Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage A few from the 2019 Vintiques NW nats.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr48chev, Aug 11, 2019.

1. CGkidd

CGkidd

The chopped 4 door 51 Merc with copper flames belongs to a buddy. He built it for his wife.

Sent from my E6910 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Looks like you covered it pretty well. I didn't get out of the booth much to take any pictures. The Black '32 Roadster was our Friday Sponsor pick. There was some neat cars there this year. We had a good time cruisin' my Fridge truck around Saturday Night. I wish this show would take off more. I'd really be great to see them get 150-200 more cars. They do so many good things: Friday activities (Drags & event at the dirt track), Great band Saturday night, lawn mower drags, on grounds camping, feed you for free 3-times & best of all the Saturday night cruise!

8C2EE3AD-BCA9-4870-88AD-38346F43D460.JPG 124D7675-F31A-4AFF-9FA6-4010AD66B1D2.JPG 81033FF4-AE2B-4A78-8CBB-1AA232596529.JPG A82D9805-7C81-4404-9C1B-8E0049B277E8.JPG IMG_6486.jpg

i.rant and akoutlaw like this.
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You must have been out and about when I was by the booth. There were too many people looking at the car to get a shot straight at the booth like that when I was there.
    That Black roadster was well worth your pick, one nice ride that had everything right on it.

4. 34Larry

34Larry

Hey Mr48 dome real nice rides on that side of the hill, thanks for the pic's.
    Funny thing happened on the way to reading the posts on HMB..................I didn't see
    one picture from the GG's in Puyallup. Guess they didn't have this year since i wasn't
    able to make it? :rolleyes:o_Oo_O

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tom Davison did a big thread on Puyallup. This Davison (Rob) hasn't made it to Puyallup for maybe ten years. It's getting to be a challenge to drive over to events on the I 5 Corridor and back in the same day in the past few years where back 30 years ago I did it in the truck or the 51 Merc all the time.
    I saw a few cars that had been at Deuce days, in Victoria, in Tom's photos from Puyallup and then made it to Yakima.
    Yakima is still a great event but getting to be more of a 1 or 1-1/2 day show as they serve breakfast on Sunday and then have the awards inside the Sundome with no spectators. Thursday nights used to be a party by the gate years ago as you watched the cars roll in to registration (back before the Sundome was built) and the grounds were full of rods on Friday and Saturday and awards were out at the horse track on Sunday. Now a lot of people are out running around on Friday either hitting the wineries, Brew pubs or doing other stuff in the area.

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Thanks for the show coverage, that black 32 roadster looked niiice.
    I've only been once, 1985, you could almost call it "the old days", it was a great show.
    In addition to the show, another quite memorable part of our trip from Portland was seeing that wrecking yard near ? Toppenish ? that sat very near the highway, man, it was full of vintage tin.
    The Yakima Valley is beautiful country too!

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That "wrecking yard" wasn't/isn't a wrecking yard but a neighbor and his son's collection of vintage tin scrounged up from around this area and Eastern Oregon around the John Day area over 50 years.
    The State used to send people trying to nail them for running an illegal wrecking yard for years on end but they never sold anything to anyone. (so word goes) They would trade bodies for bodies back then though and the Chevy sedan body out on an old trailer was traded for a Coupe body back years ago.
    Rick is said to be selling off the car stuff now because Henry (his Dad) told Rick's sisters the cars were their inheritance. He still drives truck on the road and is hard to catch at home though. I live 3/4 of a mile up the road.

8. GTO_MUSCLE_SS

GTO_MUSCLE_SS

Bandit Billy and Stogy like this.
  9. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Cool rides,great coverage,thanks for sharing.:)