Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RUMBLERS Rumble in the Country # 16 photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ct1932ford, Jun 29, 2019.

1. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow great bunch of pics! Thanks for posting! Perfect to cruise thru with Sun AM coffee!

loudbang and ct1932ford like this.
  2. Good Morning! I am feeling better now, after a good nights sleep. Did it rain?:confused: Weather Men.:rolleyes:
    A couple of shots I missed. IMG_5133.JPG IMG_5087.JPG IMG_5077.JPG IMG_5193.JPG IMG_5218.JPG IMG_5071.JPG IMG_5093.JPG

catdad49, tb33anda3rd, slug and 2 others like this.
  3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, CT...
    Great shots of some excellent excellent cars!

Thanks for taking us there and for the Sunday morning stroll among the hot rods and customs.

Sent from my VS835 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

ct1932ford and loudbang like this.
  4. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Great pictures. Thanks

6. [​IMG]

Mark, the owner of this pickup should have gotten you to do the lettering on his side boards, it appears the artist can't spell and the owned is oblivious. :rolleyes: HRP

loudbang and tb33anda3rd like this.
  7. j3harleys

j3harleys

Looks like you may have wore out your trigger finger:D Thanks Mark.

8. Neat stuff, thanks.

9. First time I remembering seeing this truck. Older gentleman (and that's coming from me) owned it. I do not have a side shot , but the cab seemed to sit too low. The grill was higher than the cowl and the hood was tilted back. Never got to talk with him. It was curious. Anyone know this guy? I never criticize anyone for their spelling! :rolleyes:

loudbang likes this.
  10. No way, just keeping it limber in case I really need it! ;)

j3harleys and loudbang like this.
  11. I have never professed to be a expert at spelling but after my long association with sign painters and selling thousands of one shot products when I was in business I was asked to critique what the sign painter was planing to do on a regular basis.

I dealt with about 12 sign painters from the area and I watched a local character painting a sign directly across the street from my shop, he was up and down the ladder and painting Anderson Armored Car, the weather was dismal and cold but wasn't raining.

Roy had already had Anderson Ar the last time I looked out the front window of my shop when a customer came in and I got busy, the next time I looked out he had Anderson Arrmored Ca.

I hollered across the street and said, "Hey Roy, you spelled armored wrong", Roy had a extensive vocabulary of foul mouthed words and he climbed down, looked up and used a majority of them.

He went back up the ladder and painted out the misspelling, he then came across the street and showed me the piece of paper and I told him he had one too many "R"s in armored and he left and I suppose went to lunch.

No more than a few hours had pasted I saw Roy on the ladder, and he had Anderson Arrmo, I hollered again, and again he started cussing, I got him stopped before he went to far, the third time was the charm

Roy was a fantastic artist, sign painted and a Korean was veteran, he was also known to keep a bottle in his truck.

The point behind the dribble is the sign painter needs to know how to spell or at the very least have a dictionary to insure he makes the customer happy. HRP

catdad49 and ct1932ford like this.
  12. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

this is Freddy Luck. He has been stripping for years. I'm pretty sure his sense of humor is in there

13. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Thanks Much!!

14. Thanks for posting Mark. I am sorry I missed it.

15. Lou kriger

Lou kriger

That 57 Olds is Killer.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

16. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

17. Mark, thanks for the photos. Glad you were able to get to the event and share it with us.

Phil

18. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Can somebody explain to me what is going on with that flathead intake? Is that a starter up there?

19. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

looks like a generator.

20. swifty

swifty

Thanks for the pics Mark.
    I recognised the venue as Corey and I went there in 2017 with Ron and Laura for the Plainville Stadium Reunion.

21. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

This is one of the reasons I love the HAMB, cools pics from places I don't have to visit. A car show on my couch! Thanks.

ct1932ford, j3harleys and loudbang like this.
  22. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Spelling is correct. It was built by a fellow in Italy, I think th least name began with a M. Anyway, after he was done hanging around his family moved to New England and brought the truck with them.

23. hudson48

hudson48

:rolleyes:Had to do it. 2n's needed here!! planning

24. loudbang

loudbang

I Think I have seen old ADs for that it is some kind of old supercharger maybe even electric.

Inked Monkey and ct1932ford like this.
  25. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

Thanks Mark, Great photos and a ton of them. If you don't do this for a living you should, nice work.

26. That is a starter!

loudbang likes this.
  27. Mark, by any chance was the primered 1932 Ford 3-window coupe, with the 4-71 set up, Charlie Broadbent's ( R.I.P. ) car that was sold after his passing ?

28. Sorry Nick, I do not know. Maybe someone on here will chime in. Mark

loudbang likes this.
  29. Thanks, no I don't do this for a living. I do this because it keeps me living!;)

loudbang and tb33anda3rd like this.
  30. catdad49

catdad49

Mark, the great number of neat hot rods in your area amazes me. Thanks for trying to capture them All!

ct1932ford likes this.