Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Thieves target the Power Tour

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Um, yeah they will.

In almost every case, discharging a firearm in a populated area, doubly so when your life is not in danger, is a serious crime.

If you don't understand over-penetration, you should not own any firearms.

If you miss, or over-penetrate, and harm, or kill someone, you WILL go to prison.

To the rest of the folks claiming that they would have no problem killing someone over property. If this is actually true of you, you are either a sociopath, or a psychopath.

Normal people don't ever recover from taking a life.

panhead_pete, OLSKOOL57 and belair like this.
  2. Deuces

Deuces

Didn't they used to hang cattle rustlers in the old days????.....

OLSKOOL57 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Scrubline

Scrubline

A couple cars got lifted at the GoodGuys show a while back, my T bucket has an anti-theft device built in.....nobody would want it.

Deuces likes this.
  4. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Right, the problem is the rising frustration by the public of law enforcement either not being allowed to do their job or negated by a revolving door criminal justice system.

The "social contract" theory of law enforcement is the concept that the citizenry stands down from vigilante actions in exchange for a dedicated professional cadre i.e. paid Police, to enforce the laws and keep the peace. When this arrangement breaks down as we're seeing now, it ain't pretty, history is very clear on this.

A big part of our legal system isn't actually about stopping crime per se, it's protecting criminals from the crime victims. That's why it's amusing, sort of, for the professional agitator class to advocate things like - I'm not making this up - getting rid of the police altogether.They have no clue what they are wishing for.

5. J D Coop

J D Coop

When I took my CCW training the instructor spend a lot of time explaining what could happen if we were to use a firearm against a bad actor even when you feel your life is in danger. None of it is good. You will be arrested and your firearm confiscated. You will need a lawyer. After you have been declared innocent and released, the bad guy can then sue you in civil court. You will need a different lawyer. If the person you shot is a minority you may be charged with a Federal hate crime. You will need a better lawyer. What's in your wallet?

6. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

From a legal perspective this is actually worse than trying to or actually killing the suspect. If you utilize a firearm only to try to keep a suspect from fleeing, or to threaten the use to facilitate compliance, what you've implicitly stated is that you didn't think your life was in imminent harm, otherwise you would have actually shot the suspect himself. It can be legally justifiable to shoot someone if your life or the life of another is in imminent danger. This is why there should never be a "warning shot", either one feels their lift is in danger to the point you totally unload to stop the threat, or the weapon stays holstered. No in-between.

7. Gman0046

Gman0046

Glad Kentucky has Stand Your Ground and Castle Statutes. Also no more CCW permits are required for concealed carry.
    I also rember an incident at the Goodguys Indianapolis Adams Mark the Host Hotel about 20 years ago. Three shady looking individuals were sitting on the ground behind some bushes on the hotel property shooting dice and several bills were scattered around. As I was walking by one of them called to me and asked "if I was interested in some action". One guy then said "did you hear about the guy with the 37 Chevy who won $10,000.00 on a scratch off " not sure what that was supposed to mean. I quickly said "no thanks" and kept on walking. I often think of what would have happened if I had got involved with that group or if anyone else took them up on their sceme.

I went to a Walmart in Panama City Beach, Florida at about 2 PM not long after an elderly couple was found shot to death in their parking lot. Police thought the motive was armed robbery. As I was approaching my truck a guy about 100-150' away started yelling something while motioning me to come on over. As I routinely carry, I knew nothing good could come of this situation. I got in my truck and drove away.

In this day and age you have to be constantly aware of your surroundings. Lots of bad guys are looking to do you harm. Not too long ago two people were shot to death in a local Kroger Supermarket.

belair likes this.
  8. frank spittle

frank spittle

The answer to this is not to kill anyone for stealing your property. Just make him wish he was dead.

Deuces likes this.
  9. BJR

BJR

F-one we are among one very fine and brave man. Hats off to you and thank you for your service and bravery. There are some amazing people here on the Hamb, and you are one of them.

Deuces likes this.
  10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some of y'all are living in unnecessary fear.

You have a better chance of slipping, falling and dying in your shower, than dying of homicide.

If you chase death, you are likely to find it.

11. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Only takes once.......

OLSKOOL57 and Deuces like this.
  12. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Your additude is your best defense, if you look like a victim you probably will be one, if you project an air of confidence and awareness at all times you will probably be passed over for easier prey. I used to manage a Rent to own store in a major city that had the highest murder rate in the state, never had a problem. Had to deal with customers who had knives, guns even a sword. Don't be stupid, don't provoke, but come across as someone that is more likely to be able to protect himself than the next guy.

Hot Rods Ta Hell and Deuces like this.
  13. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

You are correct In your statement I believe, That Normal People Don’t Ever Recover From Taking A Life. Normal People Don’t Ever Recover From Seeing A Person Die Violently Either.

gimpyshotrods and nochop like this.
  14. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

thinking this thread needs closed. way of topic . not a gun website.

15. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Speaking as someone who has been shot, I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.