Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Where did my thread it go?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56sedandelivery, Aug 1, 2019.

1. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Hey guys, I posted a thread for another HAMBER to benefit from, about raised/stacked spindles for the Tri-Five Chevrolet cars. I've had threads pulled a couple of times; usually for content outside the pre-65 rules. Most responses were skeptical, some were quite negative, and some boarded on hostile. Then it disappeared, and the guy I posted it for (brigrat) asked me why it was gone. There are LOTS of threads here that seem way off base, some are really questionable, and some are, for lack of a better word, flat out stupid. So, did a Mod pull it, did someone flag it for removal, or is there some other reason. Did't hurt my feelings at all; I have a pretty thick skin, and it really takes a lot to get me angry. But, since brigrat asked me why, I'm asking why also. There you go! I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

2. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Happens alot. Some whiner doesn't like a post because it has more muscle cars then traditional builds. Or, will whine because someone will post something off topic that is still valuable information towards a traditional build.

Can't please them all.

Sent from my SM-G930T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  3. I thought your thread was interesting, it was something that I never considered doing. I’m sorry it got taken down.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

anthony myrick, loudbang and belair like this.
  4. Butch, no idea here, but it was an interesting read. Not something I had seen before, so I didn't post on it. Rather, I took it all in. Guess not all modifications from back in the day fit the HAMB.

loudbang and Deuces like this.

5. topher5150

topher5150

happens to us all you'll see a thousand threads about a 5.0, or using S-10 parts, but you ask a similar question and bye bye thread.

swade41, loudbang and Deuces like this.
  6. Send a pm to cob.

7. I thought it was ok. I posted on it. And it was something that actually was done back in the day.

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. High5

High5

Butch, I posted as well not seeing anything wrong with what you were asking for. Hopefully some of the info got shared before it got pulled.

10. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Make a post on hidden stereos,hidden A/C, hidden GPS and other street rod crap and you’ll be ok. Because all that is traditional (wink wink)
    Stirring the pot

11. Butch ..I started one a few months ago about patina vs. traditional .It made six pages, was a featured thread, and the next day, gone. Someone probably made a personal attack, and a little new age girly- man complained. I don't know why the Mods don't just remove the "sensitive" posts instead of the whole thread.. Maybe one will tell us??

12. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

I always wondered why just certain posts weren't removed vs the whole thread too.

I agree sometimes no rhyme or reason, just like building small blocks for dirt track racing is ok etc...

Were the hell did I lay my national enquirer ??? :)

tubman likes this.
  13. Better call Mulder and Scully because you know the truth is out there.....

scrap metal 48 and partsdawg like this.
  14. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Now THIS here article is top notch! Amazing process and parts. If the Chinese would do some raised spindles, along with their lowering spindles, everyone would be happy (well, most everyone). I think the biggest issue with raising a car up, is the ride afterwards. Raised spindles don't affect the actual ride however. As far as the original thread I made, I think it was probably someone hitting the "report" button. Oh well, not a big deal; like I've said, I've got a thick skin, and I like stock height anyways, for the most part. Thanks guys. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Old wolf likes this.
  15. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Now this place got hit with the sensitive bug , just send everybody a participation trophy and shut it down ! Funny , I thought this was the H.A.M.B. where you could call out dumbasses ....speak your mind , etc.

16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Bypass the middle man and remove Mr. Sensitive.
    By the way how is it possible that one member (other than a moderator) can have a thread removed, inquiring minds want to know.

427 sleeper and partsdawg like this.
  17. It was posted on the spam thread

Report a thread twice and it gets a soft remove

I read the thread
    And posted
    It was informative
    But also veered off track a bit
    I dunno
    I posted about vinyl wrapping a car and it got clipped
    But another thread on the same topic stayed up, dunno people report stuff o guess that hurts there feelings.

E01CA0ED-6D71-4A32-94AC-2284CA796B49.gif

18. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If he's a Hamber, Why didn't he post it for himself ???

19. I like to go back and reverse edit some of my hidden gems ... with pictures of titties. Just to let y'all know there's treasures in parts of the ole HAMB. Easter eggs !!! :)

Kinda' on topic for "stacked" spindles ... sorry, I'll head for the door.

Sancho, Budget36, partsdawg and 2 others like this.
  20. :rolleyes:

Ok where’s that search function !!!!!

CC91B000-83F7-4D17-B4B8-A5D683F2DC12.gif

kidcampbell71 and partsdawg like this.
  21. Waiting for a moderators reply...………...all I hear is crickets!

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Easter eggs... LOL

Butch, I think that if the design is within all reasonable parameters and the fabrication is excellent, there would never be a problem.

For the even older cars without ball joints... especially for those who don't want to go quite as high as some gassers... I could see custom uprights made from a single piece. The machining wouldn't be very complicated. And they'd be plenty strong.

Tell you what. I'll design and have some made for my Chrysler. After I get the car done I'll do a thorough driving test. I'll get back to you with the results.

If I don't get back with you, you'll know it didn't work out.

Sent from my VS835 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Sancho and VANDENPLAS like this.
  23. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

24. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

It got into argumentative/negative territory is my bet.

25. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I got rid of it, I don't have time to edit out politics and personal attacks, that shit kills perfectly good threads.

SDhotrod, Nostrebor, hrm2k and 6 others like this.
  26. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Paul likes this.
  27. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Won't (hopefully) be too long now!
    Sorry Butch.

28. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

I'll get ya some vanilla ice cream to go along with the milk toast ....blaaaaah

firstinsteele likes this.
  29. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

brigrat reached out to me in a PM; he knows my interest in Tri-Five Chevrolet's. He also knows I do not post photos, do links, and whatever else "computer related", as I already spend enough time online. If I had that knowledge, I'd never get offline. Thing is, I was an X-Ray/CAT Scan Tech for 32 years, and a CAT Scanner is basically just a big computer, and I was really good at it. "Editor" Paul says he "got rid of it", and supplied his reasoning; so I have the answer I needed, and I'm fine with that. Thanks fellow HAMBERS. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

30. Bmac40Ply

Bmac40Ply

Too many cry babies on here lately. Maybe you should have asked for pictures of a red car or something.

blowby likes this.