Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Parts???

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by bajabob, Sep 9, 2019.

1. bajabob

bajabob
    from socal

A box of parts came with my new project. Not sure what to with them or if they are even worth anything??
    Looks like 6 big 97 and the rest are smaller 97’s??

IMG_0411.JPG IMG_0415.JPG IMG_0416.JPG IMG_0417.JPG

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

enloe and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. Best to find out and hang on to.

bajabob likes this.
  3. bajabob

bajabob
    from socal

Oh this was in the new project too... but I know what to do with it!!

IMG_0061.JPG IMG_0368.JPG

enloe and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. Lets see your new project!!

enloe and stanlow69 like this.

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

bajabob likes this.
  6. bajabob

bajabob
    from socal

Attached Files:

enloe, cactus1, lumpy 63 and 2 others like this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You joking bragging or fishing on the Stromberg pieces? Every time I see a post like that it makes me wonder what the guy is up to.
    I'm thinking that someone tore them down that way in order to sort out X number of really nice carbs made out of the best of the pieces in the photos. The rest that had a few dings and flaws would end up in the swap meet box.

19Eddy30, bowie and Just Gary like this.
  8. bajabob

bajabob
    from socal

How about, I don’t know much about them and came here to learn?? I bought this boat and the box of “parts” came with it. A simple, “it is junk” or “ there is value there” would have been fine.
    Thanks for the help.

9. alchemy

alchemy

There is value. The big logo Strombergs as complete carbs in good shape, needing rebuild, bring around $100 each. In parts they bring less, but still have value.

The tank is worth about $200 if it has nice original paint and lettering. When the yellow paint is gone they are worth about $100 if not dented up.

enloe and bajabob like this.
  10. alchemy

alchemy

So the U.S. Air Force used recycled containers to keep their flyers alive? Interesting.

stanlow69 and bajabob like this.
  11. 62rebel

62rebel

Not necessarily recycled. They adopted the design and had the same company that made the beer kegs make the oxygen bottles. Thousands of little shops were buoyed up by subcontracting for the military.

12. bajabob

bajabob
    from socal

Fired it up last night and it actually idles very nicely!!! Not sure when it ran last?? Changed out the impeller but now i have a new problem. I am not getting water flow through the drivers side head/block. I removed the fittings and there is nothing obvious blocking the water flow....... soooo i am hoping that this does not need to come apart to correct....

49' Cad 331

enloe likes this.
  13. bajabob

bajabob
    from socal

Think I might have found the problem with the water flow. I put the hose in the outlet side to try and back flush that side and discovered that the drivers side freeze plug has failed!! Now to replace.... IMG_6039.jpg IMG_1315.jpg

enloe and lumpy 63 like this.
  14. I had a really nice Stromberg that was missing the top. I advertised it in the HAMB classifieds and sold it for $100. and there was a lot of interested folks. I sold it to the first person who actually sent me the payment.

15. I would think a carb rebuilding business would be interested in the whole lot. If you could, send me a pm with pictures of the boat. I was a professional yacht carpenter and have had numerous classic boats!

16. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Reverse rotation v-drive?

17. bajabob

bajabob
    from socal

Not sure what you mean "reverse rotation"?? All the v-drive boats I have are set up in a smilar fashion (ie driven off the flywheel/crankshaft). This one has no transmission, just a direct shaft to the v-drive.

enloe likes this.