Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Well enough all ready

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Road Angels, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Road Angels

Road Angels

Ah yes the usual Speedway Complaint...bought some transverse spring mounts ...open them up and one is ground down and useless...sent them back at my expense... i get the $39 back but have to eat the $10 shipping...bought some calipers one is defective $22 to ship back...cheaper to get a kit and rebuild...got a moon type tank from them a big dent due to really bad packing, took a month to get a replacement...I had to send pictures of the tank and the box for them to go good on it...it is not so much the money as my time they wasted...and now the last one is a set of there split wish bones with crap welding...that will cost a fortune to send back...so I will re-weld them my self...they also blocked my parts review on there website...even through they where civil in there writing....a holes...I will just spend the money and buy better parts in the future. you would be wise to do the same

Deuces likes this.
  2. mohead1

mohead1

After Bill died it aint the same most of it chinese knock offs....damn shame it went to shit over the years

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

badvolvo and Deuces like this.
  3. I ordered a brand New Chinese carb for a 12.5 HP lawnmower yesterday. likely Chinese. My wife thinks its a waste of money? I suppose I will find out?

4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

GreenMonster48 and 56don like this.

5. carbking

carbking

Not a waste of money IF you do not put gas in it, and don't live in a state with perpetual high winds. It makes a cute paperweight ;)

Jon.

williebill likes this.
  6. The briggs runs, it was the victim of the stale gas syndrome. I cleaned the carb. however I couldn't get the brass tube unscrewed from the carb body. the screwdriver slots just stripped. and its not getting enough fuel. have to run with the choke partially closed. So for $18 and free shipping I am gambling that it will be better than what I have?

7. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Put one on my 10 horse Tecumseh generator, works perfectly. Never asked my wife about it.

firstinsteele likes this.
  8. I never asked my wife she volunteered her opinion. I seem to have problems when ordering stuff online and using the debit card. So I have Debbie order everything. And that request is met with a negative opinion. Once I had her order a set of Farmall gauges. they arrived. I opened them and She stated write on the box what they are. That way everyone will know what thay fit when they sell at your estate auction. She was wrong I used the water temp guage in my 55 chevy. The readings are cold -run & hot. Blue Green & red

9. I have installed 3 different eBay Chinese carbs on small engines. All 3 have worked fine. Most of the time, the rebuild kits cost more than the carb does. With the the old stuff I run, the throttle shaft bores are always worn out.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

egads and Old wolf like this.
  10. Muttley

Muttley

Nothing from China is worth a shit, even their food sucks. I only eat American food like pizza and tacos.

partsdawg, 60F250, Rckt98 and 4 others like this.