Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Cody Walls Builds 32 Ford 3 window coupe “The Ardun Killer “ .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Here it goes , with being from the east coast I’ve always had a love for Traditional east coast hot rods , heavy channel , no chop bare bones hot rods .Ive been Dreaming about this project for over a decade. Actually while I was building “The Wagon “ collection small parts here and there .but it was never the right time or place to get a body . I always knew some day I would get around to this build of my own I just never knew when . I always Knew in the back of my mind it was going to be a 32 Ford 3 window coupe , heavy channel no chop , Wayne powered inline 6 . For the past decade I’ve been vigorously searching magazine, the web and anything I could find that had to do with channeled 32’s ,my favorites are Bill Kelly’s coupe before it was chopped, Tuffy , golden rod , Ricky Nelson Roadster and the list goes on .........

So a Couple of month ago , I sold my Running driving beautiful 59 Buick electra in hopes to Buy a Really nice 54 Nash-Healy another Dream car of mine , but the Deal fell threw And my wife said why don’t you start you 32 project, and at the moment with 8 customers projects going on at my shop I didn’t want another one , but as time went on and the more and more I thought about it , now is the right time . I searched everywhere for a body . I was even thinking about a brookville if nothing came up. But I waited and waited ,losing hope at time that a real 32 would show up. Then I got a Text message from a buddy of mine Mason Dyer saying” have your seen that coupe I tagged you in on Instagram for sale “ immediately I jumped on , contacted the seller and 5 min later the deal was done . After a month trying to sort out shipping it finally arrived Sunday and I’ve already started cutting the car apart .

2. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

3. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

4. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

5. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Go Cody Go...this ones for you...what an awesome Hotrod it's going to be...

loudbang, enloe and Cody Walls like this.
  7. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

A5490482-DD51-4239-A69E-1EAA4573B211.jpeg
    Here’s part of a sneak peak of what the Coupe is going to look like when it’s done . I had my friend Eric Black do the rendering , when He does his renderings they are to scale . And he was able to figure out that I could channel the coupe 9” and I still would be able to fit comfortably.

8. I'm not a "huge" fan of deeply channeled cars, but with that said, I do know that with you at the helm of this build it is going to be one extremely righteous ride. You may completely change my outlook.:).......Don.

9. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I'm on board, again! ;):D

10. brady1929

brady1929

Good luck with your 32, actually with your talent, I don't think you need it.

loudbang, enloe, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  11. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Here we go! I'm pretty sure I can't fit in a 9" channeled 32, but I do love them.

Sidebar: If that is your squarebody crew dually, I'm jealous. My wife does not think I need one.:(

12. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another piece of automotive art from Cody Walls...……I can hardly wait :)

loudbang, Stogy, Just Gary and 3 others like this.
  13. Watching! As I said on FB, nice to see one being channelled and not raised back to stock.

14. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sign me up, for a front row seat. Have always been a fan of that look!

loudbang, enloe, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  15. Just beautiful. The Wayne 12-port will make it really stand out.

16. This is gonna be good!

loudbang, Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Looks to be pretty sweet so far. Let’s see lots of pics of the floor building with the channel and how you tie it to the body.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

18. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Yes that’s my dually .

SKT, brEad, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  19. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thank you , will do

20. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Exactly.

21. Looking forward to seeing a old school east coast build, they are few and far between but I feel confident you can pull it off! HRP

22. LAROKE

LAROKE

Love all your builds but have special interest in following this as I run a Jimmy 302 in my '37 Chevy pickup and a blown 235 stovebolt in my '55 Chevy pickup (or will when I finish my rebuilds).

23. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Awesome

24. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

Hurry up, I can’t wait to see more. By the way i Love your truck also.

loudbang and Cody Walls like this.
  25. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

26. How do ya like that, he hasn’t even started and I like it already. By the way, how goes the E-job?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

It’s coming along great , she told me that I have to finish her car before I finish the coupe

28. Gofannon

Gofannon

Subbed. Any history on the Wayne head?

loudbang and Cody Walls like this.
  29. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

I bought it off of eBay , about 5 years ago . It came from the mid west . The guy I got it from said he found it on Craigslist and some dirt track guy had it laying around before him . The head number is #1119 . Which means its the later 11 series head . It originally came with a 3 log intake manifold and turn down exhaust manifolds . I traded Zeke Zackerson the 3 carb intake For the Side draft intake because I knew I was building a channeled car and I didnt want the the carbs sticking above the cowl . I wish I had more history on the head . And honestly the head looks like it’s barely been used .

30. You deserve this one Cody! Happy for you and will be following along.