Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I had to ask -

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

He will probably be driving it next year more but this year not so much. Once he makes the rounds and it's not new then he will drive it, at least that's the way it usually happens. It's a lot of work to make them fresh all over and then clean them up.

kbgreen, lurker mick and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I stop and look at the cars that catch my attention and could care less if they drove it or it came on a trailer.

3. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

Now that he won a trophy, he had to upgrade his picture.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. He said he would like to win a big award at Pigeon Forge and with that affirmation hopefully someone would want to buy the car, like I said earlier this is the first time I have seen the car and I don't know if he built the car or a professional shop built it. for all I know he could have bought it at the NSRA Nationals.

jim snow likes this.
  5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

was just at the the Goodguys West Coast Nationals, Pleasanton, CA - there was a Memorial for who must have been a really good guy, with at least 100 people there - a couple of his cars were brought in on a semi-trailer during the event - have never seen that before SAM_9902.JPG SAM_9766.JPG SAM_9769.JPG

i.rant and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. Well I have a $10,000 paint job(get chastised for the bugs & butterflies on it) & I have 85,000 miles. It's been redone 3 times. Seemed every time that I went on a long distance ride when I got back home it had to be redone. Pictures are lost the hood in Tuba City ,Az, L A fathers day show 6 times, Havasu, Az 6 times, Vancover BC deuce days, Frame repair from taking out a rather large racoon, had to do the other side to make them match . Every time I would do some update to make the car perform better, well I tried .
    Now in the twilight of my cruzin , I don't feel like anymore long rides. Just goin to coffee is almost enough & I'm glad to get back home with all the distracted loonies on the road.
    These jewels ,well two of em, are goin down the road as I only need one. + I promised my bride a cruise ,EGHH, to Hawaii .

Attached Files:

BradinNC, 47ragtop, Montana1 and 4 others like this.
  7. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

I’m sure some one posted this before but it’s worth repeating.

Not driving a nice car is like leaving your girlfriend a virgin for the next guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre, s55mercury66, dann57 and 6 others like this.
  8. I don't care what others do as long as it doesn't adversely effect me. I have my stuff for me and do whatever I want with it. Im Ok to let others do the same. Havent been to a car show in over a decade. Don't do cruse ins. and don't belong to any car clubs. Actually being on the HAMB and occasionally yanking on someones chain is enuf fun for me. LOL

9. Had a friend who restored a 63 vette and sold it when it was done as it was to perfect to drive, bought a clean Chevelle and beats the piss outta it with his whole family and had fun.

My cars are clean but I like driving them.

I can appreciate the over blown perfect show cars, but it’s not something that I ever got, it’s a car drive it !!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. Dang. Now "I gotta ask" . What is 2100 miles from Sierra Vista?

Ben

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. Think I would like to know you. Maybe.

Ben

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. The Hot rod power tour. Last year his tow vehicle's sissy ass auto trans puked itself to death and he drove his 427 nova race car the entire trip.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. squirrel

squirrel

Close, Hot Rod Drag Week.

BradinNC, HOTRODPRIMER and Old wolf like this.
  14. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I don't have a problem with him wanting to keep it perfect for the upcoming big show, afterall it is his car and his money that paid for it whether or not he built it himself or had it built for him. But I do question why bother to trailer it to a local cruise-in, looking for some ego stroking?

15. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I get it. I like it both ways. I have drivers in all stages from just get the heap running to half way nice to my car of my dreams with every rare part that I always wanted put together in one package that will have imaculate paint and body work that I will enjoy just keeping it as perfect as is possible for as long as I can. I love body work and paint and love to see how close to perfect I can get it.One of my favorite things is looking at a freshly done straight and beatifully finished car. I like all facets of the hobby. Sometimes its just as pleaskng to me to just look as you would at art and then I also like to have the ones to drive in a relaxed state , not stressing over scratches and dings..

Hemi Joel and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  16. I stand corrected.

firstinsteele and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  17. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've seen your Model A and as far as I'm concerned, it's just about perfect. If I can ever get either of my projects anywhere close to the level your A is, I'll consider myself a lucky man.

Hombre and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  18. ...I think those trailer queen guys should just put big picture windows on the sides and ends of those trailers, that way they wouldn't have to unload the cars and worry about someone touching their car,,would save them a lot of work and worry.

...was at a big show today and a bunch of cars came in in enclosed trailers right where we were sitting watchin cars roll in...I wanted to make up a sign to hold up that said "nice car",...even tho we couldn't see it.

19. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

I recently bought a 12 year old OT car with extremely low miles. Been driving it every day I can and making a few modifications. It had 8,780 miles on it when I bought it and has almost 10,000 now. I've owned it 10 days. I am catching a lot of flak for driving a low miles original and making modifications to it. I bought it to drive.

My '32 build is being built to drive whenever possible. It may ride on a trailer to a really long distance event but I don't plan for that to happen. I want to drive it a lot! Rack up miles.

I have a good friend with a bunch of low mileage hemi muscle cars, he drives them. Power Tour, cruises or out to eat at night. He keeps them looking new but knows he can jump in and go at a moments notice.

That's what cars are for.
    SPark

20. David Chandler

David Chandler

Maybe it's one of those Street Rod things? You know, plenty of billet and an LS under the hood?

Me, my vehicles go on a roll back only if they die, which doesn't happen very often. Except for my plow truck, which can't be run legally on the road. That never leaves the yard, except for when things really hit the fan, with all of that computer stuff under the hood. Anything else runs on it's own power, or it doesn't go anywhere.

21. jim snow

jim snow

I guess to each his own. His car he can do what he wants.I think it’s much more fun to drive em. Snowman

Hombre, lurker mick and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  22. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I really get frustrated , also when I hear all the crap about “ my car is spotless and I never got a trophy .” WTH , take the 7.00 trophy , I have a trophy at home in the garage when I put my 32 in there . I guess I’m different , the most fun I have had at a car show is when there is no judging , just a fun time enjoying our hobby . No hurt feelings over cheap azz trophies . The poor guy that is driving primer raising 3 kids is having as much fun as Joe Macho , with 4 maxed out plastic cards trailering his Show Car .

big duece, Hombre and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  23. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Be cheaper to go to the store a buy a cheap plastic trophy than buy a truck and trailer!

Hombre, Old wolf and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  24. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I never go expecting a trophy, but if I get one I appreciate it. Only time I ever trailered was over to Atlanta a couple of times and a couple of times to Tupelo, Tupelo trips were behind the motor home. Everywhere else I’ve drove. Rock chips and bug guts are badges of honor, signs you enjoy your car for what it was built for, to drive to places!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

We have a guy here that has mega bucks in a 57 Chevy ragtop. Car is drop dead gorgeous. Car goes everywhere in a trailer. He and his wife push it out of the trailer and to it's parking spot.

26. southcross2631

southcross2631

I may trailer my Morris to a cruise-in before winter. It's rough with a 6.00 gear to run the interstate for an hour. Otherwise it would be on the road every chance I could.
    My old Morris was my daily for almost 3 years , rain or shine. It even won a trophy for the best old school import at a car show once. It was pretty funny. DSCF0934.JPG s pretty funny.

27. You , friend, are a glutton. Scratch that! A gourmand.

Ben

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

I can empathize with the guy that the OP is referring to, because I have done it. I have beaters/daily drivers type cars, and they are by far the most fun, because I love driving above all. I've drove on drag week 5 times, power tour, cars and cone road trip, lots of cross county trips, etc. But I also have a couple of very clean, very nicely done cars that I love to share with the public at shows because I am passionate about the car. I don't care about trophys, I usually don't even register a number on the car. (But if someone has a car worthy of a trophy, and he relishes the recognition, good for him, let him go for it.) The issue is (imho) that, the car deserves to be shown looking its very best. Out of respect for the car, I don't want to show it dirty. I have to drive over 1/2 mile of gravel to leave my place. And to clean it well, including the 6 chromed wire spoke wheels, takes at least 20 hours, twice that long if I have to drive thru slop and mud. Time (and/or energy) I don't always have available. So sometimes, when conditions WILL mess up the car, I have a choice: trailer it, or don't show it at all. You tell me, is it best to leave it home, or trailer it and share it? 4.jpg

swade41, Lil32, i.rant and 7 others like this.
  29. some folks enjoy owning the car and go trophy hunting
    some folks enjoy the build
    some folks enjoy the swapping and trading part
    some folks just drive em
    some just look at em
    I dont care wither way

Nostrebor, Old wolf, kbgreen and 4 others like this.
  30. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

There are two guys like that around here but its not that the cars are too nice but they got too much engine that will not run right on the street,friday the one was running rough and would barely run taking it back to the trailer a block away.

X-cpe, Hombre and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.