Register now to get rid of these ads!

HOT ROD LEATHER - Vintage Inspired Parts

Discussion in 'The H.A.M.B. O'Dex' started by hoof22, Aug 10, 2011.

1. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

At Hot Rod Leather, we offer a large selection of vintage inspired Hot Rod & Custom parts accessories, apparel & decor. Most everything we sell is hand crafted in house, using the finest leathers & hardware. All our stuff is available exclusively through our website at http://www.hotrodleather.com/
    We are a HAMB approved vendor, and offer a special discount to HAMB ALLIANCE members, so contact us for details!

We have the largest selection of Hood Straps on the PLANET!

We make Door Check Straps, Door Pulls, Vintage Style Registration Holders and Custom Dash Switches & Lights!

We make Shop Aprons, Tool Rolls (now in 3 sizes!) & The Finest Kneeling Pads In The World!

We also have a large selection of Upholstery Leathers!

We welcome Custom Work, from Tank Straps to Spring Gators to Tool Box Hold Downs!

Come see us at: http://www.hotrodleather.com/
    Or Email me at: [email protected]

Hot Rod Leather grew up here on the HAMB-Without your support, ideas & encouragement, Hot Rod Leather wouldn't exist! THANK YOU HAMBERS! Long Live The H.A.M.B.!

Eric

Attached Files:

catdad49 likes this.
  2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Big happiness here in Palookaville from Eric's handy work... extremely talented and exceptional workmanship.
    Eric is a master..and his work is fantastic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

catdad49 likes this.
  4. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

great to deal with----5 star service

5. I love my registration holders. Thanks Eric!

6. Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

Bought some switches and lights. Fast Shipping, and the quality is Top-Notch. Give Eric a call, you'll be glad you did.

7. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

Here's some new "MAN CAVE/CLUB HOUSE-COOL HOT ROD STUFF" stuff I just did. They're genuine leather pillows with images of Vintage Rods & Customs. And, aside from being cool, they're comfortable, too!
    I can even imprint a picture of YOUR HOT ROD OR CUSTOM on a leather pillow if you want, or I could do your Car Club Logo! Or, how about some Hot Pinup Girls?...lots of possibilities!

Attached Files:

8. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

Here's something special I make just for those of you lucky enough to own a DEUCE...DEUCE STYLE HOOD STRAPS!

These are installed using all the stock parts already present - there's no drilling holes, no adding brackets, nothing else to buy...these hood straps use the stock hinge pin (rod) on top, and the stock lower spring loaded latches.

Now, DEUCE owners can run a full hood when you want, and just the hood top when you want...it's almost like having TWO DEUCES! Available in 5 standard finishes, and almost any color by special order. They're $199.00 plus shipping, available here:
    http://www.hotrodleather.com/index.php/exterior/hood-straps/deuce-style-hood-straps.html

Check out some pictures:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Come see us at: http://www.hotrodleather.com/
    Or Email me at: [email protected]

Thank you HAMBers!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    catdad49 likes this.
  9. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

HOT ROD LEATHER just set up a deal with one of the largest distributors of upholstery leathers in North America, and we now offer well over 175+ incredible colors & styles of upholstery leathers, all at discount prices!

Whatever you're looking for, from clean, bright PURE WHITE, to distressed, beat-up BOMBER JACKET BROWN, we've got you covered! Contact us, and we will supply you with swatches of upholstery leathers, in any color or style you can dream of, FREE OF CHARGE!

AND, as always, ALLIANCE MEMBERS GET A DISCOUNT!

http://www.hotrodleather.com/index.php/

We don't have the colors listed on the website just yet, but contact me direct, and I'll send you sample swatches of top quality, automotive upholstery leathers in a rainbow of colors & styles!

[​IMG]

Thanks!

Eric
    hoof22

10. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

Just a quick announcement to let you all know, IT'S BACK! 50 YEAR OLD BLACK! The most popular Hood Strap leather we have ever had, is NOW AVAILABLE AGAIN! It's been gone for several years now, but no longer! We've got a new source, and it's every bit as nice as it used to be...maybe even a little bit BETTER! That's the original 50 Year Old Black in the picture below. I'll upload a picture of the new batch when I get a chance, but it looks EXACTLY the same!
    So if you dig that old, worn, 50 year old patina look, check out our new, old "50 YEAR OLD BLACK" Hood Strap Leather! Now available at Hot Rod Leather.
    And, as always, ALLIANCE MEMBERS get a discount!
    [​IMG]

scottrodz likes this.
  11. scottrodz

scottrodz

Just got my Battery strap in the 'new' 50 year old leather and it looks AMAZING (as usual from Eric). It is slightly different from the 'old' 50 year old leather which my tank straps are made from, but they still look great together, so do not be worried about the difference or how it will look if trying to match existing straps. Thanks Eric.

12. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

BLACK DISTRESSED BLACK and 50 Y O BLACK.jpg Just for comparison, here's a photo of BLACK STRAP LEATHER...NOBODY has the selection, or quality we offer!
    50 YEAR OLD BLACK - Left side
    DISTRESSED BLACK - Middle
    BLACK - Right side

LONG LIVE THE HAMB!

Eric
    Hoof22

13. Hotrodzdave

Hotrodzdave

Thanks Eric for the great hood straps and service they fit and look great!!!!! IMG_1520.JPG IMG_1540.JPG IMG_1520.JPG IMG_1540.JPG IMG_1540.JPG

catdad49 and hans mercman like this.
  14. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

Nice installation, and THANK YOU for the kind post and the great pics, Dave! I appreciate it a lot!

Dave had me make him a set of custom "Hot Rod Red Leather", Shorty Style Hood Straps...and if you look closely, you can see we added a REALLY COOL feature that we can add to most of our hood strap styles! It's called the "Easy Off" strap. It has a hidden buckle that allows the lower straps to be removed completely, leaving behind only the lower mounting loop, so you can remove the hood top, and the lower strap, and run topless in just a about 5 minutes! You can also use this feature if you want to run hood sides occasionally, and don't want to unscrew everything. Just use the hinge pin to mount the top strap, and mount the lower mounting loop and the lower strap with our "Easy Off" feature "inboard" of the hood sides...It makes it real easy to remove the straps completely, and put the sides back on!
    Attached are a few pics showing the details of this cool feature. It's not set up to be ordered online at the website yet, so email or call me if you'd like more info on this versatile set up!
    Easy Off 1C.jpg Easy Off 3C.jpg Easy Off 2C.jpg

Long Live The HAMB!!

Eric
    Hot Rod Leather

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    catdad49 and hans mercman like this.
  15. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Eric was really great to deal with! He really takes care of his customers and makes sure you get what you ask for. I had him make a set of shorty Brown Hood Straps for my 1931 Model A Roadster.
    As soon as I get them installed on the car, I'll post a pic of how great his quality of work is! And he was fast!

Trebor0012 and Jeff Norwell like this.
  16. dmdeaton

dmdeaton

I just ordered hood straps to go along with my registration holders, and I added a ignition switch. Cool stuff, I think a tool roll is in my future.

17. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

~APOLOGIES & EXPLANATIONS~

I was in the middle of several projects and custom strap projects adjustments and trying to get some refunds processed, when I was hospitalized AGAIN, twice, this time for almost a month. As a result, I have been unable to do anything for at least the past month, and likely will be out of commission for about another month.

I truly apologize for any inconvenience, and will do my best to get caught up and get you guys taken care of!! Other than a small SS check, this is my only source of income, so I am working hard to get back into production! I AM getting better, it will just take some time... I figure I should continue to improve and hopefully will be back at it in another month or two. In the meantime, all I can do is beg for your patience!

Thank you all so much for your patience, prayers, well wishes and remarkable support!

LONG LIVE THE HAMB!

PM me if you are waiting for your project of need Specific info

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  18. Mike Mac

Mike Mac

No apologies needed, just get better.
    Mike

19. dmdeaton

dmdeaton

What Mike said, just get better. That's all you need to worry about.

20. Greg47

Greg47

Hope you continue to heal. Thanks for the wonderful job on the 32 straps. Will be in touch when your back up and running for another set of straps for the 34 pickup. Get Well.

21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Eric has passed... Rest Easy Eric.... PEACE.

22. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn. Another good one lost. I was just going through some stuff this past weekend and ran across a bunch of his stickers and business cards from when he made some incredible fuel tank straps for the Murray. He was fantastic to work with and just a super good dude!

RIP

Here's what he made for me. Maybe everyone can showcase his work in his honor.

[​IMG]

flatheadpete and Jeff Norwell like this.