Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Happy Fathers Day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jetnow1, Jun 15, 2019.

1. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I lost my Father 2 years ago but was lucky enough to have him for over 60 years. Hope those of you who still have your father take the time to let them know how much they mean to you, and that all of you have a great Fathers Day.

2. To all the fathers out there. Have a great fathers day.

Oldioron, Stogy, dan31 and 5 others like this.
  3. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

It was 7 years on Thursday that my dad passed. I really miss not being able to get his advice on stuff. He could fix anything and was a wealth of knowledge. Spent the day with mom going to the cemetery to see him and we ended up going to see all her siblings resting places as she is the last of that generation still alive. It was a great day for both of us. Hope all the dad's have a great day and enjoy their family.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Oldioron, mad mikey, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  4. Lost my dad in '93,but did have many years of his knowledge.Yesterday my daughter brought son number 3 to the world,so a good grandfather's day also:D.Hope all have a good day.

Oldioron, mad mikey, Stogy and 3 others like this.

5. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads on here and my condolences to all those who no longer have their fathers.
    This weekend is a time to spend with your dad or to remember the great times you’ve had together if he is gone.

I’ll be heading to a bbq at my parents today and bringing along my two kids. We always drive the ‘54 Country Squire on Father’s Day.

Here’s me and the old guy at Pocono last summer, soon my boy will be coming with us. Hopefully I’ll have the same pic with three generations of Squire men in it.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Mc, Oldioron, mad mikey and 7 others like this.
  6. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Well I'm spending my father's day weekend at a boy scout camp with my eight year old grandson, he's been with me since before his second birthday. I'm walking around this camp in pain with no complaints, sometimes I wonder how I'm going to make the next activity but I do. I'm not dad or grandpa but papa but lately he says he wants to call me pa because one of his friends calls his dad pa, I said that would be nice. I know one old guy that's going to sleep very well tonight.
    Happy father's day from papa and his boy.:)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Dave Mc, mad mikey, Stogy and 13 others like this.
  7. Mixed emotions every Fathers Day, 20 years ago my dad died from cancer, the very same day one of our twin daughters was hit head on by a drunk driver, she was 8 months pregnant with her second child and it was touch and go for several weeks, she had a sever head trauma and multiple broken bones, she has difficulty's to this day, and they were worried about our unborn grandson.

Today is the eve of Fathers Day and we had a homecoming of sorts when that grandson came for a visit from college with his girlfriend and got to spend some time with us & his mother, We had the whole family here for dinner.

For me it was a great day & like ever year for the past 20 it was bittersweet, I miss my dad and couldn't have had a better childhood, we didn't have much but there was no lack of love for my sister & I. HRP

Dave Mc, Oldioron, mad mikey and 14 others like this.
  8. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

HRP, God Bless Your Family.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Oldioron, mad mikey, cpd682 and 3 others like this.
  9. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

happy padres day from this dad to you!

Oldioron, mad mikey, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  10. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

This will be the first Father's Day since my Dad passed last July 4th and also my Mother's birthday. Bitter sweet.....

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Dad passed away in 1983, he never got to see his 68th birthday, I'll turn 69 in December, but don't feel like I'm as old as my Dad was. Sure wish I'd asked him more questions about family history and life on a B-17 base in England during WWII. Still have his '31 Roadster, that hasn't seen the road in 36 years now, should get it going for the Grandkids. Enjoy the day, Happy Fathers Day!

Bob

Oldioron, Stogy, pitman and 3 others like this.
  12. southcross2631

southcross2631

My dad passed away a week before I went to Vietnam. I had to get a special compassionate extension so I could go his funeral. Then I got to Nam and they assigned me to mortuary detail. It was a dark time for me back then.
    Now I have between my kids and my wife's kids we have 9 kids , 17 grand kids, and 5 great grand kids. Spent yesterday at a cook out with some of them. Talked my oldest son and both of my grandsons baseball teams qualified for the state championship. So it looks like I will be traveling to watch some little league baseball next week.

Dave Mc, Oldioron, mad mikey and 6 others like this.
  13. Happy Father's day
    Thank you to my father Willard for sharing his 40 plus years of skill and knowledge.
    A man who never let me take short cuts, or got mad or yelled at me as he was teaching me.
    He taught me to do quality work on every job if it was a multi-thousand dollar racecar or just an old winter beater.

upload_2019-6-16_6-12-55.png upload_2019-6-16_6-16-13.png upload_2019-6-16_6-16-52.png upload_2019-6-16_6-11-29.png upload_2019-6-16_6-18-52.png upload_2019-6-16_6-19-18.png upload_2019-6-16_6-19-43.png

14. pnevells

pnevells

Happy Fathers Day to all, fellow HAMBers
    dad and josh cecil 2019.jpg

15. happy fathers day to all the dads out there.
    my dad and I . IMG_5534.JPG

Dave Mc, Oldioron, mad mikey and 8 others like this.
  16. Moon50F3

Moon50F3

I’m lucky enough to still have my dad. He wasn’t ever a real “car guy”, but he did tune-ups and repairs, and taught me the basics. He does still talk about his favorite, a 67 Coronet he bought new. And I can’t count how many times I’ve heard the story about a 57 Ford took to Earl (I’ll paint any car for $19.95) and they painted it white instead of black. They told him to come back in a month and they’d repaint, but he wrapped it around a tree before the month was up.
    Now my father in law was a car guy. He passed away 2 years ago. His last build, pictured below, is still in Moms garage. Sees the light of day a couple times a year. I think she’s thinking about selling it. RIP, Dad. Happy Fathers Day to mine, and to all the dads. IMG_1960.JPG

Deuces, Dave Mc, Oldioron and 4 others like this.
  17. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

My Dad passed in 2007. Miss him everyday. It was his hatred of cars that started me fixing them when I was 15. He was always mad during and after his time under the hood so I decided to not just be a helper but to do whatever was needed from start to finish. Anything to ease the frustration he had. We had a 2-car garage and the day my ‘66 GTO came home he pulled his car out and told me to take his spot inside. It resided there over 20 years while he parked outside. Still have the car and since he signed for it his name is still on the title! While he didn’t teach me much about cars he did show me how to treat and cherish my wife and how to work hard and lead by example. Happy Father’s Day. Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Deuces, Dave Mc, Oldioron and 3 others like this.
  18. Just watched my two daughters in a church play
    Days starting great !

19. not that one guy

not that one guy
    from So NV

20. Scrubline

Scrubline

Anybody can be a Dad, it takes someone special to be a Father. Have a memorable day, Fathers.

Deuces, mad mikey and Stogy like this.
  21. pitman

pitman

The old man gave me his spot in the family garage.
    Brought home from work my first elec. welder.
    Years later he drove my 31 coupe to work.
    Magnificent man he helped all. 56 years.

22. B1gDaddy

B1gDaddy
    from aladambama

IMG_0088.JPG IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0086.JPG I'm trying to plant the seed with mine, make those memories and moments every chance you get, they can fall back to those when they are older. Please do your part to keep the knowledge passed to the next generation

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    pitman, Deuces, AVater and 3 others like this.
  23. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

My dads been gone 30 years and miss him more now than ever. We did a lot of things together and I learned so much from him. My children have grown and I spend all the time I can with them on home projects, fixits etc just as my dad did with me in the hopes of bringing it forward for the next generation and hopefully they will keep it going forward for their children when the time comes.

pitman, Deuces and Stogy like this.
  24. adam401

adam401

Happy Father's Day to all. Thinking about my Dad today. He was the man that planted the car bug seed in me. Fond memories of welding cars up in the driveway together and all the lessons learned leaning over the fender of whatever pile of junk I dragged home. Hes been gone 8 years now I was fortunate that he took the time to show me so much. I'm more happy than sad today thinking about him and having a great day with my own beautiful kids and wife. Have a great day guys!

Deuces, AVater and Stogy like this.
  25. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Dad & his 17 T
    Dad & 17 T.jpg Dad and our Cousin Mike in front of Dad's Miniature Ten Wheeler
    Dad Mike.jpg
    Dad Helping me build my Shop
    DadzCold.jpg
    Dad's First Little Truck
    Dad's Truck Nov. 56 Rod & Custom.jpg
    Passed away in 2009, one week before his 87th Birthday. miss him every day , so many times he could've answered a question that I should've asked when he was still here . ♥

tb33anda3rd and pitman like this.
  26. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    For all of the Father's Day celebrations we have had, this one was fun. It wasn't the standard sit down dinner, the fancy restaurant dinner, or even a gathering of a bunch of family fathers...(my brother,me and our dad) Those were all fun and important for our family's history. But, as we were fathers, there were other responsibilities that needed our attention. Sometimes they all collided and one had to accept the family happenings to make 5 families all work together on this weekend.

It was remembering my dad in photos, writing a story about him and then going to see a new celebration of life with three generations of our family. My wife and I , our son/wife and of course, watching the third generation granddaughter perform in a classical ballet recital, and some nice modern jazz dancing formats to some cool tunes. That was a different way to celebrate as proudly as possible. When our granddaughter was on stage, we all beamed with pride. She even said later that she could see us several rows back from the stage with smiles on our faces and loudly clapping with happiness.

That was a very cool Father's Day celebration. With what is left of our old/new families and all having a great time.

Jnaki
    No, despite all of the hot rod, car influences and discussions, my son, his wife, and granddaughter are still not car influenced or hot rod people. So, the line stops here. Driving with them is a challenge and I always offer my driving to keep things flowing smoothly. My wife sees the same thing when we are all together. But, we would not have it any other way. They are the next gen of our family, so it is all good. I did offer to teach our granddaughter behind the wheel driving lessons in the next few years. Her parents are nowhere near ready to teach driving and patience for the next generation.

Happy Father's Day, belated, as we were quite busy yesterday.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  27. Ted, you guys look more like brothers than father & son. HRP

28. we are told that often, we are only 20 years apart.
    we come from good Italian stock, as a matter of fact, the village in Italy our family is from, had to shoot each other to start a cemetery .:D

29. southcross2631

southcross2631

Almost anybody can become a sperm donor and reproduce. Some shouldn't be allowed to.
    It takes a special man to become a dad.