Register now to get rid of these ads!

What am I doing wrong? I can post pics

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by vince76, Aug 11, 2019.

1. vince76

vince76

Can someone please help? I having trouble posting photos to my posts. What am I doing wrong?

Vincent

2. Type your text. Click upload a file. Select phot from your file. Click done. You will see photo at bottom of post. Click on thumbnail, or full image. Check it over and post reply.
    If you are using an IPad, after you see image at bottom, put your curser back in the text area where you want photo.

loudbang likes this.
  3. I’ll make a quick video if you still have troubles...

4. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    Are you saving the photos as jpegs on your own computer? Or are you trying to post via your phone storage? Phones sometimes have trouble connecting and functioning well for the HAMB posts, let alone adding in photos. Just wait until you have your laptop or home computer to save the photos from your camera or phone as jpegs.

Sometimes, even then, the good photos do not post all of the time. So, I have found out that I can paste the photos onto a Microsoft Word Program document. Then I can size it to fit the story or thread. Too large and the photos are blurry. Too small and detailing is a little lost. So, the Word Document allows you to find a happy medium without having to use a photo program. Those photo programs are used if your photo needs a little help in clarity.

Editing the photo should be mandatory, as too much concrete or too much sky ruins the photo. Once everything is the way you want, now save as a jpeg, then do a trial post on the HAMB window.
    upload_2019-8-11_4-29-28.png Direct from a digital camera file, not a phone. Clear, minimal reflections, no trees or people, and the composition is just right to showcase the car or subject. But, the size is good for most posts. NO PHOTO PROGRAM IS/WAS NECESSARY.
    upload_2019-8-11_4-31-11.png
    If you post a photo and the lower information tab does not show up, then re-do all of the steps and go back to save your photo to a jpeg or png. Do the trial and error again.

Jnaki
    In the beginning, it was a difficult thing to post stories or photos. But, trial and errors helped set up a simple program that I follow for good results. I have tried phone writing or photo posts, larger tablet photo posts. Nothing works like a 17 inch laptop screen and programs or a 30 inch home computer screen for clarity.

Coordinating programs to make these old eyes see clearly, is fun and the larger screen is definitely the way to go. Don't be in a hurry to post, the information is not going to go away. It is better to get it right/spell check and make sure your posts are clear and photos not blurry. YRMV

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019

5. squirrel

squirrel

Without knowing exactly what you are doing it's just guesswork to try to figure out what part of that is wrong.

Perhaps you could give us a step by step of what you are doing? so we can see where things are going wrong?

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. .................and, Ryan has written some very informative tutorials that show how to do almost any procedure here in HAMB-land. They're at the bottom of the page where the To The Editor section is located.:)

jnaki likes this.
  7. vince76

vince76

I am trying to use resized photos directly from my home computer JPG images. (612 x 408 in size). They were taken with my digital camera. After trying to upload the photo I get a security error message. I've been on the HAMB for quite some time and have not had this issue before.

8. vince76

vince76

I just tried saving to word then uploading. To no avail.

9. vince76

vince76

I even tried taking new pictures. No dice

10. Fordors

Fordors

Being re-sized they should work, I always do that and it’s never a problem. One other thing to remember is if loading multiple images try loading them one at a time. At times multiples have worked for me, other times they don’t.

11. jnaki

jnaki

Hey V,
    Are you trying to load an image after you are trying to edit a previous post? Now, we are talking a different ballgame. The HAMB will not allow anyone just to insert a jpeg or png saved photo into an EDIT page. You have to hit the "more options" tab below.
    upload_2019-8-11_15-55-44.png
    I remember that I left out a photo between paragraphs. When I went back to put it in place after I posted the paragraphs, the little cursor just blinks. No photo is placed where I want it to go in the paragraph areas.
    upload_2019-8-11_16-7-18.png

So, the answer to this question is to hit the "more options" tab and that will allow you to post additional photos onto a previously written post in a thread.

Try that and see if it works.

Jnaki
    In the last posted photo screen shot, I tried to post an additional photo in the original answer from post number 4, just above the Hello typed word. The hamb just left me blank until I hit "more options."

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. It is a good idea to resize (downsize) your photos before uploading here. 1600 x 1200 pixels is big enough to fill most screens. 800 x 600 is usually even big enough. They'll upload faster for you and they allow the pages on the HAMB to load up faster when we open them.

When you save the resized pics, are you sure you're saving as JPEGs? On the image file names, do you see ".jpg" at the end or is it some other file type?

13. vince76

vince76

I have tried all of the above.

14. Have you tried logging out & back in?, it has to be something on your end if you have been able to post photo's in the past. HRP

15. loudbang

loudbang

@vince76 Right click on your photos and go to properties and see what TYPE of photo they are. Look for "type of file". IF they are not JPEG than that may be the problem.

If they are some other type photo open paint and drag a photo in and then look at the top left of paint and see this

1.JPG

Click on the highlighted blue box then select SAVE AS on the right side of the box. Then save as JPEG.

ClayMart likes this.
  16. vince76

vince76

I have tried logging out then back in. I have even tried using a different server.
    The photos are JPG

loudbang likes this.
  17. What kind of internet connection do you have? Dial-up, DSL, satellite, cable, fiber optic...?

What browser are you using? Some browsers seem to handle certain tasks better than others. Has it been updated recently? Have you tried a different browser? Have you cleared your browser cache and cookies lately? o_O

loudbang likes this.