Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Wondering if this is happening in any other part of the USA & world ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Aug 6, 2019.

1. .......That was my good friend, Tom. He was changing the oil in the car of daughter #1 at dusk one evening when he opened the "fresh" oil container he really couldn't see the oil, but could smell the unmistakable stench of used oil. Walked over to his porch light where he could see and sure as hell, someone had poured their used oil back into the container and took it back to Wal-Mart for a refund!:mad:

Deuces and wraymen like this.
  2. My son once worked at Wal mart. He said they were instructed to give a refund on anything brought back. He even was told by management to refund money for stuff that was not even sold by them.
    John Wayne once played a cowboy in a movie and one of his lines was (paraphrased):
    I have been all over this country, seen everything, done everything and one thing that I have learned is
    " People are no damned good!"

RDR, uncleandy 65, KoolKat-57 and 3 others like this.
  3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I just bought a jug of oil at Walmart for the first time in my life. $8.00 cheaper than the auto parts store.

looked like good oil when I poured it in. maybe I better double check.

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

in case you guys haven't heard humans suck. it will not ever be getting better than it is now, so you just better get used to it.

5. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

" People are no damned good!"

That's an understatement!

williebill and Deuces like this.
  6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Another piece of annoying blowback in EVERYONE'S life is due to thieves:
    Bulletproof packaging on nearly everything to slow down the jerks who shoplift from packages in the store.
    Buying $50 worth of miscellaneous minor stuff at Home Depot results in a 20 minute fight to hack off a ton of packaging on stuff that might actually have cost the vendor more for the package than for the product.
    Worse, we can see why they do stuff like that! As an example, if you need one of the little packets with 5 screws in it, you will oft find that the first several on the hook contain only 2 screws each...aaargh. That gives a sort of economic view of the level at which losing product to thieves is cheaper than armoring the package.
    I've lost a fair amount of blood hacking at heavy, streamlined plastic armor with my pocketknife.

7. and everyone of you posters know exactly why this is( one of the subjects we are not allowed to talk about on this website),,,,,this world needs God now more than ever,,,now Ryan will delete this

Jibs, Gasser 57, ffr1222k and 15 others like this.
  8. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

I have an old aviation tin snip for this duty - saves on band aids....

Deuces likes this.
  9. manyolcars

manyolcars

The news had a woman screaming because her son was shot and killed while commiting robbery. Her exact words were "How's he supposed to get his money?" (if not by stealing)

Atwater Mike, Old wolf and KoolKat-57 like this.
  10. AngleDrive

AngleDrive
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Maybe we should move to Dannys town :D

hotrodharry2, RDR and Deuces like this.
  11. RmK57

RmK57

The oil manufactures need to put the seal on the outside of the bottle / jug ,like hard liquor bottles.
    If the seal is broken, absolutely no returns.

12. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is why I buy all my oil and other automotive fluids at my local independent auto parts store. I'm sure I pay a little more than at Walmart or Autozone but I know what I'm getting and it helps to keep a local store in business where they actually can look up old parts in a catalogue not just the damn computer.

trollst, RDR, ClayMart and 4 others like this.
  13. Ziggster

Ziggster

That's low, but one of my relatives is the king of product returns. One that stands out to me was when he purchased four new tires, installed them on his high horsepower foreign sports car for track day, used up 50% of the tread and then returned them because they were "defective". He got his money back...

14. Several shops I know of mark defective electric Tools with spray paint because people take it out of the dumpster, go into the shop and say "this tool is defective and I want a new one!"

15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

The more experience I have with humans, the more I like my dog!

16. If you think about it, all these thieves will not be taking up room when we get to Heaven !

RDR, lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  17. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I recently bought a MityVac tool. Typical thing, looked online for one in stock, rush to get there before closing. Paid the guy and left. Get home and some cocksucker had used it to bleed his brakes,carefully scotch taped it back up and returned it. I suppose it was my own fault for not carefully examining it, I just didn’t realize you have to do that these days. Lesson learned. At least it still worked, it just burnt me that I paid new price for used stuff.

KoolKat-57, lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  18. 1ton

1ton

I never buy anything that even has a slight hint of being opened already. Don't care what it is.

19. Three Widow's Garage

Three Widow's Garage

First rule of big box stores, pull a box from the back of the shelf and check that it hasn't been opened.
    I find the fastest way to open all the plastic clam-shell packaging is with the band saw, a quick trip around the edge and you done. A few posts back someone mentioned " the selfie generation" its all starting to make sense I haven't heard it in that context before but I'm sure we will be hearing it more in the future as this is the next generation.

RDR, lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  20. Deuces

Deuces

I hate to say it guys.......
    This is a FUCKED UP world we're livin' in.... Watch your back!...

21. williebill

williebill

It's happened to me, too, BUT......

Two of the big box stores ( That I know for sure ) take back their fucked up, defective as hell shitty stuff that WAS new when you bought it, and...… put it back on the shelf. For the next unsuspecting sucker/customer. If they sell it 10 times, but only 9 bother to bring it back, then they made a sale to the one person who was too lazy to return it, or afraid of conflict at the return desk.
    If it's got clear tape holding the box together, do not buy it. I don't give a shit how bad you need it, you're wasting your time and money.
    I own a bike shop. I've seen bikes so clearly defective that a blind man could see it from across the street at night in a snowstorm, but there's always somebody who doesn't notice that the fork dropouts are welded 3/4 " off on one side.
    I got a million of these stories.
    People DO suck, I see shit every day that makes me think that I may be an asshole, but I'm still a honest guy.
    If it's got a power cord on it, I will not buy it from some of the big box stores. Hell, if it's got moving parts, I won't, either.
    Guess I'd better check my shampoo now. Can't afford to fuck up what hair I still have.
    BTW, I take shit back at my shop, too. If you try that shit here, I will laugh at you, and make sure you never come back.

Atwater Mike, Deuces and wraymen like this.
  22. bobw

bobw

On the other hand, I wanted to buy an electric metal shear from a big home improvement store. I asked the clerk if repair parts were available because I had experience with one finger in the head breaking. She said, just bring it back (in good working order) a few days before the warranty expires and we'll give you a new one.
    I do believe that most people are honest and good most of the time.

KoolKat-57 and Deuces like this.
  23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

there was a thread recently about someone had gas stolen from their car at a car show - lucky they did not replace it with water. recently I left the house with a bunch of $100 bills. When I got home there were only singles. some pick pocket must have stolen the hundreds and replaced with singles.

24. prpmmp

prpmmp

I bought a three pack of condoms, uh never mind!! Pete

PoTaToTrUcK likes this.
  25. Bought a tube of touchup paint from the Ford dealer & didn't check it before I left the dealership. Got home & put it on the shelf. A few weeks later I went to use & as I shook it up I felt my fingers getting sticky. You guessed it some PO S had used most of it . Told The Ford parts guy about never expecting to get a replacement & I didn't. Now I check every package before I exit the store.
    Had a mom & pop motel once & the maid complained about the sheets. They were black & No shzzz the ones she took off the bed were filthy black. I caught the guy hitching a ride out of town. His story "Well you just send them to the laundry" .I can't hit the SOB or he would sue me.
    Todays future politicians.

j-jock likes this.
  26. Reason #59. :(

sidevalve8ba and Deuces like this.
  27. BillSchmid

BillSchmid
    from Ohio

I work at a dealership for big trucks. We have repeat customers who pull this kind of stuff. One guy will always buy a kit of some sort, then bring it back stating that it was missing a part, so we will exchange it. A few weeks later, he will bring the replacement back for a refund, saying he ended up not needing it. That way he gets the part he took out of the kit free. He gets watched very closely now. Most of our counter guys and shipping clerks will check all returns and cores very closely, but every now and then we still find used or new parts that have been installed on the shelf. Another thing that has happened is a customer brings back a core and the counter guy doesn't check the box like they are supposed to and think they are returning a new part. They give the customer full credit, the customer of course won't tell us our mistake, and the part goes back into inventory waiting to rear it's ugly head the next time it is sold

KoolKat-57 likes this.
  28. People have been doing rat stuff since forever.40 years ago I was a parts man.I did a refund on a starter core.Later one of the guys opened the box,and it has a couple bricks in it.

29. ems customer service

ems customer service

and remember you vote for some of these people

30. The problem is, we're all paying more in the long run because of these ass-hats. Retailers are always going to price their commodities high enough to cover the inevitable shrink loss.:mad: