Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 mercury, help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by L50 Merc, Jul 15, 2019.

1. L50 Merc

L50 Merc

Hi all. My father was restoring a 50 mercury2dr mint green and stoppedabout 15 years ago. I trying to figure out what to do with it He did 80% of the body, recovered the seats, got engine redone but after getting the wiring harness got stuck there. It has been sitting in the garage in sections and I’m trying to figure out whether to sell as a whole or in pieces or find someone to finish for him(doubtful we can afford this). Ideas, suggestions? We are inWv.

2. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

Honestly, it is only your and his decision. How are we supposed to help?

Pist-n-Broke likes this.
  3. You have posted in the wrong section and to confirm what Casey said the decision to sell is up to you and your dad, I will say if the car is a project your bot going to get top dollar. HRP

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I moved this to the main board....

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

you face a dilemma that many do. a car that has been given love and attention but, for various reasons sits with inattention. as stated only you, and other family members, can make the final determination as to where to go now. if you do not have the wherewithal to complete the project maybe there is someone else in the family, or a friend of your Dad's, can take it to completion. if the decision is made to sell it best to find and inventory and photograph everything that has been accumulated for this car. once that is done place an ad here in the classified section stating that it is a project. it will be very difficult to put a price on all of it. do not expect anyone to pay a high price for it. but, at least you will be freed of the burden of having this car only falling into more disrepair. hope that you can do what must be done, no matter what is decided.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  6. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Best price....
    Car in one piece With A Title!
    Engine in rigged up to crank and run.
    Clean it up, cleanup the background around it. Nothing turns me off like a dirty car with junk on it, in it and garbage around it. Parts neatly placed in it is OK.
    Make it where it can be retrieved in one piece. An out of state buyer is not going to make 5 trips.
    A local buyer may not give the best price.
    If you decide to sell, make it look it's best.

flatford39 and Jalopy Joker like this.
  7. 19Fordy

19Fordy

F-one offers best advice, especially if you don't have the funds to finish it.
    And, if you do finish it and then decide to sell it, you will loose money.

flatford39 likes this.
  8. Do you want the car
    Do you just need help to get past the wiring and can finish after that

What do you think it’s worth
    Do you think you will regret selling it

Are you baiting us for a sale

9. goldmountain

goldmountain

If it is completely taken apart, It's a whole lot harder to sell.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Not to me
    I would rather buy one like that. I’m gonna take it apart anyway

But the price has to reflect taken apart

INVISIBLEKID likes this.
  11. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Are you close to Parkersburg or Point Pleasant? Do you have the title for the car?

12. Slopok

Slopok

Either way, if you decide to sell it there will be buyers. You have one of the most sought after car there is!:cool:

13. What does your dad want,do you/him have any car friends that are able to help?Do you have a husband or boyfriend able to help?And post some pictures.Sounds like a nice Merc.

14. Restoring any car then selling it and making money is made up story's. If your Dad had this Merc for long he probably has friends that know about it. Ask them how to move past the road block. We like helping friends out. If it's just in the way and means nothing ( I couldn't imagine that) then just sell it as is. Next owner will have there own ideas of how things should be done. You won't have any problems selling it.