Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Featured Classifieds: 1941 Ford Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Featured Classifieds: 1941 Ford Pickup

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

bobwop likes this.
  2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Eyes not on makes it hard. Maybe call and get a feel for the owner and the truck.

bobwop likes this.
  3. Budget36

Budget36

If I had the funds, I'd make the 2 1/2 hour drive and kick those tires!

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

5. Hard to find, the price is very reasonable but too many unknowns about the unknown member, I would have to see it with my own two eyes to believe it. HRP

bobwop likes this.
  6. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

1500 miles away? pfffft! .........when you need an excuse, any will do ;)

7. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

Man ,seems too good to be true!

lothiandon1940, bobwop and jvo like this.
  8. slowmotion

slowmotion

Long winded & TMI always raise a brow to me. Where in Cali? Someone will eyeball it for you I'm sure, if it's real.

bobwop likes this.
  9. jvo

jvo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You beat me to it. Can't help but think that.

bobwop likes this.
  10. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Car dash? Green firewall and dash but blue exterior? Is it even the same car? I've been flamed for not being a believer before, and maybe I will be again, but if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

bobwop likes this.
  11. -Brent-

-Brent-

@Ryan, you've got to have a buddy in or around Salinas, no? It might be worth having one of them take a look. You've been talking about one of these on the HAMB for a while.

catdad49 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

The ad sounds like the ramblings of an old man like me. If I really wanted a 40 pu 1500 miles isn't far and this might be a hidden jewel? I recently bought a 40 standard out of LA from just pictures and the descriptions from the original builder. I gambled because I don't fly anymore and it's what I was looking for. I was pleasantly surprised when the Reliable driver backed it out of the hauler and I took it for it's first test drive. I'm currently doing some updates but it's going to be a great car when I'm done. 7500.00 isn't much money and good 40/41 pu's are hard to find.

13. the-rodster

the-rodster

I'm gunna call bullshit.

Rich

14. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

No phone number means not real to me. If serious about selling and are so forthcoming about history and current condition, should have a phone number to continue honesty with potential buyers and readily complete the sale.
    JMO
    Al

milwscruffy, Louie, Blue One and 2 others like this.
  15. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Make the drive!
    Or it will be added to your regret list, that we all have ($75.00 55 Chevy Sedan Delivery, but it didn't have a title)

16. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

I've noticed lately that when people post pictures of their automobile on either HAMB or Evil bay or Face Book they fail to give pictures of the interior or the engine bay. Also their description of the car are week. A lot of pictures are in a dark building and maybe just one side of the car. I guess they don't want to sell it real bad. I will not waste my time to contact them for more pics or information.

17. the-rodster

the-rodster

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  18. the-rodster

the-rodster

19. alchemy

alchemy

Ha, Ryan got scammed! You should know better. I thought the car dash seemed a little weird in a truck the old guy couldn't give many details about. A guy who builds a custom wants to tell details about the work they did.

milwscruffy, bobwop and Blue One like this.
  20. Way to go Rich, looks like a scam. HRP

milwscruffy, bobwop and Blue One like this.
  21. ... all his posts are two years worth of classified ads. No complaints yet ? Strange, if scammer. I'd still hit him up, for an eyeball visit. Who knows ? Maybe he posts similar items from the internet, but sells what he can't photo and post ???????:confused:o_O

Ad expects tire kickers. May end up like the Impala thread. Bought at 10k obo, then for sale at 22k.:cool::D

bobwop likes this.
  22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Reading the ad screamed scam :D
    Seems that is what it turned out to be.

23. chopndrop

chopndrop

Bought in the 50s? His profile says born in 1951. $300 is a lot of money for an elementary age kid (at best) in 1950s...

lothiandon1940, Hamtown Al and bobwop like this.
  24. I wonder if the profile has been hacked. Hasn't been on here for 2 years, comes on yesterday changes his avatar and then today posts what looks like a fraudulent ad. Something seems odd.

25. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I sent a PM a few hours back. Didn't expect a response and he has lived up to my expectations.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I am surprised he didn't include a picture with ARDUN heads !

27. First thing I thought was if this was a California registered vehicle where is the front plate or at least a visible plate bracket? Call me a cynic but another red flag is the “God Bless” signature line and the other in story line with a thank God reference.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

bobwop likes this.
  28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Huh? How did I get scammed?

***​

You guys are old, gumpy, pessimistic, and down right jaded... and you might also be right. But you might also be wrong... and that's what makes hunting for great old cars so much fun. It's the unknown. It's the what if... It's the adventure of it all...

And if you are too jaded to see the potential, you could miss it! Labeling this guy as a scammer with the evidence we currently have is a mistake. For one, that's just assuming the worst in people... and who the hell wants to live like that? Not me. I won't let the ass hats in this world take my optimism. I won't let em' win.

And secondly, what if there is an explanation for the discrepancies here? Maybe he's an old fart with no real handle on the internet, couldn't figure out how to post pictures, really just wants the truck to go to someone solid, etc... What's if it's too good and is true?

***​
    All that said, it ain't looking great for this one. Hell, if it was... I would have been too busy figuring out how to get it bought to feature it this morning! :)

29. Ryan, take from a old, grumpy asshat that has been burnt & taken to the cleaners once, It won't happen to me again, getting screwed ain't no fun, I have done business with a lot of folks here and since I took up my stand on who to trust I have be pleased with every decisions.

I have a rule of thumb, I don't care how good a deal it seems to be if the person selling doesn't participate on the main board I am suspicious, I have yet to post a wanted ad and not gotten a response within a couple of days that has the very part I need, and at a bargain price, but they don't take paypal and need a money gram sent to a PO box.

And most of the time they send me a conversation the day they joined, all I see is red flags. HRP

1 I2_TSx-oXRVtEneSRQRxWQ.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  30. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

I looked at the ad..man did that guy lay it on thick.

bobwop likes this.