Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration How many vehicles have you owned since you started driving?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rmorris, Jul 31, 2019.

1. rmorris

rmorris

It is time to pay insurance payment on my vehicles. It may be time to thin the herd. It got me thinking of how many cars, trucks, and motorcycles I have owned and insured in the 50 + years since getting my license at 16. I am at 40 and counting. My buddy is at 70 with his list tucked away in the top drawer of his Snap On Tool Box. He has Pictures of most of them. So it gets me wondering, are we Normal? How many have you owned since you started driving. ??? And can you list them. Do you have Pictures of them.

dana barlow likes this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel

54. Most of them are listed on my fabulous web page.

edit: I mean, 63. Several aren't on that list....

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    dana barlow and rmorris like this.
  3. Over 200 when I stopped counting 30 years ago. If I had half of them now, I'd be a multi-millionaire.

HunterYJ and deucemac like this.
  4. Ive owned somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 vehicles. Many where low dollar auction purchases or freebees that went to the crusher. We have titled and driven a few hundred.

rmorris likes this.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

I do not keep track but, have to admit that everyone responding above beats my list - guess the guy with the most cars wins (?)

6. X-cpe

X-cpe

The guy with the most cars still dies.

7. I'm at around 600+

8. 89, not done yet.

lothiandon1940 and rmorris like this.
  9. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

30 cars, 8 bikes.
    Jeez Louise, compared to you guys I'm a real slouch !

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I've had over 200 but at one time when I was married to my first wife I had nine cars licensed and insured, her and I were the only drivers.

Old wolf likes this.
  11. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Several hundred.

12. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Only one of the several hundred was new. I bought that one when I was 18. Learned that I hated car payments with that one. Most of the several hundred were broken when I got them. Cheaper to buy broken ones, more fun too.

Old wolf likes this.
  13. Slackdaddy

Slackdaddy
    from Maryland

Lost count, but 60-70?
    Funny thing was back in the day when the VIN was only on the dash, I had 3-4 68-70 Javelins, had 1 title and insured,, just swapped the dash around to what ever one was running :)

14. topher5150

topher5150

8 that includes all regular cars my hot rod project and my parts car

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

There are some plan Jane's I'd not count, used up as just get-a-rounds,or the ones I built for others,,but 5 before getting a wife I like all of,only one I still have from then,. 18 station wagons as tow cars for more then that of racecars.

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Legally possessed probably 100+
    Actually owned and driven for any length of time 32 to 35 as I had a few real forgettable daily drivers about 25 years ago.
    Had a 63 Impala rag top that I stuck the 350 out of my 48 in when . had the 48 torn down to have a driver. Drove it for a few months and someone wanted it a lot more than I did minus the engine so I pulled the engine and sold it and put the engine in a 72 Chevelle that My wife drove for a year or two.
    Had a 57 Starchief 2 door ) ardtop that was the faded original green with green interior but didn't have an engine that I had traded for, Die straight and nice glass and interior. Wife said it was ugly and pushed me to sell it so I did and then she had a fit over the same car when she saw it and the guy who bought it had painted it jet black with a red spear just like I was going to. My buddy tells her "that is that green car you made him sell back-----". had a 48 Chevy coupe that I ended up trading for a 55 Chevy 2 door post (BelAir) Had guys drive 50 miles to look at it and then have a fit because it didn't have an engine when the add clearly stated no engine no interior. Guys I got it from were planning on making a gasser out of it. Traded it to Phil Lovejoy for something to drive and he finally sold it to someone. Had 3 different 67/72 Chevy short boxes go though my hands and never got to drive one of them. One didn't make it home as a guy offered me way more than I thought it was worth when my buddy and I were towing it home and stopped for gas and Pepsi. We dropped it off at his house and that was that.

rmorris and dana barlow like this.
  17. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

between 150 and 200. some were just parts cars . will add about 60 more in 20 years if i keep my pace.

18. 1ton

1ton

Do the ones that I bought and sold without transferring the title to my name count? It don't matter anyway, I didn't keep track. I once sold 22 cars or trucks in a month because that was easier than moving them to my new place. Only kept three, a 72 chevelle 402 bb, th400, posi, convertible with a/c. A 56 chevy two door hardtop with 396 bb, four speed and a 67 chevy k20 longbed. Have none of those now but have probably bought and sold 20 to 25 since.

Old wolf likes this.
  19. The37Kid

The37Kid

I did start a list, must be over 50 with a half dozen motorcycles, Registered is another story maybe 10-12. Bob

20. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Over 500. Helps when you buy in bulk. Bought nineteen ‘55 Chevy’s at one time,11 Studebakers, etc.

21. 1500+ with titles... lets not get into with out title...

When I lived in Lake Havasewer AZ. I had cars spread out between AZ/CA/NV Then came time to move here where I am now most went to scrap yards and a few hundred went to other people, Probably lost track of a few hundred. There are several wish I could have kept but it is what it is.

Old wolf likes this.
  22. ...just bought 3 more this week, so now I'm well over 300 counting parts cars, etc....one thing on my bucket list was to break 300...98% of these were HAMB friendly,...don't much like "new" cars..

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Old wolf likes this.
  23. Deuces

Deuces

Probably around 30 cars... I bought 5 new ones since '88....

24. 327Eric

327Eric

I cant remember anymore. somewhere north of 300.

25. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I'm surprised how many have kept count of how many they have owned! I'm wondering if I can remember all of them. Some have also listed their motorcycles, so should we count ATV's, snowmobiles and race cars?

26. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

27. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

28. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I`m not quite 50 and I`m at 11. Which also includes my wife`s as well. And that includes the 4 I had before I turned 21. Add 4 more if you includes the 2 kid`s cars. Still got the first one. Then there the 1/4 of a car I have as well.