Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Happy 4th of July - what's your plans?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 3, 2019.

1. I'll likely spend time trying to keep Ollie (my border collie, not the Golden in my avatar) sane. He HATES storms and fireworks, BIG time. My guess is at some point I'll end up loading him into the Jeep and heading out to nowhere in particular, the Wrangler seems to be one of the very few places he feels safe when things start rumbling. He's already been dosed with doggy Prozac and Xanax this evening, need to get him chillin' before the noise hits or he powers right through the drugs. When we got him (as a rescue) I was against the drugs. Not anymore. Trust me, it's better for everyone involved.

If the weather's clear and no one is trying to blow stuff up, I hope to get back at it on my project car. Time will tell how it all works out.

Lil32, ladyhrp, 3W JOHN and 5 others like this.
  2. badgascoupe

badgascoupe

Gonna be hanging with my dog, loud noise's,thunder freak him out.His issues and my ptsd pretty much keep celebrations to a min.

3. Working on and then driving the cars........with some fireworks jammed in there.

4. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

IMG_2602.JPG Celebrating the Lovely Miss Lynda's (my wife) birthday at our daughter's house with a pool party and some grilling. May take in the local fire works show to wrap up the evening.

Lil32, ladyhrp, 3W JOHN and 4 others like this.
  5. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Staying home. Grilling a lot of stuff. Eating a lot of stuff. Make dry ice bombs. Make MRE bombs. Watch fireworks shows from my back yard while eating ice cream sundaes with friends and family.

6. I plan on staying home, watching a movie or two and avoid getting hurt (blown to pieces that is).

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Remembering why we celebrate the 4th.

Attached Files:

Grandadeo, Lil32, cavman and 7 others like this.
  8. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Probably turn some wrenches on the cars, grill some burgers and then head to the local dirt track for the races and fireworks show afterward.

9. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In the words of John Adams July 3rd 1776 in regards to the holiday;
    "I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shows, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more."
    I'm gonna do that, and play golf with Mrs Bandit. God bless the USA and my HAMB buddies.

10. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Long may it wave! :)
    83F08FDF-ED72-4AA2-8093-6F6A3CD1FA4E.jpeg

Lil32, ladyhrp, olscrounger and 6 others like this.
  11. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

The worst day for driving is the day before or day after the 4th of July. The roads are usually so thick with travelers going to the beach for camp outs and BBQs, as well as getting those ringside seats for the evening fireworks specials. One year, we visited some friends in the OC for the holiday. Their show started and ended early. We left around 2 pm thinking that families are already at their chosen destinations. Boy, were we lucky, the freeways looked like 1962 and it was free flowing, even around the dreaded "big bend" on the I-5. The fireworks...ahhh, the standard "whohoo!"

Since this city started early, the standard 30 minute show ended early. On the way home, the only exception to the roads being crowded was towards the end the local fireworks shows. We hit the road for home and the freeways were absolutely empty, again, as most were still at their fireworks locations. We actually got to see three different shows along the freeway in South OC. This is how freeways should be daily. (Smooth, fast, no traffic and colorful.) Plus, the occasional weirdo that shoots fireworks from the secluded part of the long ocean shoreline drive.

The theme is red, white and blue. This year, there were many photo ops for filling out the theme. My wife’s favorite (and soon, maybe a possible purchase of this wagon trailer set up. )

Jnaki

For now, she is happy with that 1/64 version.

upload_2019-7-4_3-50-52.png
    The red, white and blue theme:
    upload_2019-7-4_3-51-54.png Behind the fence is probably one of the best seats in the house for the fireworks festivities. In the days gone by, the 4th festivities were filled with memories and views of 5-7 different festivities' locations and shows. The big one across the canyon and the others in the nearby cities.

This is the 51st family 4th of July celebration, including plenty of old memories.

12. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Long may it wave. This was our first flag, and it should be flown very proudly!

13. arincee

arincee

Going to a car show. What else?

14. Deuces

Deuces

Happy 4th y'all.... Take it easy and enjoy!... :cool::)

15. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

[​IMG]

As a member of the oldest continuously operating municipal band in the US, I’ll be on stage tonight, playing a selection of modern and traditional songs to entertain the crowd while they wait, and while the experts launch a seriously large load of explosives overhead.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. Wish Lynda a Happy Birthday from Brenda & I.

Yes sir! HRP

17. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Got up this morning ready for the 4 of July car show/bbq/fireworks but it's raining and I'm goning to wait it out.

18. Never made it to Big Al's.:( Too Hot, Too Lazy. Stayed on the porch this morning with Bella and Barb. Happy 4th and God bless our service Men and Woman. IMG_5239 (2).JPG

Lil32, badgascoupe, ladyhrp and 5 others like this.
  19. Not exactly how I thought the day was going to turn out, the rain showed up earlier than predicted. :( HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    Lil32, Deuces, ladyhrp and 3 others like this.
  20. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

We Will Be Washing Fords...Burning Steaks..Consuming Rocky Mountain Koolaid...Again... DSCN2304.JPG

47ragtop, Lil32, jnaki and 8 others like this.
  21. Worked on the hot rod a little bit this morning....visiting with my sister this afternoon...quiet day in the hood today...

we like quiet...

MikeC

badgascoupe, Deuces, ladyhrp and 3 others like this.
  22. I didn't get very far before the thunder rolled in and the little guy came down to tell me playtime was over, the end is near!

[​IMG]

He was trembling not long after that was taken, he's gone through his "I'm gonna trash this place!" routine and is now hiding in a bathroom. And that's WITH the drugs...

Lil32, badgascoupe, Deuces and 5 others like this.
  23. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Watching Jean Shepherd's "Great American 4th Of July, and Other Disasters", on YouTube.
    A yearly tradition! Then the city's fireworks from the back porch.
    KK
    By the way, the fireworks were great! Added 7/5

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  24. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

My daughter has a dog like that. She has a thunder coat she puts on him

25. Happy 4th everyone. I'm watch'en the doppler radar right now. Our town is having a July the 4th celebration with a car show, food, pony rides, bounce house, and lots of other fun stuff for the kids. Than Fireworks, at the end. I'm meeting the kids and grandkids there. Have a blessed and safe 4th everyone. I'll be watching the fireworks at D. C. on Fox news later tonight. ;) Ron.... 20170421_102333.jpg

Lil32, jnaki, ladyhrp and 3 others like this.
  26. David,what instrument do you play? HRP

27. Ron,What's the story on the enclosed roadster? HRP

28. Two words: Dick Flint.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces, ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  29. Danny, I took the kids and grandkids to Washington D.C. to the museums. 20170421_102426.jpg 20170421_102351.jpg And the Mc Gee roadster just happen to be on the Mall at the same time.:rolleyes: Lol Ron...

47ragtop, KoolKat-57, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  30. Now that's CLASS! :), I'm amazed that the car is on display there, only in America. HRP