Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What Kind of Scheduling Is This?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by '34 Terraplane, Jun 30, 2019.

1. '34 Terraplane

'34 Terraplane
    from Western PA

Goodguys 22nd PPG Nationals
    July 12-14, 2019

...these two large events are scheduled for the same weekend ...one in Columbus OH, the other in Norwalk OH an hour and 1/2 apart. Make sense to anyone?

57c54d88-6c44-4413-b53d-987e24dd30d3.png

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Sounds like the way Good Guys and NSRA were in TN last month. Same weekend, less than 200 miles away from each other. Doesn't make sense, it hurts both of them.

chryslerfan55 and 40ragtopdown like this.
  3. TikiTyme55

TikiTyme55

All I know is Goodguys has been the same weekend for 20 years.

Sent from my SM-A600P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. butch27

butch27

Some that I know are going to Norwalk this year..

40ragtopdown likes this.

5. '34 Terraplane

'34 Terraplane
    from Western PA

AGREE !!!

6. aaggie

aaggie

There are only so many venues available to support the size of events and only so many weekends. Take your pick, make your plans and enjoy it.

chryslerfan55 and firstinsteele like this.
  7. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Ain’t it great to have two options.

firstinsteele likes this.
  8. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

None of the organizations pay any attention to events that are close on the same day anymore. They all have their own agenda and that’s all that they see

9. Corporate greed.

OLDSMAN likes this.
  10. fake news! how is that in any way corporate greed? more like they lose money competing.

chryslerfan55 and lurker mick like this.
  11. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Yes they loose money, but their intentions to make more money. Their heads are in their asses!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  12. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

I have been to every one of both of these events. You have to wonder why in the hell they would schedule them on the same weekend. I know there are only so many weekends in a summer. I am already pre registered for Blue Suede $20 entry and free friday barbecue nostalgia drag racing all weekend and no charge fun runs for partapants I guess I am going to save a lot of money that weekend. Oh yeah and $1 a pound ice cream all weekend.

13. Ted, I feel that it is corporate greed, because there will be only 1 winner. You have seen this before, buy your competition's business, then phase it out. The management of these organizations only care about the bottom line. I used to belong to NSRA starting in 1972,, and the Good-guys organization also.. Now I belong to neither. I remember many years ago, when I still lived in Connecticut, there were 5 car shows, / auto flea markets on the same day. I went to 2 of them. At one event I was asked, why I didn't set up there as a flea market vendor. I informed the event organizer that Connecticut was a small state, and the 5 events on the same day hurt each other, as you would only get a percentage of the people who might have gone to more than 1 event if they did not have conflicting dates. Eventually we formed the Connecticut Council of Car Clubs to co0ordinate events for every-ones benefit. That didn't last long because no one wanted to change the dates that they had used in the past. Well, the 5 events are a bad memory, they are all gone. Look what happens when The Ford V-8 club has their meet in Massachusetts the same day
    as The Connecticut Street Rod meet The CSRA met takes a beating, but the V-8 meet keeps going. I personally know of many lower New England enthusiasts go to the V-8 meet. I travel from the Carlisle area of Pennsylvania to go to the V-8 meet. When I lived in Manchester, Connecticut, about 35 miles from Lake Compounce, I would drive 85 miles to go to the V-8 meet.

14. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Here in Nebraska we have what is called the Nebraska Rod & Custom Association. I was one of the founders of that organization, it was started to try and alleviate problems with too many things on the same date. They started their own events, I left NRCA shortly after, so now they are just another car club. Very sad now they are compounding the problem

15. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Both are 3 day events, correct?
    Spend Friday at one and Saturday at the other.

16. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Kind of like a McDonald's on every street corner?

17. Road Racer

Road Racer

The vintage race guys here in CA did that for years, no events for months, then two on same weekend or back to back weekends. Guess what happened, killed car counts at all of the events, lost money for track rental, etc. There are only so many cars to go around.

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No matter who is putting on an event it really makes you wonder the motives when another outfit switches theiBop r event to the same weeked rater than keep it a week before as it appears they had done for years. That lets both events draw folks who would hit both on a road trip. Hit one then you have a few days to hit some interesting spots that may or may not be car related and roll into the other event the next weekend. That used to be what a lot of the Canadians from BC and Alberta did with the Vintiques run in Yakima and Hot August Nights in Reno the next weekend. down to Yakima on Thursday spend the weekend at the run and usually the wives shopped then have three or four days to get to Reno for Hot August nights without being rushed. Then Reno moved their event to the same weekend and a lot of regulars had to choose one or the other.