Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 5/24/19 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, May 23, 2019.

1. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Some of my newer ones from Jalopyrama 2019 Jalopyrama19 OMD-0276_7_8.jpg Jalopyrama19 OMD-0355_6_7.jpg Jalopyrama19 OMD-0383-Edit-2.jpg Jalopyrama19 OMD-0681-Edit.jpg Jalopyrama19 OMD-0414-Edit-2.jpg Jalopyrama19 OMD-2064_5_6-2.jpg Jalopyrama19 OMD-2121_2_3.jpg Jalopyrama19 OMD-0337.jpg Jalopyrama19 OMD-0957_tonemapped-2.jpg Jalopyrama19 OMD-0060_1_2-2-2.jpg

David Gersic, Lil32, Vonzemo and 21 others like this.
  2. catdad49

catdad49

I like Dutch, too. Eyeball front (2).JPG

3. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

This is an image I have posted here before ......so not sure why it was removed. I guess you could say it was a rat rod and maybe not traditional enough for this website.........not sure. I'm guessing it had to be a moderator who removed it, so maybe the mod can explain it.

4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Seems to have brought the FAS to a standstill. Don't get it either.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  6. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Bob sorry I missed your post , I can't believe someone took it down. Frank

7. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thanks guys, much appreciated ............

50 customcoupe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. @57 Corvette ~ Bob
    Bob... The word for something that makes no sense is nonsense. Something is very wrong when a piece of art that obviously took a lot if time and effort is censored because someone is of the opinion that it somehow doesn't fit some real world narrative.

9. 20190523_165633.jpg 20190523_165607.jpg 20190523_165642.jpg Hope to finish this radiator cap soon and find something to put it on before someone else steals the idea.....

10. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Big0, that's too cool!

chryslerfan55 and BigO like this.
  11. Thanks I had the two for quite some time when the other I happen to have them together and "light bulb" .....

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. ...that is a good idea,..mite be hard to pull off,...the staining part mite be tricky,...sometimes stain is hard to control, it creeps on it own; but I may give one a try sometime and see how it goes...I'm always open to ideas.

13. JBurt

JBurt

Rusty, try scoring your pencil lines outside the areas you want to stain with a scalpel. Then lightly apply your stain. The cut will stop the stain from bleeding and give you a crisp line.

X-cpe, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Regarding OT Material...

I think as a Alliance Member in good standing, an Artist and one who passionately loves the period of the culture celebrated here I can understand the removing of this artwork regardless of the passion and effort. I did see it...I had my doubts it met the criteria of the Hamb...

We must remember that New Material whether Art or Metal must be at a minimum inspired Traditional 1965 and older.

The Style depicted was representative of a 1990s and up modern movement in the culture...Rat Rod, Steampunk Rod, Madmax Rod, Whatever Rod none of these are traditional so technically its not on topic...

Another angle on the same subject if the drawings subject was posted in photograph I am pretty sure it would have either generated popcorn and/or removal by a moderator...WE should know better.

The Art Show often pushes the envelope and there are other questionable content within this very show today...we have to consider the Guidelines Always...and remember when you say you seen stuff like that elsewhere on the Hamb (and I have) chances are it was unacceptable as well, NOT allowed, just slipping through the cracks...and I don't make a point of Moderating and didn't here either...WE should know better.

Don't fight Right...I have a pretty good idea of Period Correct and I understand why...because The Hamb is representive of Historical Traditional Build styles...

Cruise and Carshow pics are largely guilty many times but anybody that posts OT stuff you're at the discretion of the Hamb Guidelines...so if you don't get it you may find others considering your offerings.

We have a lot of Period threads celebrated here covering most of the accepted material here. We should understand those styles as that is the Guidelines for our art shows. Non Car Art should have a relation to the Hobby at a minimum.

Sorry Long Winded tonight but in full support of the greatness all of you have to offer...and to be clear I have awesome Vintage Harley and Indian Motorcycle and many other drawings BUT they are OT...so I won't post period unless of course I involve a Hotrod or Custom with it.

Everyone must use discretion...

My apologies for absence in participating other than liking as I truly enjoy sharing my Stogyisms...;)

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That would be a devilish thing to do...:D

You should be proud of that BigO
    Great job...;)

BigO and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. Thank you Larry, I appreciate that very much my friend.

I smelled a rat... but it was outside, not in the garbage...
    @57 Corvette ~ Bob's photo may have been a rat rod but it was certainly not the worst offender I've seen on the HAMB. As photos go, He may have put lip stick on a pig but, in this case, he did it well.
    Sorry ya got nixed Bob, live to fight another day, sir!

17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@57 Corvette ~ Bob post up a new image in place of...I know you have other material...you have had an anomaly...put it behind you...I have to get something up myself...;)

Keep on Drawing, Pencil is a High 5 for me...

18. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

19. ...I saw the "art" in question, and immediately thot "RR",...thot it was kinda off comin from Bob,as his stuff is always first rate,...but I hit the "like" button cuz it was different,...anyway, life goes on...there will be more Fridays.

20. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi @JimC did you have a comment by chance?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. Thanks Stogy, just hope to find the perfect car for it one day soon.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  22. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

My thanks to all for your thoughts and support .....it has never been my intention to post images that are not welcome by the forum. I believe rat Rods are hot rods with a different point of view ...I guess it offends some on this forum.....certainly not my intention. The image I posted was not a radical rod but maybe not a true traditional rod either.

I personally like all the different work that is posted here, including paintings, pencil, photos etc. I know a lot of people complain here regarding photos, stating it's not art........I believe all mediums are art and take great pleasure each week viewing the work our members have posted for us to share.

I look forward to posting next week and hope it meets with approval from all .........

23. I'm late to the show and didn't see the image. Most artists, myself included, have to be versatile and of course we are going to do a lot of different stuff. One of my first few posts on the FAS was a Rat Rod so don't feel bad Bob. Everyone here is cool, but rules are rules so... no big deal. Its good to see your understanding. It goes without saying you have a lot of fans on here bruther ! I love your work so just brush it off and come back strong.

Here's my piece for the Memorial day FAS.
    Have a great weekend folks !

[​IMG]

24. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I've said on a few occasions that I'm struck by the talent in this thread, but some of the artwork
    surpasses awe and draws respect from me. That's what happens with 57 Corvette - Bob's art. The
    scene's are realistic, whether you experienced those times or just imagine how it was back in the
    day. The art is never cartoonish or out of proportion. It always brings thoughts of simpler times...
    guys hanging out in small town shopping center parking lots and leaning against the fenders
    watching as or waiting for another car to come along whether it was a T-bucket, '56 Bel-Air
    or a new '69 big block Nova. This week Bob went with a different tactic but it was still auto
    art, only in a bare bones stripped down version. Art needs to be encouraged, whether done
    by a kid or a seasoned artist. Look at scenes done by Battleboys or the changing options of
    Spoggie, they're different, not the norm, and capture the imagination. The Friday Art Show
    has shrunken a bit recently, pulling imaginative and well done images is counterproductive.

25. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Very cool work and thanks for the encouraging words ............

Thank you and very well stated ................

26. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Earlier I posted three photos of red, white and blue Corvettes, all race cars, with two
    of them at speed. I did it to honor Memorial Day, my son MSgt Joe Gawlik of the US
    Air Force, my nephew Commander Matt Kosnar of the US Navy and to our fighting
    forces, and each photo was dedicated to those subjects. They were "at speed" shots
    but they featured 68/69 'vettes, making them illegal for 99% of H.A.M.B. It's a shame
    and a pity that someone can't see and respect the art in the Friday Art Show.

When I've been bounced from other threads the moderator has named himself and I've
    learned to accept the whys. When done anonymously I have no respect for the person.
    Should we start dropping a dime when we see rule offending images of any sort?

27. lucky ink

lucky ink

28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...What's the story on that...Neat O'​

chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  29. lucky ink

lucky ink

LOL had a box of 1/8 big deuce bodies and parts :D Had to compete with my sisters nome garden ;)