Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2019 Yay-Hoo Cup...May God help us all

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Russco, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Okay Fellas, so You may have already read in the HAMB Drags registration thread that @porknbeaner cant make the Drags this year and since he is the honorary master of the Yay-Hoo Cup he requested someone fill in for him this year. Since I’m a perpetual loser of the Cup contest , I’ve volunteered to do it, with some help from a few others. I’ll try not to screw it up too bad, but I make no guarantees. What I would like is somewhat of a roll call and just for fun post a picture of your car you plan on entering. It’ll help me place a car to the name if I’m not familiar with you already. You don’t have to post it here but it will help me get better prepared and know about how many to expect. We’re hoping for a good turn out this year.
    If you don’t know about the cup here is how it works. The Yay-Hoo Cup is awarded to the car that signed up for the Cup with the lowest ET of the day that has actually driven 150 miles minimum to get to the drags. You get your picture taken and your name goes on the Cup but it stays with the Cup Master (Porknbeaner) That’s about it. There is no fee to register. You just have to be registered for the HAMB Drags and drive the car you are gonna race 150 miles or more to the races and of course sign up to run for the cup. I will have a registration sign up in the parking lot at the LaQuinta on Friday for a time but it won’t be all night and at the track before the racing starts on Saturday. If you want to un-officially register here you can but you’ll still need to check in before the races to make it official. All entrants will get a free decal too. I’m probably forgetting something, but for now this will get the ball rolling. If you don’t know me look for my Blue ‘40 coupe with the bikes strapped onto the back, and my Tan canopy at the track. I’m usually about the 330 foot mark or so on the pit side each year I’ll try to get set up there again this year too. If anything changes I’ll post it up here. I’ll start off with my ‘40 coupe and I’m driving 400 miles each way.
    F66B5F4D-1976-4A99-B3F4-34E5D5C79EAF.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    Deadbird, BigO, Nick32vic and 16 others like this.
  2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Battle of the 40 coupes. Mine should run about a 13.99 @ 115 or so with a 3.5 60ft. The whole trip all included is about 2500 miles.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

BigO, RustyDogg, King ford and 20 others like this.
  3. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

13.99 huh? Why do I feel like I’m being hustled? I did run a 3.something 60’ once at the Meltdown drags, I’m usually about 2.2. I hope Eric brings his ‘40 again this year too.

Stogy, lothiandon1940, D-Russ and 3 others like this.
  4. WELL! Those speeds let me out:(. Have fun, guys and gals.

Ben

loudbang likes this.

5. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

6. alchemy

alchemy

7. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Don’t count yourself out because of that. Everyone gets a cool sticker just for registering. I register every year knowing I’m not gonna have a chance either, but I’ve got a cool sticker collection on my quarter window. Seriously it’s cool to just be a part of. If you drive your car there to race it, that’s cool in itself and deserves recognition just for having the guts to do that, sign up for the cup. 878AF3D0-F12C-41CA-8769-E086326931DC.jpeg

8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I’m grabbing the cup this afternoon. I’ll keep it safe on my mantle and pretend I own s fast car for the summer lol

9. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Awesome! So if you can get it to @Rocky or @Jermo I think we’re in business! BTW send my best to Beano and tell him I’ll try my best to be his substitute, but ain’t no way my hair will ever grow that long by Aug

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I’ve already talked with rocky. We are good to go. I’ll grab the tire that Beaner has leaned on the table that says “yahoo cup” on it but I doubt rocky will have room for it in that hot rod of his so I’d plan on a banner or something with TALL letters you can read 30 ft away and 6 beers in lol

11. raven

raven

Count me in (I think). [​IMG]

I’m finding it hard to focus on preparing the roadster for this year’s assault but I know JHO wants a grudge match so that he can miss a shift in spectacular fashion.

r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

kidcampbell71, Stogy, Malcolm and 5 others like this.
  12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

13. Holy shit! Thassa big ol' sucker! I'll figure out some way to fit it in even if the decklid doesn't shut all the way. 34atstsorage.jpg

14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Could lay it down in the trunk side to side or sit it on the passenger side foot well.

We’ll figure it out

Russco and loudbang like this.
  15. Thanks, Russco. It has some other problems, H.A.M.B. wise. OT fuel system. But I LIKE it.

Ben

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  16. Good luck to all. I plan on being there to race but not for the cup. I had my turn. The cup has cool history behind it. Racing for the cup should be on every street racers bucket list.

97, Ron Funkhouser, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  17. jho

jho
    from Omaha

I'm hoping to be under 20 seconds

Attached Files:

King ford, slv63, 51box and 11 others like this.
  18. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I’m just bumping this back up. C’mon fellas if you’re gonna drive you cars 150miles or more there and race them, then please sign up. Help keep this deal going.

19. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Well I'll be the slowest but I'll sign up. Driving from North Kansas City in this.

20190707_124359.jpg

20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I think they are still having a Flathead class so maybe you’ll have some competition for slowest.

Make @flatout51 drive the roadster down, ya gotta be faster than that guy right? ;)

chryslerfan55, Stogy, Russco and 2 others like this.
  21. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

He is! Yeah flathead class must be driven to track. I want a grudge match with @flatout51

22. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No fire breathing Model A this year????? Are you scared of my '40 coupe or something??

-Abone.

23. raven

raven

Yes JHO!
    We want thunder!
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  24. 13.99 @ 115 does not compute ....

Chucky, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  25. flatout51

flatout51

26. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The little motor makes pretty good power, but has shitty traction. She is moving pretty well out the back, but sucking hind tit out of the hole. Gonna be fun though.

See you there?

-Abone.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  27. Really?! I thought you were sand bagging. ;) At 115 I'd expect your ET to be in the 12s.
    My best pass ever in my Vicky was 14.08 @96 mph with 700-16 Firestone Deluxe Champions. I haven't run it with the slicks yet, but I hope to break into the 13s. One of these days I'll get out to the HAMB drags, and run for the cup!:)

28. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The engine says 12s, but the tires say 13.9s.

-Abone.

29. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am not participating but this sure is a great place to see some of the Hambs finest...What a bunch of cool Hotrods and people...Hey have fun, be safe and I look forward to the pics...;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.