Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Old Race Cars Never Die

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paul, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Paul

Paul
    Editor

stumbled on this cruising youtube

2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bet ya can't drive that on the freeways in Wisconsin. :eek: Pretty cool

Thor1 and J. A. Miller like this.
  3. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

4. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

That goes on my Top Ten List. :cool:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Charlie Chops 1940 likes this.

5. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Now this make me want to register our Land Speed Roadster,, there is a number on the frame,,,,

Paul likes this.
  6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

It's cool that he drives it but I would be fucking TERRIFIED that someone would run into me... did you notice that not only are there no lic plates but no brake lights, or turn signals??? people don't pay enough attention while they drive the way it is.... let alone no brake lights....

Stogy, 61Cruiser, OFT and 2 others like this.
  7. Easy peasy here in Sodak ;)

8. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

There is an article about this car in the July, 2018 issue of Hot Rod.

What really hits home for me is that the last driver mentioned as trying to put the car in the show at Indy was Billy Earl who was a long time friend of mine.

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  9. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Best thing I have seen in a long long time. Thankyou.
    Geoff aka whodaky

10. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Yes,For me it would need lights an at lest some nerf bars all around
    . But really scary, is him telling us it hunts=its not line up right,setting are wrong{ lucky he at lest knows enough to know it feels wrong,most don't { just think it's the way it should be. And maybe he too thinks that. Well for sure can be adjusted too drive way better,hell just a set of tire would help some{what is on it are crap! It's cool anyway !!

11. the shadow

the shadow

12. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

It's probably hunting because of the bias tires on the silly (I cleaned that one up) grooved streets. After a few years I learned not to grip the wheel so hard – let it find its way.

61Cruiser likes this.
  13. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

What he said,, Chick's hot rod has bias all around and it hunts on the freeway

61Cruiser likes this.
  14. That is way cool!

15. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Strange what you can find on the internet.
    I was the first employee at B&G just after they went in business in 1952. They were the only cam grinding and automotive balancing show in town at the time. John Bianchi was in grade school then.
    The company was recently bought by H-E International, a holding company.
    Contrary to the H-E website, the company was NOT started by John Bianchi.
    The company was started by Bill Fennell and Gail Gaskill, hence B&G. The original name was B&G Machine and Welding and started out in a gas station lube room on Airport Way. A year later moved to a 20 x 40 ft. building across the street from the present location. Bill Fennell lasted one year and was replaced by Ralph Kirkwood.

Later in that video, it shows Marshall Woolery's shop. I have been there many times and he works on some of the neatest old race cars in existence.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  16. belair

belair

Beautiful car. The grille, the colors, the graphics are wonderful to look at. It has unity as all the parts come together.

Stogy and 61Cruiser like this.
  17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

a true historic beauty - when much younger, friend had a modified '29 roadster that he bought & hid without telling his parents - we would take it out at night, sometimes lights worked , good scary fun - lucky never stopped by Cops or in a wreck

Stogy likes this.
  18. 61Cruiser

61Cruiser

Damn! That’s an awesome story. Gave me goosebumps.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. Desmodromic

Desmodromic

Awesome transportation!

The little red car seemed like the "odd man out" in the car collection shown near the beginning of the video. Then, when I saw the Owner's name, it all became clear! Bianchi is the oldest bicycle manufacturer in the world (c1897), and has been building motorcycles over a similar time frame. In the fifties, the Bianchi factory started a joint venture with Fiat, and marketed a car based on the current Fiat 500 platform and mechanicals (rear mounted 2 cylinder air-cooled engine). Car was called the Bianchi Bianchina.

Stogy likes this.
  20. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

It sure is fun to drive on the track and the streets.

kidcampbell71, Stogy and cactus1 like this.
  21. Fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

22. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My youngest son lives in Seattle and I have been out there a few times to visit him. Let me apologize in advance to the fine folks in Seattle, but your traffic sucks and there seems to be a higher density of nitwit drivers there than some other places I've traveled.

I say all that because there is absolutely no way that I would drive that car out there in rush hour traffic. It looks like it would be a blast to drive, but I would be scared to death to get rear ended by some soccer mom who was texting on her cell phone or some hipster cutting me off in his Prius.:eek:o_O:confused:

And yes I do know that soccer moms and hipsters are everywhere and not just in the great northwest...we have 'em here too.:):rolleyes:

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for that cool story, video and survivor @Paul...that must be a blast...

Paul likes this.