Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

sincere sympathy goes out to you and all of his Family & friends

Elcohaulic, Old wolf and milwscruffy like this.
  2. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, I've got money for u joints and I'm a really good candidate for adoption.;)

j-jock, Old wolf and classiccarjack like this.
  3. rgdavid

rgdavid

Me too...lol.

Old wolf likes this.
  4. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I am amazed that the kiddo just doesn't drive it with that engine in it, then build a 454 on the side to put in later....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

That's an awesome last ride! RIP and thanks for your service!!

j-jock, milwscruffy and Old wolf like this.
  6. Killed a mouse. The dirty sob pissed or puked or something else on my car's carpet. I knew he was in the garage somewhere. Peanut butter and an old fashioned (hamb friendly) mouse trap did him in. Guess I need a better weatherstrip under the garage door.

RusTnut and Unique Rustorations like this.
  7. Naw he is a State Park super and a Lawyer. don't like to get dirty. Today I dint get the car moved. I has these three suckling pigs. That wouldn't stay in the pen. And where rooting and destroying the grass. So this morning at day light I shot them and dressed them out. The wife already cooked one of them. Then I went and bought a OT 96 chevy Silverado extended cab. Rough ole truck. some kid ran over a stump and severely bent the crossmember that holds the carrier bearing and crushed the gas tank. It does have a good throttle body 350 engine and overdrive trans. I thought It was a good deal for $450.

classiccarjack likes this.
  8. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Can't go wrong at $450! Hell of a deal!

9. Yep it even has a good title. and a set of aluminum wheels. a hot battery and a receiver hitch. I likely will fix the crossmember & gas tank and flip it. I got it cheep enough to sell at a fair profit and still leave room for the next guy.

10. Spent most of the day chasing a problem I should have gone right to. Been so long since this problem happened, I just skipped right by until coilover prodded me in the right direction. Had a miss/ backfiring, sputtering condition. Tried everything. I thought. Called my birthday friend and asked what I am missing. I knew it was crossfiring. He said get a magnifying glass, our old eyes are tired, and check the distributor cap for carbon tracks. BINGO. Big old crack I had missed all the times I "dried" it out. Installed another and , wow, George is a monster again.

Thanks, Evan.

Ben

11. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Started building a push bumper for Hot Rod Hollys 56 chevy PU to use at the Lyons museum show on the 22nd:cool:

12. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Finally got my Olds out for a shakedown run on Sunday. The weather was beautiful so I threw the wife and kiddo in and drove to Waffle House. A solid 40 minute drive in each direction with a good mix of country roads and interstate. Car ran well mechanically, went down the road smooth... good news there.

However, there’s still plenty work to do. The door poppers started flipping out, and hung the passenger door solenoid open, so the door wouldn’t latch. My key fob also stopped working as well, but when 12v is jumped to the solenoids, the doors open. Wiring schematic seems proper, so I’m guessing the transmitter is bad. The new one should be here tomorrow.

I’ve also had a helluva time putting gas in the car. When I first got it I thought I filled it up because gas was pouring out of the filler neck. But then later Sunday I ran out of gas on my street, but had only driven like 80 miles total. On investigation, it seems the filler neck is angled backwards, so the fuel has to go uphill before going into the tank, and makes a mess of the trunk and ground with gas pouring all over. The fuel sender doesn’t work, but I pulled that out tonight and will send it out to be rebuilt. In the interim, I’ll cut the filler neck and relocate it in the trunk to be higher and shorter. Then I’ll have to have the trunk partially reupholstered. Little by little the kinks are getting ironed out. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

13. leon bee

leon bee

Pushed my new pickup up to the shop to start doing something to it. Been in my yard for months, but hasn't been mine till now: DSCN2801.JPG

RusTnut, 40two, j-jock and 4 others like this.
  14. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

put motor and transmission back in budget build 64 impala motor is low milage vortec 350 converted to carb and transmission is rebuilt stock powerglide. DSCF7533.JPG

15. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For all those traditionalists, that SBC looks like it belongs there. Good job

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

fastcar1953 likes this.
  16. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

thank you trying to keep it looking original. the original engine was cracked and locked up.

alanp561 likes this.
  17. Actually this was last night! Went to local cruise, same one from last week so I posted most of the cars already and did not take many photos. But this guy showed up! :eek: IMG_4829.JPG IMG_4828.JPG IMG_4831.JPG IMG_4830.JPG

Lil32, j-jock, lumpy 63 and 7 others like this.
  18. j hansen

j hansen

One ....this is from one trap.

Attached Files:

RusTnut and classiccarjack like this.
  19. Oh, and another Chevy showed up!:rolleyes: IMG_4833.JPG

Lil32, j-jock, David Gersic and 2 others like this.
  20. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

IMG_4627.JPG Late yesterday I took the car on an extended highway speed test and did fine. Stopped to test heat in all four rotors and decided to take a picture to share with y'all.

Lil32, camcrusher, j-jock and 5 others like this.
  21. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

ct1932ford and Hamtown Al like this.
  22. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

IMG_4633.JPG This morning I met some pals for breakfast about 30 minutes down the road. My buddy got his latest project running on the same day I took my car for its initial run with Buick power. Thirty some years ago we were both building cars and we decided to make it a friendly competition about who finished his car first... we decided that to win you had to drive your new car to the other guy's house. We were much younger and burning midnight and early morning oil to get them finished for an upcoming club rod run in early 80s. We both ended up finishing our cars on the day of the run and showed up at the rod run several hours down the road with both cars! We called it a draw.
    This time, we sort of said the same thing. This time we ended up meeting for breakfast with some others at a location about half way between us. We called this one a draw, too.
    Neither one of us really cares... we just like having fun with our old cars. We've been in the same car club since it was started in 1974.

23. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Over the weekend Chick was working her roadster
    IMG_1822.JPG
    But Found this
    IMG_1824.JPG
    So last night it was replacement time, once it cooled to less than 90 degrees

24. WTF really

WTF really

Went and picked up my new HOT rod. 20190612_114250.jpg 20190612_114250.jpg

Lil32 likes this.
  25. 62rebel

62rebel

damn. That's pretty roasted.

Moon50F3 likes this.
  26. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

It'll buff out

27. WTF really

WTF really

Oh yes already gave her a wd 40 bath. 20190612_114304.jpg 20190612_114448.jpg

Lil32 likes this.
  28. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

29. Glad I wasn't drinking anything. I'd a spewed it out! LOL

Removed the original gauges from my '30 chevy and everything penetrating the firewall, and sprayed one heck a lot of square nuts with Liquid Wrench!

30. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I wish that I had a 68 Dart! It would have given me a opportunity to go on a road trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.