Register now to get rid of these ads!

bad day... got rearended in the 48....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SpeedRacer2002, Jun 19, 2006.

1. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

bad day today .... sittin in the restraunt eatin some lunch and the waitress comes up to me and asks if thats my black car in the parkin lot and i said yes... she goes dont freak out but some girl just ran into the back of it.... so i calmly walk out and see the whole backend crunched and this girl on the phone with her b/f balling saying my foot slipped out of my sandle and i hit the gas instead of the brake all i told her was she better hope she has good insurance.... so... anyone got parts???? heres some pics....

Attached Files:

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Not to be ugly about it ... cause it HURTS ... but could have been a LOT worse ...
    I KNOW ... been there ... had that happen to my old 40 at 40 MPH ... :(

3. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

not gonna let the insurance company know but i can fix everything but the deck lid i hope....

4. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

sorry to here that bro. that really sucks, I hate to see a nice ride get smashed. ........... her foot slipped out of the sandle is bull~shit she was on the cell phone and not paying attention on where the f*ck she was going. it is to bad it had to happen to a nice guy like you............. when you start fixing her show us your progress

5. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

That sucks man, but you'll fix it and hopefully even make a few bucks out of the deal. At least nobody got hurt,and it looks like you can still drive it. It just adds a little character to the car ;-)

6. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn, Brain..You fucked up another one.

Here is a shot of my box and my A. Between me and you that's four.

See you in August. -Abone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

well if the insurance company goes with the estimate i wrote and the one that another shop wrote it will be candy brandy wine in color with white tuck and roll when it hits the street again... i love having my own shop and setting my own prices :)

8. Modly

Modly
    from Michigan

Petition the state to ban driving with sandals ;)

Sorry to see such a nice car get smashed. I'm lucky that I've only had my crap beaters hit, instead of my irreplaceable Cadillac.

My brother wasn't so lucky though, his F-100 got smashed into while he was sleeping at his place. His fender was all wrinkled in, bumper smashed inwards, grill tweaked, etc. Lucky for us, I dabble in body work, and we have plenty of tools, so we could heat up the bumper and get it almost perfect looking again, and we were able to get his fender back into shape with a few hours of metal work.

We still have "plans" if we ever find out who hit the truck though.

Good luck on yours, and lucky for you that you can do your own repairs. It sucks now, but down the road, it will make the car just that much more special to you.

9. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

That blows. at least it can be fixed,though (visions of damnedmk's55)

remind me not to stand too close to you guys in a thunder storm...rough.I'm sorry.

10. Crestliner

Crestliner

Good deck lids are few and far between. When and if you find one don't bend over.

11. 33films

33films

that sucks dude, at least you may end up ahead

12. :eek: :eek: I gotta give you credit for maintaining your cool under such circumstances. I think I saw some old Fords on ebay earlier under the vintage parts cars listings. Good Luck!:D Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

13. Careful with the inflated prices. Insurance fraud is big business here in the states....

I guess if it was me, I wouldn't be talking about pulling one over on the insurance company until AFTER I had the check in hand....

14. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Hey now! No need to use the F word! :p It's no secret collision work costs good money. If he owns the shop, the money goes to him, and the profit can paint the car. Seems jake to me.

15. Mad-Lad

Mad-Lad
    from California

YES SIR!.....I hope he comes out on top. Sucks that it happens, just feel lucky that no one got hurt.

16. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Damn that sucks! Too many people on cell phones these days!
    I almost T boned an old lady a few days ago in my 49 Shoebox.
    She wasnt paying attention and I saw her through the the curve I was in on my right. She just started rolling out not even looking in my direction.
    I hit the brakes and it let out a nice chirp. I went left she stopped and that was all. It could have been worse if I hadnt seen her or she wouldnt have stopped.
    My horn wasnt hooked up then, that night I fixed that.
    The kicker was I was driving home with a new clutch and pressure palte me and my friend just put in in his shop.

17. This kinda crap happens way too much and I think most of it has to do with cell phones although I don't think that was the case with Randys 40 coupe as he sat at a red light,,,,that was caused by an idiot not paying attention or he was brain dead!:mad: HRP

18. lolife

lolife

DMV is just giving licenses away now. All they want is the money.

19. Is there a bumper height law in Kansas ? If so, does your car comply ? You might want to think about that. Every insurance company I've dealt with works hard to avoid paying.

20. specialk

specialk

The point of insurance is not to force you to go and fix it @ $125/hr, but to get it fixed. Once they write the check (make sure that's what they do) then you're free to do as you wish.

21. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

Yes there is a bumper law in ks. and mo. but not when parked only when driving since the car is bagged all 4 corners it raises to comply with the law... and i sure wish it was a chevy or ford right now and not a plymouth cause im having no luck on finding a deck lid... and as for the Fraud part i dont think our estimates on the car are too far out of reach considering the frame time on pulling the body and doing a rear section and its not actually primer its a flattened ppg single stage paint so there is paint time just like any other and the hand painted stripes by whiskey have gotta be worth something.. lol....

22. that sucks man hope all goes well. what year is your car i may know where i can get a decklid.

23. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

DOH! She had to be carrying the mail when she hit you . . . that's pretty beefy metal. I don't know if the slipped sandal wasn't really what happened, unless she backs at 20 mph (while on the phone?)! My dad's old '42 Aero Sedan would have cut her car in half, between the 1/8 rear plate and gas tank of the same.

24. Mootz

Mootz

nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Man, for those of you who have not seen this car, you're really missin out. The best lookin plymouth I've seen. Sorry to hear about this, Cale (knuckle) was just telling me that the car was at the Lathrop car show Sunday. Wish I would have gone now, probably won't see it for a while. You've got skills, it'll be back on the road in no time, I have faith...

Mootz

25. Cool ! :D

26. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hate to hear about guys getting rear ended. I was hit five six years ago, I
    messed up trying to fix my car before I settled with the insurance Company.
    If I would have waited, I would have received 100% of my claim. Instead I
    received around 75%.

My advice, don't start the repairs until it is finalized.

Happy Trails,

Mick

27. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

just waiting on the adjuster to get with us.. the insurance lady called and the chick that hit me is claiming full liability for the accident so thats good... but anyone got any parts cars or just parts??? and its a 48 coupe.. sedan and business coupe are different but can use 46 47 48 parts...

28. SpeedRacer2002

SpeedRacer2002

anyone on the night crew got any parts or parts cars?

29. 29-a-freak

29-a-freak

You might want to search olcarcityusa.com they got almost anything you could want. Sorry about the car though would hate to be in you shoes. Atleast you might come out ahead.

Tyler

30. 29-a-freak

29-a-freak