Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Rod & Custom, Bud Bryan Pete & Jake’s, Super Bell =the Dale Caufeild Story.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Cyclone Kevin, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

Kevin,
    Love the twist on our hero cars!!!!
    That “Kid” truck gets my blood pumping!!!!

Great job Stogy!!!

Stogy and Cyclone Kevin like this.
  2. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

3. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Wow Kevin, Stogy did a bang up job on those trucks. The screaming yellow one with the polished wheels would look great sitting next to my Delivery, but I do have a soft spot for Kelsey's on model A puck ups. 1329B63C-AB6A-4615-BE03-EEAE7353F8EB.jpeg

4. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

As well as I Jim,
    When I saw that as a 1st image, I felt that that’s gotta be built. Jake’s yellow version of a 29 Truck actually did get built long before I thought of P&J connection by Northside Trucking’s Mike Wasser of San Gabriel in the mid 70’s
    Yellow Hue and Orange 16” Kelsey’s. Loved that truck, but never had the money ever at the right time it was for sale. Sadly, it no longer exists in the yellow incarnation as the owner who bought it was involved in an accident and when rebuilt, emerged in a Gloss Black Hue with Red Steelies and cheater slick WW’s with Rings & Caps. Who knows, With a wheel swap it could’ve been the truck that we based Pete’s on? Now wouldn’t that be something BTW, Mike was the former owner of the R&C Americruiser Delivery that Thom & P-Wood put together over a Loooong Weeekend ;).
    All of the projects used P&J’s Products in their builds.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks @Cyclone Kevin for the great presentation, praise and story that only you could put into proper perspective regarding the alternative twists that may have possibly happened if the stars had aligned differently...

It is an interesting twist that doesn't always pan out...but both looks do work with the less streamlined cousins to the Stealthy Coupes...

I also extend a thanks to those offering additional compliments regarding the extensively modded Photo collages through Kevin's input...Long Live Pete and Jake's...;)

6. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Yes, I’m inclined to agree as that’s a lot of work to move around all of the elements that create the “Peek’m Ups”and yes I can see how one would dig on those Kelsey’s.

Outback and Stogy like this.
  7. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

What can I say? You Knocked this whole idea out of the park!!!!!!! Again made it a visual reality and to that I Thank you. You even made our post subject proud. ;).

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks again Kevin...I would also like to compliment Dale on his part in all of this...just an all around success story really...thanks again for Sharing it...

KKrod and Cyclone Kevin like this.
  9. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Another thanks, great story.

Stogy and Cyclone Kevin like this.
  10. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

"I'm sorry for not chiming in earlier but, I have been pretty busy preparing for our crosscountry move."
    To where Dale?

Stogy likes this.
  11. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

We are headed for Henderson Tennessee. We have shut down in California and are feverishly everything. The movers will be here next week. Everything should be there by the end of the month, then it's get back up and running.

12. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Good luck in the new town, they should be happy to have you.

Stogy likes this.
  13. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Dale’s relocating from Red Bluff Ca. To Henderson, Tennessee. (I think he heard his pal Jack Daniel Calling) ? ;) He’s looking forward to a change,

He grew up in the San Gabriel Valley where I’ve lived all my life, moved up to Red Bluff in 79 and decided that he’s going on to a new adventure in life.

I feel if Dale would’ve been more central to the Hot Rod builds going on throughout the past 3 decades, one might have seen him profiled in one of the Rod mags as those writers/photographers would drop in local places all of the time and that’s when the content was interesting and not a printed infomercial.

He’s had some great write ups by SRM-Ron
    Ceridono, He hung out with Tex Smith in ID. He’d pop up in R&C in the 70’s, He just keeps working away in his shop, now onto another.

Wishing him the best with his move and I’m glad that we’re able to celebrate his talent while he’s still here to see he’s made a mark in Hot Rod history,

BTW-Was watching “DECADES” TV and a profile of Charlie Sheen popped up, in their connect with his father Martin, They showed “The California Kid” and Martin sitting on the fender.

It had a 7 second focus which is eternity on TV. They could’ve shown any other image of Martin, but it was that image, now that’s making history;).

14. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Dale, what happened to the idea of you moving to Idaho ? I was looking forward to that.

15. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Marty,
    Too many rich Californians moved there and drove the prices too high, plus they are bringing their problems with them. Tennessee just looks like a better fit now.

16. ... bit of a drive, but Gene's Hot Rod Shop and Barillo's Speed Emporium is at least, down the road from 'ya. Tennessee whisky !!!

17. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Definitely a bit of driving to do....4 hrs & 46 mins from Henderson to Gene’s & perhaps Barillaro’s, that’s like driving to Vegas from L.A. ;).

18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Cyclone Kevin, I will see about getting those two images onto a cover when I have a moment...throw one of these @ in front of a name and it flashes in their face...;)

loudbang and Cyclone Kevin like this.
  19. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The California Kid wouldn't be what it is today without the flames, but I love this look. :). 9C7C1514-7C9A-467F-8AAF-8B1CD977F0DC.jpeg.jpg 000_0029%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Outback, akoutlaw, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  20. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Dago, that is my favorite version of Pete's car. It had a rather sinister look to it that way.

21. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Here's another "what if's" for you, what if Pete had left the coupe all black instead of putting the flames on it? It still would have been a bitchen hot rod but, probably wouldn't have been in the movie. Pete and Jake would probably not gone in to biz together........................

22. Ken Smith

Ken Smith
    Alliance Vendor

We are sorry to hear you aren't coming to Idaho. Good luck in your new location!
    (Agree with you about the sky rocketing real estate prices)

Stogy, Cyclone Kevin and loudbang like this.
  23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nov-73-R-and-CV4.jpg

:rolleyes:...@Cyclone Kevin I believe your pickup is Chopped so this is a kooky one for you and very fitting as it's the Chopped Top issue...:D

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  24. socal34

socal34

good choice Dale , love Tennessee, see you at the NRSA NATS

loudbang and Weedburner 40 like this.
  25. socal34

socal34

My roadster IMG_2910.JPG in front of the gas station used in the movie California Kid

26. primed34

primed34

I think you'll like Henderson. Small town but close to larger cities. My son is a college teacher there. I live about 80 miles from there.

27. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

A Chopped Truck is very fitting for a farm.......
    Thank you Stogy!!!!!!

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your Welcome...

Did you zoom in and see how Chicken's check out interiors?...:D

Outback, loudbang, Hamtown Al and 2 others like this.
  29. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

I did, that’s a stack!!!!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  30. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Primed34, since you are that close, you'll have to come by the new shop when we get back up and running. Watch for the announcement here and on our website. Look forward to meeting you, and all the rodders around that part of the country.!