Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Canada or Bust 2019

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by USMercUte, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

This just arrived in the mail!! Have been humming and hawing about still going with the coupe. I know don’t yell at me it shouldn’t even be a question. Someone tell me I’m stupid to not bring the coupe!
    IMG_9169.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  2. Lower Yakima Valley. We're just off I-82 between Yakima and the Tri-Cities

loudbang and Fitnessguy like this.
  3. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Earlier you mentioned the Vancouver traffic. They made Ferry access a little easier by completing Hwy 17. You leave the TransCan #1 just west of Langley and follow the signs, basically a straight shot to the Ferry terminal!

loudbang likes this.
  4. Guys, this is not that hard of a trip. In 2013 I gassed before leaving US. I was in Langley for several days with friends. Then drove to Vancouver airport to pick up wife on the way to ferry. Only gassed once while in Canada. After event took ferry to Washington. Easy and fun!

Phil

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Hamtown Al, USMercUte and loudbang like this.
  5. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Ya you’re right. We went to Vic last year so I took that route. Not the drive so much just the drivers! Ha no offence. We interior drivers are all perfect and super talented!

6. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Why wouldn’t you go with your coupe?

wackdaddy likes this.
  7. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

We are going. 2 from Vermont, 1 from Georgia, and one from Indiana. All meeting in Indiana and leaving from there. I also have an entry for sale, my grandson was planning on going but did not get his car done. PM me if interested.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just made my reservation for the ferry from Anacortes to Sidney. That leaves a 17 mile drive from Sidney to Victoria. If you are coming up I 5 or across the US that will be an option to crossing the border at Blaine and driving to the ferry dock in Vancouver or driving up the Olympic Peninsula and crossing at Port Angeles.
    Link = https://secureapps.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/reservations/vehicle/default.aspx

Stogy and USMercUte like this.
  9. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Because i like to make decisions difficult and stressful! ha ha Still shaking down the car to a certain extent with 600 miles on her so far. The Coquihalla highway is a pretty tall haul and likes to eat cars a lot so that sits in the back of the mind when the coupe isn't tried and true in my mind. Had a few brand new brand name parts already give up the ghost in this first 600 miles so i just take the cautious approach.

Stogy and USMercUte like this.
  10. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

I hear you, I only have 800 miles. But that’s the part I’m looking forward to the most, getting out on the road and proving the car.
    It’s 1000 miles each way for me. Can’t wait, I haven’t done a real, old style, taking my time, type of road trip in along time.
    Lots of worries in the back of my mind of what could go wrong, but that’s all part of the adventure, deal with it as it comes.

Hamtown Al, Stogy and USMercUte like this.
  11. wackdaddy

wackdaddy

C'mon ... I want to see that car! Screw the Coq ... come down on thru the Canyon. Much easier pace, lots of places to stop for ice cream!

I like your attitude! Wabi sabi:cool:

And if you need any mechanical support in the Fraser Valley ... stop by the Wack

Look forward to seeing both of these hot rods at DD

Fry and Stogy like this.
  12. John Stimac

John Stimac

Yes, I intend to go IMG_6692.JPG

Lil32, Hamtown Al, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  13. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Yep, go the canyon route. Less aggressive eat your bumper pricks. The hills aren't so long and boring. Where's home base?
    As far as Vancouver drivers go I agree but at least they don't have white with red characters for liscence plates! LOL

14. Hey!! Some of us can drive over here!!

15. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

You may be the only one! Ha ha ha ha

57 Fargo likes this.
  16. I grew up in Salmon Arm so I learned to drive there, maybe that’s why!

17. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Oh ya salmon arm has all the good twisty roads! Always loved the whole valley there. Armstrong Enderby, all great little towns! We take the kids to the IPE in Armstrong every year

18. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

I haven’t driven the canyon in forever. Soon as the Coq was built that was it. Driving down from Kamloops so it ain’t that long a haul.

19. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Did you say you’re heading out on Thursday or Friday? I’d make a stop in the wack to see an under construction coupe

20. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Ha ha very funny guys :p:D By the way our Alberta plates are white background with orange letters not red.
    And we can drive just fine !

Watch yourselves of we'll shut off the tap and your gas prices will go further through the roof. :D:D
    How much would you enjoy Deuce days then ? :D:D:D

USMercUte and 57 Fargo like this.
  21. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Which route do u Van boys like better from a traffic flow and congestion standpoint from Abbotsford to Tsawwassen. Hwy 1 onto 99 and in or 1 onto 17 and in? I have usually taken the 99 in and while it’s basically the same in distance, 17 looks like it’s a cleaner roll in?

22. Come visit Grande Prairie sometime Larry, you might change your mind!

Blue One and Fitnessguy like this.
  23. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Now who said anything about Alberta? "Thou dost protest too much I think!"

Blue One likes this.
  24. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

#1 to #17 is much cleaner. Don't know how you got on the #99 without leaving freeway route. However, if there is an accident it can be a real bugger on the #17 as there are long stretches without exit provisions. Just be careful of the type of plate ahead of, behind, and to the sides of you. (Fill in province of discrimination here!)

Blue One likes this.
  25. wackdaddy

wackdaddy

Heading over early thursday morning ... my way of beating the traffic. Sounds like we will be ahead of you. For sure you're welcome to stop by and look at the project anytime. Would like to pick your brain!

Fitnessguy likes this.
  26. wackdaddy

wackdaddy

17 is your most consistent option imo but exiting 1 @ 232nd and heading to the 99 is a bit more relaxed. Kinda like that Canyon over the Coq thing!

27. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

What time is your sailing?

28. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

For the non-local, which road is the canyon?

29. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

The canyon is good old Trans Can. Pass through Calgary, head towards Banff, keep going until you hit Kamloops. Then keep going west turn left at Cache Creek and you'll be travelling the canyon in no time. I find it way more relaxing and more interesting from my perspective.

Fry and wackdaddy like this.
  30. wackdaddy

wackdaddy

we sail at 7am Thursday