Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Grundy claim.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 28 Ford PU, Aug 18, 2019.

1. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

I had a suicidal deer dive out of the brush and landed dead center of my 28 pickup last Sunday 8/11/2019 on my way to a local show. I called in a claim to Grundy (Philadelphia Insurance Co.) on site while I waited for the flatbed to arrive.

It’s been a week now and I haven’t seen a insurance adjuster.

I’ve been ignored- tried three times to contact and left messages to my Claim Examiner with no response from HER.

I’ve been lied to - At one point the claims office called me and told me the person handling my claim was on vacation could I wait until next week? I said no the shop doesn’t have room for my truck at the moment. They said ok we’ll get someone there within 24 hrs.
    After another broken promise I called the claims office again and explained everything above and they said “your Examiner is not on vacation she’s sitting right next to me. Give me your contact number in case we get disconnected.

I’ve been hung up on - they transferred me to my Claim Examiner and with 30 sec. —— click they were gone. Well they took my number they’ll call me back. WRONG!

Now in boiling over like a Jap thermostat Grrrrr.

I got a email from my Claim Examiner (Yes the one on vacation). SHE writes “Sorry for the delay we’ll have someone there shortly.

Is this a common? Am I expecting too much wanting to talk to a person? I say SHE without having to mention her name. I’m sure they know who SHE is. Anyone her have a similar experience with SHE from Grundy?

I’m hoping someone from Grundy visits this site.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Wow! I want to hear more. Good and bad.

loudbang likes this.
  3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

They are all probably having a grand time in Monterey right now.

loudbang likes this.
  4. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

After over ten years having Grundy, With no claims, I got rear ended last year coming home from a rod run. They had an adjuster out within 72 hours of me contacting them. HE was rather generous (I would prefer to say realistic) with doing the initial appraisal and had a check to me within a week of him looking at the car. I never had to go back for any additional costs after getting into it (I did find a bit of additional damage, but decided to just be happy with the fact I got what I thought was a fair settlement) but when he did the estimate, he did tell me not to hesitate if more damage was found. I am very happy with Grundy. They even sent me my deductible after they collected from the cause of the accident's insurance company. I cannot complain, at all.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

oh "deer", that is not is not good in more ways than one - contact info for regional manger, or other high ups, available?

6. Understanding the insurance game 101
    Day 26, page 42 of your workbook, paragraph 2.......
    "An insurance adjuster is NOT rewarded by their employer for making fast payouts to claimants.
    The premiums which are paid in advance into the hands of the insurance company are invested and are making some juicy returns.
    If all claims can be delayed an average of one week, that means the company's returns are pouring in for a week longer which compounds into millions of dollars over the course of a year. Do the math for delaying two, three, four or more weeks.
    The extra monies gleaned by these 'delays' also get invested for yet more returns.
    Because the primary priority of the company is making a profit, fixing or replacing a claimant's property is bumped down to a secondary priority."

clem, mgtstumpy, tractorguy and 9 others like this.
  7. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

8. If you bought thru an agent, contact him or her in the am, they have a little more clout than the policy holder.

tractorguy and loudbang like this.
  9. linechaser32

linechaser32
    from Iowa

I had one claim with Grundy. No problems at all.

loudbang and mcsfabrication like this.
  10. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've had 2 claims with Hagerty over the 17 years they have insured my cars and could not be happier. No experience with Grundy but I never had that sort of experience with Hagerty.

loudbang likes this.
  11. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Had a good friend with coverage on his hot rod with Grundy. It was a new car to him and he was unaware of a non functioning neutral safety switch. Car went out of his shop in reverse with the door open, tore the heck out of the car. Grundy had a adjuster out in maybe three days, covered everything even damage not discovered until after repairs had started.

loudbang likes this.
  12. Never had grundy insurance. however my personal experience with insurance companys has been disappointing. They are real good about accepting your payments and raising your rates for no reason. However when it comes time for them having to pay they try and weasel out of paying.

13. I use State Farm ( now desjarden up here)
    Just use an agreed upon value and I can drive where ever and how much I want in the year.
    Had one claim years ago and it was easy and I got paid.
    Not sure if this is just the broker I deal with but been with them since I was 16 and never an issue.

Have friends with Grundy and Hagerty and complains about the restrictions and such.

I do pay a bit more then them for my insurance but the fact I can drive my car all over hells 1/2 acre and take the car off in the winter and just put storage insurance on it for $2 a month it works great for me.

14. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

That’s true, I have seen Jim Grundy setting up and tearing down his display in the area just outside the Pebble Beach show field. You would think he could afford a carpenter to do the grunt work.
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune, hopefully they will settle with you for an appropriate amount.

loudbang likes this.
  15. oldolds

oldolds

Look up your states insurance commission ( or whoever regulates insurance in your state) phone number. Call your insurance company, leave a message that you will be calling that number in the next 24 hours. That has brought results whenever I needed to have a discussion with an insurance company.

16. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, the State Insurance Commissioner will help. I filed a complaint about health insurance and I heard from insurance company next day.

dirty old man and loudbang like this.
  17. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What he said

dirty old man and loudbang like this.
  18. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I don't know about Grundy, but Hagerty was totally awesome, no problems, quick response and settlement. 56 Pickup 018.jpg

dirty old man, loudbang and rob-redm like this.
  19. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

loudbang likes this.
  20. primed34

primed34

I had Grundy for years until I had a claim. I now have Hagerty. When I had Grundy I talked to some real idiots on the phone. Had to turn in the same claim (broken windshield) to Hagerty and things went a lot smoother. Kind of like the difference between ice cream and shit.

21. ditto , was side swiped by a hit & run idiot in my other off topic vintage car ($2000 in damage)... called , was told to get three estimates... submit one and they paid my claim asap ..That's the one thing I heard about Grundy claims were hit and miss .. sorry you got the run around.. Hopefully they do right by you..

22. gene-koning

gene-koning

Tell them your going to call your state's Insurance Commissioner will get fast results.
    The Insurance Commissioner doesn't like payout delays, and insurance companies don't like unhappy Insurance Commissioners. The Insurance Commissioner has the power to make life a bit rough for insurance companies that don't follow the rules. Gene

Frankie47, dirty old man and loudbang like this.
  23. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

I have been very satisfied with Grundy. Two claims. One expensive Deer encounter.

loudbang likes this.
  24. uncle buck

uncle buck

Why waste your time with calling them to tell them you plan on calling the insurance commissioner? It sounds to me like you’ve called Grundys enough, make your next move an email complaint to the insurance commissioner and let them contact Grundy. With the email you have a trail of evidence started.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I didn’t read all the thread however in many cases an independent claims adjusters are used. I would keep the truck at the shop and let them know they are being charged a daily storage fee. This usually will get some movement from them. It’s fairly typical in the insurance industry to delay action if they can. It sucks for the claimant though. I just had my sister go for a few weeks with the run around on an off topic car that was totaled. They wouldn’t do anything just delay and excuses. I finally called them and said “If it’s not settled by the end of the day, I’m going to write a check to the shop and have the shop fix the vehicle and you will just have to reimburse me for that amount”. They settled by the end of the day.
    Edit : I’m in Illinois insurance laws vary greatly from state to state. You might want to talk to someone that owns a Collision repair shop and get some advice to see what they recommend as to dealing with slow adjusters.

Frankie47 and loudbang like this.
  26. dan31

dan31

Sorry to hear about your truck. I'm pretty sure they will come through for ya but it may be a good idea to start to communicate through email with them. It will give you a record should you have a problem. I think it's a pain in the ass to have to do it like this but it has saved me on more than one occasion. If SHE is young you are WAY more likely to get a response in a timely manner through email,as i'm sure it goes through her phone. Even in a professional setting many younger people are wired to work this way. It will work out ,it may just be a p.i.t.a. for a little bit.

loudbang likes this.
  27. roadster1923

roadster1923
    from Girard PA

I have Grundy Insurance going on fifteen years, with one claim. My claim was resolved within a week. No problems at all with the whole process.

lothiandon1940 and Tri-power37 like this.
  28. During my first year with Grundy, I had a neutral safety switch incident 3 years ago while inside a building. Pancaked the driver's side of the car from headlight to tailight, as well as damage to the building. Grundy had two adjusters come out within days. One for my car who was incredible, including figuring in repainting the entire car because "it would be a difficult color to blend, and with all my eliminated seams, I had no good stopping point". I assume the adjuster for the building was equally efficient because a later discussion with the owner told me he was promptly taken care of. I had my check within a week. Grundy was top notch in my opinion, I only wished they would have renewed me at the end of that policy year. I was not renewed, understandably........something about a 2800% loss factor after the first year.:( I'm now with Hagerty, but my premiums are almost double for basically the same policy, again, understandable after my stupidity incident. Higher premiums now, but I was happy just to be able to get insurance.

Malcolm, loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  29. Rramjet1

Rramjet1

Had the misfortune of meeting the trailer hitch on an SUV with the front of my 3 Window 32 last year. Had it hauled 200 miles to the only local shop I would consider. Over $10k in damage. Grundy was on it right away. Between them and AAA all the towing was covered.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Malcolm and lothiandon1940 like this.
  30. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Another member was recently rear ended whilst driving his Pontiac tin woody however he was insured with Grundy. I've always had my cars insured and have only ever had one claim which was processed reasonably well and in a timely manner. I wish you well, it's not much to ask since you pay premiums on the premise that you'll never have to submit a claim and when you do, it's processed expeditiously and not in their own sweet time. All you want is to get the car back on the road ASAP. It's not much to ask, is it?