Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X-cpe

X-cpe

Almost 9 year old grandson was over yesterday. Wanted to do some woodworking. Do I have a hole saw? Yes. Skateboard. Dimensions determined by available scrap. One thing I discovered. Young grandsons are every bit as capable as grandfathers at not remembering where they put things down.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  2. Got up early and worked 'till noon. Came home and changed my Q.C. spur gears from hiway [2.71] gears to my 3.54s and drove to the local Friday night cruise. Much better!

3. indianbullet

indianbullet
    from Ca

Over the last couple days, got the carbs on, fuel and pvc lines plumed. Throttle cable bracket made, along with full pressure remote oil filter mount.

Attached Files:

Terrible80, 32SEDAN, j-jock and 4 others like this.
  4. Got the o/t car ready for a small local end of summer show tomorrow. Good day to spend with the family, lots of stuff happening around town.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. cleaned garage........... using formula CG= HW x Pi devided by 2 = HTC where
    CG= Clean Garage
    HW= Hours worked
    HTC= Hours to clean DSC02326.JPG
    only to mess it up again shortly.......................

40two, Lil32 and impala4speed like this.
  6. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jacks garage was loaded with hot rods and friendly faces after Donut Derelicts. Typical Saturday. FB7CC97B-1EAC-4CD2-9F00-4AD74EEA34C2.jpeg

7. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

Got the mechanism fixed and the Pilot Ray light mounted

Attached Files:

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

We need a side view of that Auburn. Bob

40two likes this.
  9. I am re-assembling an 800 cfm Quadrajet, that I bought, supposedly as a rebuilt unit, to use on one of my o/t vehicles. The carb started flooding badly after a couple of days, and I tore it down to find that whoever rebuilt the carb was an idiot, and had installed the needle valve clip on the wrong side of the float.
    The rest of the carb is clean, and there do not appear to be any other screw ups, but so much for my effort to save time. Now, I am going through the carb piece by piece, to look for any other modifications or mistakes.
    I am grateful that it flooded before I left the yard, it would not have been fun to disassemble it on the side of the road, and there was a real risk of fire.
    Bob

10. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

side shot sm.jpg
    ^ Today
    < 3 years ago

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    61Cruiser, 40two, j-jock and 2 others like this.
  11. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Sandblasted my rusty front bench seat frame. Will throw the small pieces in the cabinet then POR 15 everything.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Lil32 likes this.
  12. How much Pi did you have?
    Bob

40two and 32SEDAN like this.
  13. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

14. Finally got an hour to swap the fuel pump in the Fargo and drove it for the first time ever. Made it down the driveway and back. Fast enough it shifted into second. Brakes lock up. Had the truck 28 years.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Early Ironman and j-jock like this.
  15. Deuces

Deuces

...just lazin' on a sunny afternoon..... sunbathchausie.jpg

16. Siphoned out the five gallons of failed gas that I put in my '47 project about 4 years ago along with the five gallons I put in last year to try to rejuvenate the first five. Removed the carb and freed up the gummed up accelerator check ball and cleaned out the rest of it for good measure. Going to have to mount the radiator and run it more often, I guess. The Stabil stuff didn't seem to do much good.

Old wolf, Hamtown Al and Lil32 like this.
  17. I feel for you, having to handle that stale crap.
    I have come to the opinion that not all fuel stabilizers are the same. I have been using the Amsoil fuel stabilizer with good results.
    Bob

18. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Today I cut to size/shape ten 2x10x16 roof rafters for my car port build..Man were the wet ones HEAVY!! Eight more to do and then put them all up in place, hope they dry out by then!

lothiandon1940 and Hamtown Al like this.
  19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nothing major, just cleaned the tape off the spindles, and put the wheel bearings in some paint thinner to soak over night. The 1911 Hupmobile dust seals are unique, felt still looks serviceable. DSCF3520.JPG DSCF3519.JPG

20. 62rebel

62rebel

Determined that the fuel pump I recently replaced was a POS and went to get another. Nope, not in stock, don't know when they will get another... so, ordered one from rockauto. This is probably the reason for the car originally going out of service. Yeah, I should be making up my mind about whether to keep the 289 or swap in the 460.

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not much, got up at 6 drove 180 miles over the pass and watched a bunch of old cars race all day while taking 514 photos with the camera.
    Had fun and saw some really cool cars.
    I've seen the Ramhargers car in the far lane at the Portland Roadster show just about every year I ever went and that car does run strong. So does the yellow Henry J though. IMG_7981.JPG

jnaki, Jalopy Joker, 40two and 2 others like this.
  22. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Cleaning out the shop to take pics of my '27 T Tudor .

23. I am not going to tell you that electric pumps work well because you are probably just looking for a reason to install the 460. :)
    Bob

61Cruiser and osage orange like this.
  24. 62rebel

62rebel

I got a few good electric pumps, but I don't really like to use them. Even if the 289 gets to full operation I might still swap it out.

25. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I laid out some flames on a '55 chevy! Mom is visiting so I have to do laundry and dishes next... Then back on the '47 Ford!
    20190826_093220_HDR.jpg 20190826_093209.jpg 20190826_113749_HDR.jpg

swade41, Deuces, 40two and 3 others like this.
  26. I am partial to big blocks, so any information I would provide would be biased.
    Bob

27. Caprice89

Caprice89

Went to a auto junkyard with my son in a OT Oldsmobile (1972 but ok) to find parts for his Citroen. No luck on the parts, but had a nice drive and some father - son time.

Sent from my hand held online shouting device.

28. My Ot 82 chevy 3/4 ton that I use for a wrecker needed some attention. It acted like the starter was bad. turned out to be a bad ground cable from neg bat post to the engine. fixed that & the tail lights and turn signals. The drivers electric window quit working. So I tore in to that. the switches where all working. the motor on the regulator was bad. pulled it out. Said made in Mexico on it. Got angry and gutted the door. then removed a manual crank regulator from a junk truck. Freedit up and oiled it. Messed with trying to put the door back together. the sun came out and I started getting sweat in my eyes. So I quit and came inside. Now cooling off drinking a beverage and on the HAMB so everythings OK.

29. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

11C0B450-E8A7-40A6-8891-E19312CDD896.jpeg About cut my finger off on the table saw.....saving money by doing the floor replacement myself! Should have stuck to working on cars!

Bones

j-jock and Old wolf like this.
  30. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.