Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest think Dad is out of luck with bad seller,In Davenport,Iowa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greener200, Jun 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greener200

greener200

Hello out there ,trying to help my 77 year old pop out .Heres the story ,My dad bought a 35 Ford grill ,site-unseen from a guy in Davenport,Iowa . He got his number from a guy in his "CLUB".Talked to him on the phone ,was told , , nice grill - can be re-chromed or painted. My dads, old school ,no computer,flip-phone ,no texting ,,,,you know , ,,,650.00 ,good enough for him
    . plus 75 to ship sounds too good to be true I told him ,nice grills are a grand or more , easy in my parts , ,, I OPENED the box when it arrived at the farm. Immediately I dont like the box ,grill is banging around inside. pull it out and its rusted/ rotted to death ,lumpy spot welds on numerous grill bars .some are rotted thin. A Real POS (_no even rat rod/wallhanger material ). .Dad Sent it back ,with a note . Not as described,please send me back what you think is fair ,,,I know you time and effort is worth something. That was January of this year , called him now an again ,nothing . Pops ready to drive to IOWA ! from
    south of Boston Ma , 776.00 total he is out . Maybe somebody out there knows the guy, and can hand the phone to him with my ol man on the line. I'm thinking he sees the 617 area code ,,,,,I don't know, ,figured I ,d throw it out there .thanks for listening.Mike P

2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

List the town in Iowa and the man's name. Maybe someone close by knows of him or can help.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Hope someone can help him.

4. thomas.parker197

thomas.parker197

It's easy enough to download an app and change your number so that he doesn't recognize it. That might at least get him on the phone.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. pitman

pitman

HAMB, fraternity far and wide.

cad-lasalle likes this.
  6. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

I’ve had to call in the Hamb Army on occasion. It works.

8. alchemy

alchemy

Name him

427 sleeper, pitman and ls1yj like this.
  9. I agree, call him out.

Sad when something like this happens, it make everybody Leary. HRP

427 sleeper and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Call him out, what’s he gonna do, sue?

427 sleeper likes this.
  11. I afraid your dad just learned a lesson from the school of hard knocks. He should have at least got pictures. He bought exactly what was shipped to him. He purchased a pig in a poke. and that is exactly what was sent to him.

bobss396 likes this.
  12. greener200

greener200

Well,,,In this day an age there's no excuse for site unseen ,,,,pop,, give him MY e-mail and send ME some pix ,,,, hello ,,,The back story is ,he was tryin to help out my younger brother who wiped out his grill in his own driveway by backing into it ! Name will be posted as soon as I get it ,what the heck ,,,Thankyou Gentlemen!

13. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

If he doesn't use a computer and no social media and all that crap, he doesn't know about how bad it is now. I can remember doing deals over the phone and most of the time things worked out, it used to be a mans word meant something.

14. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Just remember he is from the old way of doing things when you could do this and have no problems but its a shame how time has changed.

MO54Frank, Muttley and lurker mick like this.
  15. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been done wrong a time or two since the inter web became the new scam. Learned the hard way as well, feel for your pops. I have had locals help me make it right if you can get some info out about this tool I am sure some fellow enthusiast will jump in and lend a hand. This guys has done it to others and needs to be stoped

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

16. I also have had some deals from a scumbag in Iowa. If you see this guy run Forest run. Name is Steve Wymore
    crooked steve wymore.jpg

bobss396 and timwhit like this.
  17. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Paladin , is needed to settle this dispute . I would be pissed enough about you gettin stiffed , but your Dad gettin stiffed makes it 100x worse for me . Take advantage of me , let your Dad be , I can deal with trash , and dispose of it as needed .

18. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Name and address of the scumbag will do.

19. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aaahhhhhh... those were the days... I wish things were still that way. Sometimes I hate technology!

20. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Paladin, Paladin where do you roam???

Seriously, I hope everything gets squared up for your Pop's! Scumbags like this are a complete waste of fresh air!

21. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Photo of the grille? Not taking “his” side just interested to see how bad it is.

clem likes this.
  22. greener200

greener200

no photos ,I was too disgusted, Asked Pop for his name an address this morning,,,He said yea going to give him "one more try tomorrow,,,during business hours " Hes screwed you this long ,what's going to change ,I says , I will report this scumbags name and address as soon as possible . Thanks guys for the support

23. Contact the U.S. Postal Inspectors, sounds like it could be investigated as mail fraud.

deathrowdave likes this.
  24. greener200

greener200

BOBE,S AUTO , 1018 West 2cd Street ,Davenport ,IA .563-323-8791. Pop called today and got and answering machine,,,,nothing ,,,,,, My dad's name is Carl ,from Pembroke,Mass.He got the guy from an add in Hemmings Motor News ,I thought he got him from a club member . PM me if you get ahold of this douchbag. Thank You very much for any help ,Mike

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    bobss396 likes this.
  25. Moon50F3

Moon50F3

26. Andy

Andy

Looks like a really nice place.
    Google is your friend P1040202.JPG

27. Moon50F3

Moon50F3

Surprise, the FB link doesn’t work

28. 83Squarebody

83Squarebody
    from Arizona

Area code is not 100% indicator of where a person live. Especially with cells...

29. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Also report it to Hemmings. They really frown on that crap, and he will get listed in the scammer list.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. WOW!,..I've known Bobe for years, never knew him to be any kind of crook,..he's been around too long to still be in business doing anything like this;...are you sure it's Bobe?
    ...find that hard to believe,...how bout some pics of the grille?
    btw,...don't judge his stuff by one pic,..he knows his stuff and has lots of it.

tractorguy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.