Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods If it was a snake I would have been bit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had acquired a replacement tag bracket about a year ago that will properly fit the oversized original 1932 South Carolina license plate and par for the course I procrastinate about replacing the one on the car that I fabricated from two pieces of metal,

It has been laying on the folding table that has now turned into a catch all like every other flat surface in the shop and I decided Saturday morning that today is the day, so I turned on the air to cool the shop down and proceeded to look for the bracket, like normal it's not where I thought it was, I looked for it for about a hour and did some cleaning up in the process, the shop is cleaner but no sign of the tag bracket.

Screw it I'll do something else.

Yesterday afternoon (Sunday) I was telling the Boss Lady about not being able to find the part and even drew her a crude picture of what it looks like, she told me I remember seeing it,so I follow her out to the shop and she walks over to the folding table, looks in a cardboard box that has some odds & ends Deuce parts, including some tail lights and arms and she ask me is the part your looking for black and I said Yes,

" Is this it"?

"Yes, where did you find it"?

"In this box"

"I looked in that same darn box several times on Saturday"

She smiled and said "the gremlins brought it back".

I swear, I had the cataracts removed, I have 20/20 vision now and I'm still blind! HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. 1ton

1ton

It's like going to the fridge to look for the mayo, actually moving it aside and you still can't find it.

X-cpe, kbgreen, Tim and 7 others like this.
  3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Old Murphy ('s) (law)

will not only cause you problems but apparently he likes to play tricks as well .

j3harleys, Deuces and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. pumpman

pumpman

The harder I look the less I see. Glad I'm not the only one.

5. I've recently gotten to the age, that I started playing this same game with my reading glasses. They are either perched on my head or hanging from my shirt collar 97% of the time...

6. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

Funny this should come up. Any more when I can't find something I just go ask my wife to find it for me....and she does.
    I learned to keep my glasses on a cord around my neck....otherwise I wouldn't be able to find my wife to find them for me:rolleyes:

hotrodharry2, Hombre, Hnstray and 2 others like this.
  7. I think Brenda had it all the time!:eek: They (wives) just want us to need them.o_O Just a thought!:p

8. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

She's on the swing outside.

9. The mirror image of me! Still looking for some 32 pieces that have gone "poof".

j3harleys and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  10. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

The corollary is walking into another room and forgetting the reason you went there.

11. Ain't that the truth! :rolleyes: HRP

12. j3harleys, catdad49 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Heck, I've been looking for my cell phone before.......only to realize it was in my hand. ;)

Hombre, j3harleys and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  14. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have found that the only way to find the tool/part/other item is to go buy a new one. When you get back you can put it right next to the one that you replaced.

15. spanners

spanners

As my mother would say, "only a man would look without opening his eyes".

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

I am putting a 35 ford pickup together from parts accumulated (mostly)over the years. I had two marine switches on the shelf three weeks ago. Set them over to side so I could find them. Still looking and I almost have the truck wired. I have 1800 square feet of ford scrap and I trip over it all day, but when I need it, I end up looking for two days then find three of what I needed. I keep finding stuff I forgot I had. Then I forget where I put it.
    My theory of cleaning up is to bolt the parts on a car. I also have a big peg board and try to put small parts on it so I can see them.
    It keeps me out of the pool halls. I know about good habits, but don’t expect to change at 72.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Sounds to me like your wife is actually interested in YOU and YOUR HOBBIES, is around enough, and is beyond the point of just going for rides in the cars. And that alone tells me you have a keeper there!!!!! My wife is everything to me, and I'd be a total mess without her, even though she sees my hobby as just a bunch of old stuff, parts, and cars. Just please, don't ask me to chose between the two of them, but if I had to, she'd be really rich. You see, I made a deal with her when we first got married 32 some years ago, that if she did't "complain" about my hobby, the cars, the parts, and everything else about it when I bought the stuff, and then when I sell anything, she would get the proceeds. She has made out pretty darn well, many many times, on some of my "sales", sometimes to the tune of thousands of dollars. Course I don't see any of it directly, but I still have her! I'll never get rid of her. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

X-cpe and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  18. Luke stone

Luke stone

I do this all the time usually with markers or goggles it has been known for the marker to be behind my ear and goggles on my head
    Luke

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. BJR

BJR

When I move the Mayo while looking for the Mayo, I find the lost TV tuner.:eek::p:D

20. I can remember where I put an object 7 years or more ago, but sometimes I get the idea that I will move something to a more logical place. Bad thing to do. I have lost things, and torn the shop apart looking for them, for periods of up to two years.
    I don't dare ask my wife, or I get the "lecture", so I struggle with my shame in solitude.
    Bob

21. Butch, Brenda and I have been married 47 years and she enjoyed the old cars as much as I do, I couldn't ask for a better partner, she loves her Wagon.

She doesn't help in the garage unless I ask for help, If I'm in the shop when she comes home she always sticks her head in the door and ask if I need anything, I am fortunate to have a wife that loves me and my cars. HRP

22. 4ever18

4ever18

In the words of Bill Clinton, “I feel your pain”.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I know where everything is in my house,garage and shop. Until I decide to get organized then nothing is where it should be.

Sandgroper and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  24. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

This is timely.
    Saturday I was going to go to the local cars and coffee. I slid into the '57 and reached into my pocket for the keys. Couldn't find them in any pocket. Got out of the car and went into the house and retraced my steps. No keys ! I started the slow simmer and that grew into almost a boil over. They were gone. Then the wife came and give me the keys and I asked her where she found them. As she walked away she just said: "in the ignition".

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always thought that was how shops got cleaned up. The putting things where they actually belong while looking for what you can't find.
    I admittedly have way more stuff than I have organized storage space for. and that is a part of the problem.
    Funny thing is that I never have a hard time finding a 5/8 wrench. Those refuse to walk off and must be capable of making their way back to the end wrench drawer.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL! The wife says men can't find anything below their peckers! I dropped a screw from the bezel on one of my fog lights when changing the bulb out in the driveway. I saw it fall, bounce off my foot, and then disappear. I spend 45 minutes with a flashlight down on my hands and knees before giving up and going in for the night. Go out the next morning and resume my search. No dice. Can't find it. The wife comes out to see what I am doing so I tell her what happened. She bends down picks up the screw and says is this it! Arrrghh! I have good vision and only use magnifiers to read up close. No glasses otherwise. She has cataracts! Go figure!!:confused:

dirty old man and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  27. Don't feel bad, I am looking for a large chainsaw that I have misplaced! That should help somebody else feel better.
    Bob

dirty old man and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  28. ken bogren

ken bogren

These stories hit close to home, it's the same at our house.

I think women have a built in "MOD" (Missing Object Detector).

Sky Six and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  29. Back in June when we were getting ready to go to our downtown Fathers day car show, I went out in the shop and was going to back the wagon out of the shop but the key wasn't in the ignition, I always leave the key in the car and I have a kill switch hidden so I never worry about the key.

I was frantically looking for the key and Brenda came out with the ice chest and ask what;s wrong, I told her the key is missing, that's when she said she had taken the key out when we went on the All Deuce Run, something just told her not to leave the key in the ignition.

OK, where is it?

It's hanging on the hook with the keys for the Shasta Camper.

I go back in the house and the camper keys are there but I don't see the wagon keys.

She walks in and looks at the hook and all that is there is the camper keys.

Long story short after more than a hour she found the keys = In her pocket book. HRP

ffr1222k likes this.
  30. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

My wife says - you would lose your balls if they weren’t in a bag! She is right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.