Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Corvette hot rods - picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Jan 1, 2011.

1. loudbang

loudbang

2. loudbang

loudbang

I tell you what it's hard to post while trying to watch BIKINI TV on the fashion channel (sometimes it pays to channel surf LOL)

hot7.JPG

3. els

els

GREAT THREAD. I JUST FOUND THIS THREAD TODAY. SOME GREAT MEMORIES. I HAVE A COOL ARIZONA CAR I AM KEEPING IT REAL. I HAD IT IN TUCSON LAST YEAR. I HOPE SOME OLD TIMERS CAN REMEMBER THIS CAR. IMG_20170505_150302643.jpg

4. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

Like to see more pictures of the above car and information, very cool.

jp

5. loudbang

loudbang

I THINK there is a thread on the HAMB or at least a couple posts about this car. wouldn't know how you would search. Maybe @jimdillon will know

6. loudbang

loudbang

7. I forgot all about this thread. The "What's With the Corvette Guys" thread made me think about it.:)
    This one has probably been posted before but It's one of my favorites. Seen it run many times on the East coast.
    tt.jpg iuOTKRGZNL.jpg
    I believe the second one is it's current set up. Could be wrong though.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  8. rumblegutz

rumblegutz

The "Rank on Vette owners" thread made me think about it."

Is this a thread?

chryslerfan55, els and loudbang like this.
  9. I shouldn't of used quotes. It's basically a thread on why Corvette owners don't wave back. It became a rank on Corvette owners. Basically in jest, at least on my part.
    I believe the correct title is "What's With the Corvette Guys". I fixed it.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  10. rumblegutz

rumblegutz

1. Still can't find it.

2. By rank do you mean rant?

chryslerfan55 and els like this.
  11. See above. I fixed it and explained the wording.

chryslerfan55, els and loudbang like this.
  12. jimdillon

jimdillon

LB regarding Els 62 I sadly don't have a clue. There were hundreds of cool old drag Vettes that have and will forever be forgotten. As I research these cars I find even event winners that are forgotten. Els can hope that someone finally notices it and chimes in with some history. Cool car nevertheless.

As to the Corvette wave thread I purposely did not chime in. The thread is silly and a waste of bandwidth. In every club and car circle there are good and bad. I have been associated with drag Corvettes since the mid 60s and am passionate about them. I am not passionate about other Vette styles (stock and customs) although I can appreciate them for what they represent-they are cool in their own right. I am certainly not passionate about resto mods but I may be in the minority. I try to wave to everyone with hotrods and most old Vettes. Many of the newer Vette owners don't have a clue what my 62s are for the most part. They like their car and I like mine. When I belonged to the Classic Car club of America, Southern California and Michigan I found some of the members to be insufferable. A friend who is into hot rods and Porsche recently quit the Porsche club he belonged to as the members seemed a bit off kilter in his opinion. Life goes on.

13. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

Jim you always have the ability to put something elegantly but to the point, glad you are on our side.
    But I do find it funny when some goes out of there way to mock someone or car and I think what a prize this person must be to actually to report how offended they were, like maybe someone is having bad day give them a break.
    In the pits I get many folks come up and ask about my car, I always try to be courteous and helpful, but when I have had a long hard hot day at the track my mannerisms may not be the best.
    I do get a lot of kids that like the car and come with there parents to check it out, I let them sit in it, work the shifter, put them in the harness and put the window net up, they smile from ear to ear and the parents are real happy and take pictures.
    jp

14. loudbang

loudbang

15. els

els

Thanx for thread update. I know it was raced in Arizona. I bought if from Bill Naublock. Joe Faulkner drove it. I rebuilt the frame. freshened up the motor. put a 5 speed Doug Nash transmission it. It still has the 6.50 gear in the back. Bill has passed away, but when it is at the track, old timers come to me and tell me stories about the car. I do need to do more research on the car. But it is a fun car to drive.

16. els

els

I will post more pics of the car.

17. els

els

THANX FOR LOOKING UP THE CORVETTE RACE CARS. GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN, I JUST GOT BACK TO THE H.A.M.B. LAST WEEK, AND YOUR THREAD IS WELL SAID.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and enloe like this.
  18. Sorry for the digression. Just being honest on how I found this thread again. I am not a fan of those type of threads either and try to inject a little humor to lighten it up. Didn’t intend to stir up anything, I figured incorrectly that everyone had seen it. Back to the cool pictures.

els, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  19. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I wonder if this is at Road America.

20. loudbang

loudbang

21. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

That's sweet.
    jp

els, enloe, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  22. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

23. loudbang

loudbang

24. Every time I face the reality of me never owning a midyear coupe I look at this thread and get my hopes up again.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  25. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well I have been wasting time on the internet today and found some stuff. some may be reposts I don't know. pd5rj41XeO1qa7ed6o1_1280.jpg pd2iumZ2bx1qcdxvpo1_1280.jpg pd2lgzDzT61qcdxvpo1_540.jpg p55b8kFktN1qcdxvpo1_1280.jpg pdi6fqPBI81qa7ed6o1_1280.jpg peuifdH6xG1qa7ed6o1_1280.jpg

26. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

28. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.