Register now to get rid of these ads!

History RotoFaze Dual Cap Owners

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Scott Mize, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Scott Mize

Scott Mize

We have a Rotofaze dual cap which we are running in our 241 Hemi. If you own a RotoFaze dual cap (operates like two 4 cylinders) please post.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Fogger

Fogger

Contact Joe Panek @ Roto-Faze for info. 310-325-8844

3. Scott Mize

Scott Mize

Thanks I know Joe. We aren’t having issues just thought a thread of owners would be cool.

4. Those of us that don't have one, are waiting patiently for photos, Those that do, are hesitant to post photos, because it's like announcing that you keep a gold bar under your bed.:)

Scott Mize and warhorseracing like this.

5. Scott Mize

Scott Mize

Here is a video of ours on our distributor machine. Set dwell at 62 degrees, using Bosch blue coils and Taylor vertex mag condensers.

6. Scott Mize

Scott Mize

Also. One just sold on the H.A.M.B. a few months ago for a y block. Sold first day.

7. Dave's32insocal

Dave's32insocal

27F20563-5D64-4794-97DE-722A9CD3AE57.png A846B7AD-3CC7-4180-AE4D-1A02F2E1C101.jpeg 1F566DAD-6582-462A-B7DA-86799A212BA8.jpeg E6698B6B-5DAB-4D2A-AC9D-E09116122357.jpeg Just finished mounting the coils and I have to say that John and Joe at Roto Faze are super nice people,willing to help you with your distributors in anyway they can and are looking to buy some back either the dual coils or their tall distributors contact John at the shop,I know I told him good luck with the dual but maybe someone has a tall on a shelf somewhere? John’s really working on bringing back the dual coils,I’ll call and find out how that’s going and post later.

8. Fogger

Fogger

Twelve years ago I bought a Roto-Faze for a small block Chevy off ebay. I called Joe and gave him the serial number. He has log books of all the distributors and who they were sold to. He serviced it adding new components and ran it up on the distributor machine. The Roto-Faze distributors are works of art and a friend says they're built like a Rolex. Joe gave me a poster of the inner workings and although the design is many decades old there is nothing built today that is of anywhere close to the quality.

kidcampbell71, Max Gearhead and mrhp like this.
  9. Scott Mize

Scott Mize

Thanks for adding info. I thought I found another dual cap yesterday in the box. Unfortunately it was a newer version. Postmark was 1969 and for a sbc. [​IMG]

10. 26Troadster

26Troadster

i'm glad you posted pics cause i had no clue.

Scott Mize likes this.
  11. Scott Mize

Scott Mize

Your serial number is 5 away from ours

12. titus

titus

i bought this one of the hamb recently, been wanting one for a long time, so i bit the bullet and bought it, serial #60022. its gonna go in my cadi powered chopped and channeled 32 coupe
    IMG_3226.jpg IMG_3225.jpg

belair, Louie, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  13. showrod

showrod

Titus, is that an actual cad or something someone cut down?
    I saw it on eBay messaged the seller who sent me measurements that where not matching my stock caddy distributor.

loudbang likes this.
  14. Here is a pic of Kong Jackson, Ed Winfield , and me Tim Avery in front of Ed's house in Vegas in 1976. Kong is explaining his prototype ignition on my Model B to Winfield. Not a very good pic of the ignition but you may be able to recognize the red 4 banger Oldsmobile cap. Kong was a really good ignition guy. It was a ball hanging out with him in the mid to late 70's. A guy can learn a lot doing that. I bet you did not know that Winfield ground all the cams for Kong's ignitions. That is one of the reasons they worked so well.
    [​IMG]

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  15. titus

titus

Yeah im not sure what it is supose to fit, ill likely modify it to fit my early cady motor, i was thinking of calling Joe Panek and see if he can run the serial number.

JEFF

16. 97

Joe has all the serial #s. I brought a Y block one to the USA from New Zealand and dropped it off with Joe (ten years ago) for an East Coast Kookie car clone. He had it done for the guy's Caddi in a week or so....easy. 310 3258844

17. Bet ya that raised a couple of eyebrows at the x-ray machine thru Immigration and Customs :rolleyes:

18. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Twin cap used '34 Willys caps? Think that's what they fit...long time ago now. (1982?)
    I found some for Von Franco after gifting him the one I had...

Has Joe Panek got a 'number' from his files of how many dual cap ignitions there were?
    Amazing they keep turning up.

19. 97

I flew into Vancouver , where my pickup was stored. No comment at all from Customs, or anyone else. When I crossed into the US , they dicked me around for 4 hours on every single part I had in the truck, ( most of a 26 roadster) that I had bought into Canada 8 months earlier from the US , and had documents to show that. The only item that wasn't documented was the distributor, I told them it was a spare part for the truck as I thought my one may have been what had been causing a starting problem. Didn't even open the box or raise an eyebrow!! BUT they made me walk back to Canada to exchange for US$6 cash to pay for an iris scan!!