Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HOTROD-A-RAMA: THE RESURRECTION! 2020 Postponed till 2021

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Aug 10, 2019.

1. I am proud to announce after a long 10 year hiatus the epic and iconic pre-1965 Hotrod and Custom Car Show Hotrod-a-rama: The Resurrection will return next year to the Great Pacific Northwest. I would like to give a big shout out first of all to all the people that helped make this show great in the past. Mischief Makers former member especially. Also my father Terry Seaholm RIP that inspired the show in the first place. Steve and Corry Glucoft for carrying it on a few years after I took a long leave of absence.
    The Hotrod-a-rama: The Resurrection will take place in Pendleton, Oregon. New location with better opportunities for growth. Oregon Grain Growers Distillery will be ground zero for the event(www.oregongrain.com) with it spreading out over some portions of downtown Pendleton on Friday and Saturday. This will be a huge 4 day event that begins on July 30th and culminates on Aug. 2nd. 2020. Please make plans to join us in the Celebration of Acceleration!
    Hugh Tucker Jr. son of famed 60's drag racing legend Hugh Tucker Sr. is my partner in crime for this event. He brings a new and exciting perspective to the Hotrod-a-rama and is just the right guy to help pull this off. His family owns and operates the distillery that produces whiskey and vodka's. The distillery boasts a full kitchen and cocktail bar to appease the most discerning taste.(Oregon Grain Growers Brand Distillery on Facebook) It has way more room to host a large contingency of hotrodders and the owner/operator Rodney Bullington is a hotrodder himself which is a big bonus. He has attended previous Hotrod-a-rama's in the past. So he knows the drill and is very thrilled that it is coming back in full force and fury to Pendleton, Oregon. Our former venue is just too small for this upcoming event and they have lost the parking close to the tavern.
    We currently have a Facebook page for some details and we are working on a website for the show. Currently formulating content and details to be announced.
    The show will start off on Thursday the 30th of July with check-in the early afternoon and around 4:30 pm we will take a 30 mile drive out of town to a family drive-in theater we have rented. Food trucks and a mobile Divco milk truck turned rolling beer tap will be on sight. Drive-in hold about 300 cars and we expect to fill it up.
    Friday we will stage cars at the train depot downtown and have a cruise loop going in the early evening before the VIP Kick Off Party at the distillery. Saturday will be a full day of hotrodding downtown as we block off portions of historic Main St. Lots of bars and shops to patronize in this area. Sunday we will have a large pancake feed before everyone takes off and heads home.
    We are very excited and thrilled to bring this show back from the dead. People have been clamoring for this for years. We had a good run of 8 shows back then from 2002 to 2010 but now we are slated to step it up a notch. Join us for the fun . Please feel free to start a private conversation with me and post a picture of your hotrod or custom to see if you will qualify for this event. You can also post your postal mailing address there and I will get you on my mailing list for the show. DRAGSTER_COVERPHOTO_5.jpg All cars, truck and racecars will be vetted for this show. All must pre register for the event online when we get our website up. www.hotrodarama.us will be the address. We will not allow anything that remotely resembles a ratrod in this show. Cheers! Join us at the Resurrection! DRAGSTER_COVERPHOTO_5.jpg Dale Seaholm- Event Co-Promoter

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  2. You have full year to get your car finished and make plans to travel to Pendleton, Oregon. Bonneville Speedweek will be the following weekend after the show so you can plan a twofer if your feeling like a destination vacation for the summer. I will be heading there on my way home as well. Come join the party and lets take over the town filling it up with traditional hotrods and customs from around the country. Cheers, Check out our Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/Hotrod-a-rama-The-Ressurection-619686815194689/?modal=admin_todo_tour

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Glad to have a new show to attend. Thanks for all your effort.:cool:

4. Your welcome but this is a reboot of one we did years ago in Tacoma, Wash. It is going to be more than wild I can guarantee it.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Fantastic News! Can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. Cool.....I'll be sure to keep your event in the back of my mind as I prepare for next year. Pendleton is just up the river from where I was born and raised.

7. seatex

seatex

Enjoyed your shows at the SWISS TAVERN when I was working at SEATAC years ago. No doubt it's gonna be a knock-out show! Also, sorry to hear your father has passed, Dale.

chryslerfan55 and curbspeed like this.
  8. I Love that this show is coming back & am excited that there's a real traditional Hot Rod & Custom show in the North West again. I only wish the timing was different. Unfortunately it looks like it's going to land on the same weekend as our local show here in Yakima that's sort of a tradition for us. In the past it was the same story. Bummer....

9. Oh C'mon, Come take a ride with the Pharos

10. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Fuck yeah.

curbspeed likes this.
  11. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

Oh yeah! The calendar has been marked:cool:

curbspeed likes this.
  12. Ranchero59

Ranchero59

That sounds great. Looking forward to it.

curbspeed likes this.
  13. Choices will have to be made I'm sure. Yakima is old news man. This is going to be epic in so many ways. Choose wisely!

dana barlow and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Thank you. That is nice of you to say. We all can't live forever. No one makes it out alive!

15. Back up top

dana barlow likes this.
  16. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Can't wait Dale! Looks like that distillery has some good eatin'.

curbspeed likes this.
  17. Oh ya! Every time I look at their FB page I get hungry for one of those "tasty" burgers.

dana barlow likes this.
  18. Hell Yes! Hotrod-a-rama 2002 was my Maiden trip in the 51 Vick. I had a whole 45 miles on it when we headed north, never missed a beat. I made the next 6 years in a row then drifted a different direction. I feel another "first time" road trip coming on. Hope I pass the vetting process. She's getting a little rough but still looks good at 70 M.P.H.

chryslerfan55 and curbspeed like this.
  19. Like us on Facebook Page. Picked up two great sponsors!!! 47682969_575656609539146_8964775809764032512_n.jpg 68832640_974087119604865_1030798610670813184_n.jpg

20. HRW%20logo%20large.jpg HRW%20logo%20large.jpg Just added Hotrod Works from Nampa. Idaho as a proud sponsor. So happy to have Nick and Ken . Great guys that know what they are doing. https://www.hotrodworks.com/
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  21. Back to the top in case you missed it. "Be There of Die Trying!"

dana barlow likes this.
  22. I will be at the Ventura Nationals this Saturday handing out postcards for the show. I will not have my car there as it is just a quick trip over and back. I'll have these cards. GETURASSUP_COVER_2020.jpg

23. Another post card I will be sending out on my mailing list. You can PM me your postal mailing address if you feel you would like to make it out to the show next summer and I will mail yo something out. Post a picture of your car as well so I can see what's coming . Our website will be up shortly, Cheers Dale Seaholm skelly_postcard_2020_web.jpg

24. I'm putting it on my calendar and try to make it.

curbspeed likes this.
  25. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I'd love to try to get down for this.
    2007 was my only HRAR and it'd be cool to be there for the (hopefully) triumphant return.

curbspeed likes this.
  26. I want you there. Make it happen

27. I need you there my brother! I will pushing it a lot when I go to NZ in November for Squeak's big 50th shindig. Hopefully I can get a bunch of your Kiwi brethren up to check it out. Lots to do after our show in that 2 week period

28. IMG_1898.JPG IMG_1897.JPG IMG_1895.JPG IMG_1896.JPG I had am old sign frame that I had painted with my design on for promoting the Hotrod-a-rama. It turned out way be better than I had hoped. Dig it. It 6ft long. IMG_1900.JPG