Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs What's with the Corvette guys?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52HardTop, Jun 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G930T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

31hotrodguy likes this.
  2. There are only 3 Corvettes, 1953,54,55, all the rest you can have. Old fiberglass is worse than old metal it warps, cracks and doesn't like being mated to new repair panels. I think the Vette guys are embarrassed that they bought these cars for big dough, so they hide together. Just my opinion.

Crazy Steve likes this.
  3. Deuces

Deuces

I wouldn't mind a '67 L-88 coupe.....

4. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

I would love to own a old corvette, maybe someday—probably not. Seems like all old car owners wave when we are out driving around. Never corvette guys-so you got a corvette who gives a s@#t !!

Deuces likes this.
  5. I'd love to have a 56-60 Corvette some day. But don't worry, it won't change me at all ... I'm already an ass hole.

enloe, j3harleys, mr57 and 7 others like this.
  6. Latigo

Latigo

Some people are just dick heads no matter what they drive, ride or where they live. They’re just that way when they get up in the morning. Wave, make friends and enjoy. Life’s too short.

7. Seems there are CORVETTE GUYS and guys that own Corvettes. I'm a guy that owns a Corvette.

8. I would love to see your car pull up at the All Deuce Run. HRP

[​IMG]

Deuces, bowie and 31hotrodguy like this.
  9. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

I need one of these:

Jacket.jpg

So I don't get my HAMB T-shirt dirty when I'm laying on the ground at MoKan uncorking the headers of this:

20181023_181131.jpg

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Mr cheater, enloe, wraymen and 11 others like this.
  10. RmK57

RmK57

Something like this would be right up my alley and then bring it to an all Corvette show, to be judged of coarse.

58 vette.JPG

11. AZbent

AZbent

I recently spent a month out of town for training. One of the guys that went with me owns a corvette, but he is also a gearhead. He told me that on one of the corvette forums there is a whole thread about who you wave at, and the order of who waves first. A lot of time has been wasted on that thread.

12. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HRP : I’d love to, but I don’t think the old hag with her 4.11’s would make it that far!

13. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sometimes I discuss them with owners or passers by at Donut Delicks on Saturday morning. I look in every 64 and older to see if it has a Powerglide...To me that's the true rare Corvette. There is a perfect white 64 coupe with a 300HP 327, Factory AC, PG of course, PS, PB, AM-FM, and PW... the perfect one for me. NCRS gold sticker in the window too.. Only thing better would be a 250HP. Added feature is it's owned by a really nice guy..

Deuces and Blues4U like this.
  14. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I bet they even share Grey Poupon recipes:rolleyes:

lothiandon1940 and Deuces like this.
  15. Gman0046

Gman0046

Love the way Corvette Guys all park together with their hoods open polishing stock engines like it was something they built. Also not a fan of Powerglides regardless of the year manufactured.

scotty t likes this.
  16. thomas.parker197

thomas.parker197

When I drive my old 4 door 55 Belair around the south Houston burbs I get way more attention than I want. I have gotten honked at and waved at by plenty of guys in Corvette's both old and new. Guess they don't know any better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

17. wraymen likes this.
  18. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Yeah, if they were any good they would be used for drag racing.... oh, wait a minute. Never mind...... :D

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  19. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wouldn’t have any part of a club that would have me as a member! Some get it... some don’t!! Real Vettes have chrome bumpers, solid lifters, and 4 gears!!!

31hotrodguy and Deuces like this.
  20. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

and this one

greener200 and Deuces like this.
  21. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

That has more to do with ride American, unless it's a bunch of 1%er's they flip everybody off..

j3harleys likes this.
  22. I’m not a Corvette guy, but I would love to have the 63 Split Window Coupe that Dad had when I was born. He sold it about 4 years after I was born, but I do remember riding in it. 340 horse, four speed.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There are a few decent 'vette owners around, just regular car guys. The ones that don't wave can't, because they have one hand on the steering wheel and the other one is juggling their junk.

Deuces likes this.
  24. I’m on my fourth corvette, so that shows I like them enough. Three of them were upgraded and got rodded to extent of my budget and knowledge. The fourth one was bought with intention of doing the same but the more I looked the more stock and unmolested it was. I didn’t want to be the one who f@cked up a fifty year old numbers matching low mileage, clean, nice car. So I sold it! It was a cool car but stock numbers matching is not my thing.

31hotrodguy and rumblegutz like this.
  25. DaveH_RRTX

DaveH_RRTX

I've owned two Vettes, but I'm a gear head first and foremost. I sold off one of my Vettes in order to fund my '34 Dodge 5W Coupe project. I do all my own work and I do mean ALL, wrenching, body work, welding, and paint. When I participate in car talk my conversation is based on my experience, not something I saw on TV or read in a magazine.

Sorry, I have always called them Vettes and always will.

I love it when someone points or waves at me when I'm driving any of my old cars. I always smile and wave back. I always talk to anyone that approaches me at a gas station. When asked I'm glad to let someone sit in my car for few minutes. I always park with the car guys I usually run and hang with, mostly hot rods, but the occasional Vette and even other stuff. Most of us have a couple of old cars, which one we drive depends on the event or where we are in the old car drive rotation. One day I show up in the '34, another time it will be in the '75. Gotta drive them if you want them to work right.

I show up at car events wearing maybe a hot rod shirt and a Vette cap, or vice versa. I'm not into cults and my wife and I don't wear matching outfits of any type.

I tend to wander away from the folks and groups that only talk magazine or TV car buzzwords. I can quickly tell if your an asshat or someone who really knows cars and mechanics. I can listen for hours to someone describe the work and love they put into a project.

I like wrenching and I can respect a lot of different make engines,their engineers, and the technology available in that time.

For me, the least impressive guy person at any car show or car meet is the guy or gal that only purchased any of the late model muscle cars or Corvettes. Equally bad is the nerd that spent a wad buying a totally restored and modified hot rod from one of the many hot rod shops but has no idea how it was built, how it works, and how to maintain it. They never worked on cars and never will. All any of these guys did was spend money. They won't get much respect from me. It's the builder or fabricator that I really want to meet and talk to.

But I'll still wave at all of them if they wave at me.

scotty t likes this.
  26. philo426

philo426

I bet that white 58 vette with the chipped paint and fenderwell headers is loud as hell!So badass!

31hotrodguy likes this.
  27. deucendude

deucendude
    from norcal

Sounds like a bunch of old women talking.

scotty t likes this.
  28. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

thumbnail_IMG_6249.jpg Enloe-Vette-3.jpg gar1.jpg

Well I am the proud owner of this 66 that my dad bought in 76.
    We just got it back on the road. It hadn't been driven since 85. rear mags.jpg
    I also own this 61 wagon

I also have this 79 Shovelhead I have been riding since 98 Anybody who has seen me at a car show or anywhere will tell you I definitely don't think I am better than anybody else.

As far as Penis size goes let me just say.
    "Mine may not be big around, but it sure is short" :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2019
  29. 19Fordy

19Fordy

This thread is tired and worn out!

iwanaflattie and scotty t like this.
  30. Dasheot

Dasheot
    from Georgia

Spoken like a true corvette owner

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Thread Status: