Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Movie of the Day: The Devil on Wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Movie of the Day: The Devil on Wheels

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I had to be an Actor hopping in an old Hotrod would be something I would wish for...ahh the good Ole days...I will check that out when I have some time to spare...these are great for period detailing...

I did see this movie quite some time ago as @missysdad1 used the Hotrods in this movie as inspiration for his Hotrod...

Thanks for sharing this gem... @Jive-Bomber

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  3. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

I'll be watching it tonight!

Stogy likes this.
  4. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

That's a great one! I recall taping it on VHS off of TV in about the late 70's. I had taken a still shot and blew up a print of the race (at 21:00). They started with 6 cars and it quickly went to 5 cars. I'd guess one of them broke down during the filming?
    Always wondered if any of those particular CA Roadsters had survived?...

Stogy likes this.

5. DIYGUY

DIYGUY
    from West, TX

Watching now!

Stogy likes this.
  6. catdad49

catdad49

I'll surely watch this later on the TV! Thanks, Jay.

Stogy likes this.
  7. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

Man! If you owned a VCR in the late 70's you must have had money! As I remember the first one we got around 1983 and My Dad made payments on it for a year. LOL

Stogy likes this.
  8. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Saw this film as a little kid in the early 50s on TV. Also tuned in for "Boston Blackie" series shot in Los Angeles. From that moment on, I always envisioned Southern California as the land of hot rods, beautiful girls and orange groves. Big surprise when I got to visit about 1962. But the nostalgia remains. For me, that connection will always be valid.

Stogy likes this.
  9. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Thinking back it may have been more like the very early 8's. I recall my High School getting a couple of the early, huge top loader VCR's in 77/78. Our first was a splurge by my parents and we all agreed it would be the main household gift at Christmas that year. Top loader Magnavox. I recall scanning the TV Guide for interesting movies on a couple of channels that showed old movies in the wee hours, and setting the timer. This was way before prerecorded store bought videos really hit the market. Even at that, the campy B movies were not too available.

Stogy, williebill and hotrodlane like this.
  10. verde742

verde742

aaaah , CALIFORNIA, Land of fruits and nuts,,
    ( 'cept for my daughter in Santa Monica )

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  11. 6sally6

6sally6

You had me at....."it gives me the whammys"!:)
    6sally6

cactus1 and Ebbspeed like this.
  12. wvenfield

wvenfield

If you have a smart TV or a Firestick or something similar Tubi has a lot of old car/biker movies available for free.

I watched "Pit Stop" the other day. This was one I wasn't even aware of before.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064819/

Made me curious if the Gassers in the beginning are still around. Great movie if you want to watch a bunch of 55-57 Chevy's get trashed.

13. wallyringo

wallyringo

I just watch The Highwaymen the Bonny and Clyde movie. Pretty damn good and great cars.

Kelly Burns likes this.
  14. Crazy Teenagers! We did not do that stuff on the east coast.:rolleyes:

Stogy likes this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dang Hoodlums.JPG

:rolleyes:...Dang Hoodlums...:D

brady1929 likes this.
  16. Ebbspeed

Ebbspeed

Scene on the beach: "Life, it's all so complicated. I've got a neurosis. Too many hamburgers. It's my nerves, do I look like a victim of arrested development? Your perfect, come on give." You cant get better dialog than that.

Stogy likes this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can you imagine today someone calls and offers a spot in a vintage movie and it involves flying down some nice paved country roads in period Hotrods all gas and vehicles supplied...

I guess back then they were 2-500 dollar Jalopies...just buy them and use them and throw them out after...:eek:

Some Pretty Iconic rides have hit the Big Screen...B Movie or not it's provenance...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    cactus1 likes this.