my foot in it. Yeah, that was the gas tank being emptied faster than I could refill it. (my first 350 Chevy)
    Other than that, there is a picture that falls off the wall, usually just about the time someone related dies. WIERD!

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

So this thread is traditional? Really? Well yeah..My friend should have got this much..

Deuces and INVISIBLEKID like this.
  6. gene-koning

gene-koning

Who is Keith? Maybe the next time you should ask him, have a conversation with him. He obviously has something he wants you to know.

I hear voices in my head every once and a while (some are explainable, others are not) music too. The music is too low of volume, I wish whom ever is playing it would turn it up. I can't hear it very well. If I listen real hard, its gone. There have been a few different repeated visions as well. Usually the visions are of bad things happening. After a couple nights of the same vision, I tend to look for something that could cause such a vision to happen. I've found some down right strange and dangerous stuff that way.

I believe the human mind has way more ability then most people want to believe. The issue is weather or not we are receptive to what lies outside of what is considered "normal". Admitting an unusual understanding can be pretty difficult for others to accept. But if such stuff wasn't real, how do you explain how so many different people can excel in so many different fields when their counterparts seem so far behind in understanding? Gene

7. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pure coincidence, I was no where near their house at the time. :eek:

9. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

It's a symptom of schizophrenia.

SS327, Beanscoot and Deuces like this.
  10. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Just the one screaming at me to slow down.

wicarnut and Deuces like this.
  11. thomas.parker197

thomas.parker197

This is one of those weird quirks of human nature. Those who don't have first hand experiences will never fully believe those who do. Suggests some people are more sensitive than others.

If I were the OP, and had that experience, I would engage no further, delete this thread, and give this absolutely 0 energy or thought. Ghosts of people don't interact this way, but other things do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

"Hear me howlin'
    And all, all around your street now
    Hear me knockin'
    And all, all around your town"
    [​IMG]

chryslerfan55, Deuces and blowby like this.
  13. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

I dunno where I am tonight nany have died here overs 150 years of existence.
    Im on the grave yard shift in a federal prison.......

Deuces likes this.
  14. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Seriously ???????? You need to quit whatever chemical compound your inhaling if ingesting ........

Deuces likes this.
  15. Could be that Kieth wants to apologize for the way he fuckered up the door on your coupe?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

WB69, Beanscoot, -Brent- and 7 others like this.
  16. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

That's like every once in awhile you can be in my house and be in the kitchen or bathroom, hear the front door open and close, hear footsteps down the hall then my son's bedroom door open and close. And no one there.

Happens at all hours and it's been heard by dozens of friends and family thru the years. First time girlfriend heard it she was home alone at 3:30 in the afternoon.

She thought I'd come home early, looked thru the house, found no one and sat on the porch until I got home at 4:30. She's used to it now.

Had an old single gent die in the house in the 80`s and two kids back in the 50`s or 60s.

Late at night I get a couple knocks on my shop door, again witnessed by friends and family.

17. manyolcars

manyolcars

I dont beleve in that stuff.But...I always had my alarm set at 7 A.M. and did not wake up any earlier. One morning I woke up at 5:35. A minute later the phone rang. My brother. He had woken up too and could hear our mother taking to the nurse in the next room. Mama died in mid sentence at that moment

18. I worked in a machine shop where I saw things at night, I figures it was the owner's dad who ran the business before him. I kept it to myself until someone else mentioned it. We compared notes... pretty much the same experience.

This is in '79, my mom had just passed away and I was by myself eating lunch outside a sandwich shop. I was in a '65 Chevy. No radio in the car... I distinctly heard my mom call my name, in my head. The one and only time it happened to me.

19. japchris

japchris
    from England

I shipped a 56 Ford to UK in the 1980's.
    When I first got in it at Liverpool docks I turned on the ignition and in a few moments the radio's valves warmed up and it was playing 'Beyond the Sea' by Bobby Darin. Bit of a 'Christine' moment!

Jet96, Spooky, Texas57 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Wow...

So I am only a little crazy...we have had our house cleansed but not the garage...my house and shop sit in what was an old junkyard back in the day...the neighbor had a physic here once that said to us..."wow there is a lot of metal here"...not knowing all the old car stuff still buried in the ground...

In our house, we both hear old time radio stations playing and the other night it was Spanish music I think playing...occasionally we smell cigarette smoke inside the house...

Well, I guess if I hear him again...maybe he will show me how he wants the car to look when I get it closer to needing paint or something like that...

Thanks for all the insight....

MikeC

SS327, Deuces, Spooky and 3 others like this.
  21. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

So on a trip to Indy, I was going threw Bloomington Illinois so I decided to go down Mitsubishi Motorway by the big car factory. My car started tp backfire and pop few times. I guess it doesn't like Mitsubishi`s.

SS327 and Deuces like this.
  22. Deuces

Deuces

They built zeros in wwii....
    Enough said!....

23. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I’ll add this before the thread gets deleted.
    Years ago My wife asked me to take some pictures of some Natural Christmas decorations she made.
    There was no fog outside, cool evening and I didn’t notice these when taking the pictures. Look closely.
    Not ghosts but creepy.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

24. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

One Of My Stove Bolts Had A Tune... il_fullxfull_769650022_s36e.jpg

25. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Oh ya, some places in this world are haunted.. I work in peoples homes for a living and have been doing this since 1970, I've seen all kinds of weird things..

Deuces and wicarnut like this.
  26. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

"Come back tomorrow night and try it again"
    [​IMG]

Elcohaulic, Deuces, Jet96 and 5 others like this.
  27. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Hmmpt….. :confused:
    Danny didn't start this post.....
    Interesting - Seems like a Danny post to me.

winduptoy, Deuces, Jet96 and 8 others like this.
  28. wicarnut

wicarnut

Like Most people I have an inner voice that speaks to me, A voice of Reason ?, Common Sense maybe, Wow ! That's Really Stupid, Really ? Have you not learned anything from experience, Pull your head out of your Butt Dumb Ass. On your question, voices in my cars, one voice I've heard clearly for years in my cars is my wife, Slow down, You're tailgating, etc. another, the bitch in the box is good (Garmin GPS) I like her. There's a lot of unexplainable things that happen, your car looks like an old stock car/modified the way the door is cut out, Ask Keith if he busted his butt in this car. You Are Not alone Buddy, We All hear voices. LOL

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. wicarnut

wicarnut

That's Funny ! Tripped a memory of mine, when I was between marriages, I made a friend, she was a "Screamer" actually scared me the first time, When we went to her home that first time, she stated, please be quiet I have kids, I wonder if these kids turned out OK, I don't know, short term friendship. LOL

Deuces, Jet96, Texas57 and 1 other person like this.
  30. 1ton

1ton

Not my cars but ones that I've gone to possibly buy. They say "Help, they beat me"