Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who’s getting ready for Mo-Kan?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by Jermo, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Title says it-who’s getting ready? What are you wrenching on? We’re getting close enough I figure there’s some lists getting worked through right now. This will be my first year running the 40 down the track (car ran in 2004 H.A.M.B. drags from a previous owner) The transmission went out in March and created a heck of a list to get things in order, some necessary, some not. So, transmission, check. Bump up the stall with a new converter, check. Rochester tri-power rebuilt, check. Neutral safety switch, check. Posi 3rd member for rear ended, check. Then worked out the rear quarter windows-going up and down again sure is nice, and finally body trim put back on. Gotta have some bling... it’s been a long 4 months but finally took it down the street and back late Saturday night. Now I have to get the front sheet metal back on and iron out a few kinks but should be ready. Who’s in???[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Come on down!

Just a few weeks away now.

I think I will rebuild the carburetor on the old truck. I just did that 25 years ago. Stuff just does not last like it use to.

3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to see your little car on the road again, I'll save you a cold beer in the hotel parkinglot.

-Abone.

4. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

See you there!

5. raven

raven

I have a grocery list of things I need to take care of in the next four weeks to prep the roadster...
    I just need to do them...
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. Skelgas

Skelgas

Skelgas out of Lee’s Summit is planning to show up with the ole dodge. Your 40 is looking good!

Tim likes this.
  7. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Just fixed the charging issue on my rpu. I looked at the requirements and added a coolant catch can. I've been tweaking the motor and have it running pretty damn good. Just need to add a seat belt and I think I'll be ready.

straykatkustoms likes this.
  8. Thanks, I’m down to seat belt, battery box and timing. Had it out a few times this past weekend and had some fun. Is this a dark colored early 40’s dodge coupe by chance? I’ve seen it around town a few times but haven’t been able to catch it yet. Sweet ride, love how it sounds. It would be nice to meet a neighbor down in Joplin!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

straykatkustoms likes this.
  9. Butch M

Butch M

I am loaded and ready

badvolvo likes this.
  10. Tater Bug

Tater Bug

11. pmdguy

pmdguy

This will be my first time participating in the hamb drags and only the second event for the wagon. Been building this car for the last 4 years and now ready to have a little fun with it! Paint and interior will have to come later. LETS GO RACIN!!!

Attached Files:

das858, Butch M, Tater Bug and 3 others like this.
  12. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm ready to head that way, I'll be in Herb's 39. Hope to make it over Friday evening. See ya guys Saturday

53864640_2384876564858828_3927132312357044224_n.jpg

Butch M, Sancho and Nick32vic like this.
  13. Tooth

Tooth
    from Missouri

Hey Mike, I'll be looking for you,:D bringing any shade? Looking forward to seeing your wagon. Tooth (John)
    Thanks for selling me the 9.3 Pontiac olds rear end it is going to be perfect for my Chevy coupe!

14. pmdguy

pmdguy

Hey John! Yes I will be there and yes I will have a canopy for shade! I've been watching the rain chances, hopefully that wont be a problem! Are you bringing a car?

15. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Not bringing a car but reserved vendor space this year, been sorting and filling totes. See ya'll there.

Sancho and straykatkustoms like this.
  16. Tooth

Tooth
    from Missouri

Not this time the oldest thing I've got that is running right now is my 68 Nova, 54 Chevy truck and the 30 Chevy coupe will hopefully be running this time next year.

Attached Files:

Billy Batz likes this.
  17. I'll be there [avatar]