Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SOLD the newer Buick wagon , now looking for a new project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jul 28, 2019.

1. A guy drove past where I work and saw my Buick wagon and made me a good offer on it. Now I am looking for a OLDER station wagon project or older car{50s, 60s} I only have about $3500. I know it will be hard to find one at that price but I put some $$$$ back for transporation. Please keep your eyes open for me and thanks. Bruce.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Latigo, 51 BIRD, Thor1 and 9 others like this.
  2. Great news Bruce! Just don't be in any hurry. Money doesn't go bad. In fact it will grow. You have all of us HAMB'ers looking for you. For 3 or 4 k we will find you a driver. It may need a little T.L.C. But that's where the FUN begins. JUST DON'T SETTLE FOR A NEWER PIECE OF JUNK!!! 65 and up! Lol Ron....

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. How about a 51 Ford Sedan? I found one a couple of weeks ago at a customers Farm in very very good shape. No dings no scratches he says he drove it into the barn and left it. All parts are there very little rust if any at all

Bruce Fischer and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Woo hoo! Congrats Bruce, I know a part of you will miss the other wag, but Let the fun begin!:D

5. There is a 1954 Ford Sunliner on St.Louis Craigslist list for $4250. It looks really solid with nice paint. Sorry I can’t post a link, I’m doing good to know how to work the computer to get on the H.A.M.B.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Of course I'll keep an eyeball out. A good deal is worth a road trip.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

8. sunbeam

sunbeam

9. That rambler is neat

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  10. Slopok

Slopok

That Sunliner is neater than any station wagon, except for a Nomad!

11. Bruce, this 1965 Ford Falcon wagon is about 1,000 more than you want to spend but he may come down, looks pretty good and it's in Stone Mountain , Georgia.

It has a 1995 5.0 with a elderbrock intake & carburetor & C-4 transmission. HRP

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/398892794048917/
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]1965

12. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Ramblers are funky cool, but I'd bet hard to find parts for. The one in AL has a bad transmission which would be pricey to fix or replace. The glasstop Ford looks decent in the pics, but no interior or engine pics. You wonder what's under that new(er) paint on it.

I like that Falcon! Wouldn't mind having a set of those wire wheels on my car.

13. sunbeam

sunbeam

not sunliner skyliner but Bruce wants a wagon

14. sunbeam

sunbeam

The transmission in the 63 is the same as a ford cruseomatic for the most part AMC pretty much out sourced there automatics.

15. Place a want to buy will pay up to $xxxx. in your local craigslist and on facebook marketplace. Will not cost a penny and might pay off?

16. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not as many out here on Craigslist since they started charging 5 bucks for car ads. I'm seeing some car ads now being posted in the parts section. Nevertheless will keep my eyes open. Thanks to you I ended up buying a '54 Ranch Wagon that I found on Craigslist while looking for a long roof for you.

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amazing how many people don't understand that Bruce wants an OLDER WAGON.
    Check Facebook Marketplace as more folks are advertising cars there now that Craigslist started charging to post cars.

18. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

He does say "or older car" in this thread, Yeah, think he is wanting a wagon but willing to compromise if its a good deal.
    He must be out looking today since he hasnt chimed back in yet:D

chryslerfan55 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  19. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

20. Naw he aint out looking. He is likely like the rest of us old farts sleeping on the couch or in the recliner while his wife is out spending money.

21. Thanks for correcting me, Sunliner is a convertible?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. Gman0046

Gman0046

Bruce, seen quite a few decent projects lately. The next one I see in your price range I will send you the particulars.

Gary

23. flatford39

flatford39

He said he had a $3,500.00 budget to work with.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  24. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Bruce, tell us how far you're willing to travel from TN. No sense us looking/posting leads for you if it's way out of range. Try to shoot for HAMB era so you can share the build here!

25. Got ya Ron.I was looking at a 67 dodge station wagon aventure on line, it runs and yard drives but it 2 hours from me. Thanks.Bruce.

26. 49 Ford Coupe, Thanks but I am really looking for a station wagon. I aint no spring chicken any more {I will be 66 on Wed} so this might be my last chance to get a station wagon. Bruce.

27. How about sponsoring a vintage race car build in upstate New York? I happen to know a guy.;):D

28. Yea Low Budget and I just got the A.C. working on it. LOL. Bruce.

29. Slopok, I didn't know the sun liner was a station wagon.Bruce.

Atwater Mike and chryslerfan55 like this.