Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ****All Deuce Run PHOTO'S ****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 31, 2019.

1. We left home early this morning and fought interstate traffic and road construction for several hours but finally made it to the headquarters motel, just in time for the sky's to open up and the bottom fall out, at home we haven't seen rain in a month and we are experiencing a drought!

Took a few photo's of the cars in the parking lot so I will do a quick post of some of the Deuces.

009.JPG
    010.JPG
    018.JPG
    019.JPG
    013.JPG
    016.JPG
    017.JPG
    020.JPG
    021.JPG
    031.JPG
    023.JPG
    038.JPG

That's it for now. HRP

Attached Files:

• 019.JPG
      019.JPG
      File size:
      173.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  2. alchemy

alchemy

That black three-window made my heart skip a couple beats. Does that make me a restorer?

3. A Boner

A Boner

Trailer Queen, maybe.

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Fresh build from Georgia?

5. Just a quick note before we leave the motel to meet at the Target Shopping center, as for the 3 window belongs to Wayne and we all are blown away with the 3 window, I'll get more photo's today.

Your correct, it is a fresh build. HRP

6. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

More please.....:)

7. jim snow

jim snow

Iam in. Snowman

8. We woke up to clear sky's Saturday morning and left Mooreville for the starting destination at the Target Shopping Center in Cornelia, N.C. and arrived about a hour before the 10 AM departure

We had a total of 35 but a couple showed up just to see us of and we gained a few more as we got to our various stops for gas and photo op's.

We had cars from Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Virginia.

I sure you have seen Tom photo's and as always they are spot on, our photo's are nothing more than point and shoot.
    The first batch are from the Target Shopping Center.

Bill was one of the first to show up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My pal Bill from South Carolina has been on the run as a passenger in the past but this time he was driving his recently finished coupe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tom Busch showed up to see us off, seems he had to go to works.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fellow hamber Tom T's coupe looks great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This sedan was built for Gus by fellow hamber Buster Henderson ( 3 DEUCES) Buster rode shotgun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bobby's old roadster being driven by a friend of his.

[​IMG]

And Bobby's new roadster piloted by Bobby.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My friend and fellow Hamber Tom (Sea Dog) sweet roadster, I apologize for the fuzzy photo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hang on, I'm still uploading. HRP

9. More from the starting point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My old beater.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wayne's beautiful 3 window, believe it or not the car sports the original paint job, wicked flatty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. These are the photo's from the first gas stop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Danny is this Johnny's?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  12. After about 20 minutes we were back on the road.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our second stop was at a small station, we kinda overwhelmed the owner and I don't think he sold a gallon of gas but he sure sold bags of ice, sodas and snacks, there really wasn't enough room to park all the cars but we packed most of them on the property.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And before long we were back on the road en-route to Thunder Hill overlook, almost everyone gets their cameras out at this stop, BTW, I was told the temperature was 67 degrees, it sure felt a lot cooler at this elevation than it was when we started the run.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a short drive we arrived in Boone and had a late lunch at Foggy Rock Restaurant, this is the last photo's from the run. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My old friend Bobby drove up from Georgia in his Deuce just to have lunch with us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Very Cool - fun times - Thanks

14. We parted ways and I followed Tom & Bill Akin back down the mountain and we all stoped to gas up, and hit the road again, Tom lives in Shelby, North Carolina so he took the exit and Bill and I continued on down 321 had toward I-85 the traffic was getting heavy and Bill and I got separated.

We were about 10 miles from our exit and my old beater started backfiring and missing, I took the Dallas Cherryville exit and found a Auto Zone think it may be the electronic module or the coil, it's about 5:30 PM when I walked in the door, I pulled the module out and they checked it and found it to be functioning just fine, so I decided to check the coil and it showed to be marginal so I bought a new coil and tried to install it in the cap, didn't fit so I bought another distributor cap long story short after about 3 hours of fighting with it and trying everything I knew to try plus the heat was getting to me and it ran worse than when I roll in.

[​IMG]

I just ran out of ideas and steam then it occurred to me that I have a HEI crossfire distributor cap and I wasn't going to find one in Cherryville.

I realized I wasn't going to get the car running and Autozone was getting ready to close, I ask about leaving the car there and getting a cab to take us to a motel, the manager told be it would be ill advised to leave the car in that area.

I decided to call my pal Dave and told him what the situation was and he said sit tight I'm on my way, believe me sitting beside your car that wont run, it's really dark when the lights of Autozone go off and you just sit and wait.

Dave got there in record time and we had the car on the trailer by 11:15 and we were off, found a motel and had a room shortly after 12 AM.

[​IMG]

I tossed and turned most of the night working on the car, we had a good breakfast at the Waffle House next to the motel and rolled in at Dave's house about 11:30 and rolled the car in his garage, we dropped the trailer and Brenda and I drove Dave's truck home to get my pickup and took his truck back, we officially got home about 0ne PM today.

I'll order a new cap tomorrow and hope that corrects the problem, at least the next time I work on the car it with be in a climate controlled shop.

I gotta admit, the 19th All Deuce Run will not soon be forgotten.:D
    It will make for some good story's in years to come.HRP

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  15. koolbeans

koolbeans

Great pics. Hope to be there next year.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. jim snow

jim snow

Sorry about your troubles. It still looks like a great time. All the best. Snowman

17. We had a great time Jim, It was just a bump in the road, that part wasn't fun but it sure makes you appreciate your good friends. HRP

18. Dang Danny, I'm sorry to hear about your trouble. When I turned off onto highway 10 I was hoping you guys would follow me. It would have been a short cut to Shelby and from there you could have taken 150 South and rejoined I-85 in Gaffney. I should have discussed this with you before we left the gas stop, sorry.

(You know you could have called me and spent the night in our spare bedroom.) I'm glad you finally made it home, good luck on getting it up and running again.

19. Thanks Tom, the car was running fine when you turned off, and I guess we just didn't fill in all the blanks.

As for calling you I do appreciate the offer but I was thinking more about where the car was going to spend the night. HRP

20. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Dam, it looks like I missed a good one.

Sorry to here you had a problem.

ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  21. Thanks for my daily Deuce fix! Sorry you had trouble. Let us know the outcome. Thanks again for the photos, it looked like an amazing event.

22. It's a long way to travel for such a short event but I would sure like to invite you and your lovely wife to join us for the 20th All Deuce Run, We are kicking some ideas around for a new route and different starting location. HRP

ladyhrp, pprather and 3W JOHN like this.
  23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

no fun being broke down and not easily finding solution to problem - good that you figured it out - besides the look, did running that cap help in the performance of your motor?

24. I don't think it had any significance on the performance, All the wires are moved around 8,6,4,2 wires are on the left side and 7,5,3,1 are on the right side of the engine, I was staring at the problem the whole time and as the saying goes I couldn't see the Forrest for the trees. :rolleyes: HRP

ladyhrp and 3W JOHN like this.
  25. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Other than your distirbuter problems looks a good time was had by all. Thanks for the pictures.

26. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I don't understand, what was the problem for the misfire?

27. At this time I believe it may have been the coil but when I tried to install the new coil in the crossfire cap HEI distributor cap it would not fit in the opening, it was about a 1/8th of a inch too large, so I bought a new stock cap not thinking far enough ahead. HRP

ladyhrp and 3W JOHN like this.
  28. Yes Harry, That's Johnny's roadster, he met us but didn't go on the run, his bride has vertigo and he didn't won't to be gone too long. HRP

29. Looks like another great turnout, missed again. If I had been there, it would be me breaking down , not you. Sorry, Pal.

3W JOHN, ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  30. Maybe next year, not the breakdown but being able to make the run. HRP

3W JOHN and ladyhrp like this.