Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sputtering/hesitating while turning right.

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Big Betty41, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Big Betty41

Big Betty41

I have an issue of sputtering/hesitation and what feels like "running out of gas" every time I make a right turn.

When I bought the car it would backfire several times and was a little difficult to drive. Once I had the Carburetor rebuilt, it drove significantly better. I was delighted that the fuel issue was eliminated after the rebuild, or so I thought. About the 5th to 7th time driving it, I began to notice sputtering and hesitation on right turns. I tried to duplicate the problem on left handed turns but had no success. However when it comes to right turns, its like clockwork. Last night, while driving straight, pulling away from a traffic light, it backfired badly and blew the muffler out.

I'm assuming this is a fuel issue and the best thing is to take it back to the gentleman that rebuilt the carburetor. However, prior to doing so, I wanted to obtain more information and educate myself a little from the all the experienced folks within this forum. Things like incorrect float adjustment, something vibrating loose, poorly tightened screws, etc. or am I way off?

2. You need to re-post this on the main board. HRP

3. Or take up NASCAR racing

Chebby belair and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Big Betty41

Big Betty41

Thanks, however what is considered the "Main Board"? Hokey Ass Mess Board?

5. Big Betty41

Big Betty41

LOL

6. Yes the Hokey Ass Message Board. More people will see it and I'm sure you will get some help. The Antiquated board is more for off topic collections and such.

lothiandon1940 likes this.