Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Daniels Auto Repair, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I need to stay off Craigslist!
    00B0B_jiwvt5AMpto_600x450.jpg

2. rudestude

rudestude

Man...I hear that....that's how them Studebakers found me.
    Several nights of them keeping me up looking at there ad ,telling me that I need them , because they have no place to go , after a few nights of that then they pull the old trick telling me if I don't get them now they are going to the crusher....crap ... I couldn't let that happen and it was only $750 for all ...so I give in.....now the fu`"``*(&# tell me they weren't being crushed......wow I do need off there ...if I'm thinking the cars are talking to me..

Sent from my SM-T387V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

gearhead1600, Hombre and charleyw like this.
  3. More time in the garage just piddling around with flooring. Therapeutic, especially while listening to the Royals beat up on the Cardinals in a rare mid-week day game. The Cards get their chance for payback tonight in a split doubleheader. Yesterday's matchup was postponed, thanks to all of us suffering waves of storms here in the Midwest. Oops, that's the sound of rain returning. Goody! More time to spend in the garage.

Hombre likes this.
  4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No photos but with the wife help I replaced the complete speedometer cable I got from Rusty @Speedometer Service and the replacement nylon speedo gear holder from Texas Industrial Electric to modernize after installing the Explorer 8.8 in my 56 Victoria. With the adapter the speed ratio gear box I bought from Art Carr is a very tight fit with the new cable on the floor board. Raining here so no test today. If it becomes a problem I'll get a 90 degree into the trans and them put the gear box on it. I hate going thru so many devices and I'll see if the 90 can be made with the correction factor built in as they say I have choices. Modernizing old cars is sure a pain when your 75 and crawling under them.

5. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On Tuesday night I got my model of the #12 Ferrari 312T F1 (1975 championship car) off the shelf and placed it on display on the old radio. Then we rented and watched Rush to honor the passing of Niki Lauda.

Algoma56, Hombre and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  6. j hansen

j hansen

Finally found them...1949 Plymouth bumpers.Not so easy in Sweden! Skärmavbild 2019-05-23 kl. 18.27.37.png Skärmavbild 2019-05-23 kl. 18.26.59.png
    I think they will look good on my Dodge.

61Cruiser, 40two, bchctybob and 7 others like this.
  7. topher5150

topher5150

Brought my spindles with me to work today. Hopefully I can get one of the guys to help me ream them out a little bit so i can get things together this weekend.

Hombre likes this.
  8. Stock Racer

Stock Racer

Tore down the 4-Speed I blew up in my O.T. Drag Car. What you see in the pic used to be first gear. IMG_0800.jpg

9. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Due to the nonstop on slot of rain and flooding here the last 3 weeks, I had to mow instead of any work/play on hotrod. Only one day of any kind of time to catch up with the forest of grass.

saltflats and Hombre like this.
  10. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

For a while today, I had 36 Fords coming and going!
    IMG_4529.JPG
    IMG_4530.JPG
    IMG_4531.JPG
    IMG_4532.JPG
    IMG_4533.JPG
    Then I took the madam to late lunch in the cabriolet and she loved it... as always!
    Lot of fun with the old Ford today. Started to rain on the way back so I wheeled into the big carport that was attached to a funeral home! Nobody complained but my wife asked me not to try to wake the dead by blipping the throttle a few times under the carport! I respectfully let the Ford idle out of the carport and eased on back out to the highway.

Latigo, LAROKE, Terrible80 and 4 others like this.
  11. Yesterday I went bargain hunting. I bought Two riding lawnmowers , three chainsaws, 9 mower tires and wheels and two bycycles for $200. today my grandsons and I worked on the chainsaws. drained the state gas cleaned the tank and carb and we got one saw running. also drained the stale gas from the riding mowers. Todays gas goes bad very quick. You cant leave gas in your small engines over winter.

Hombre and rudestude like this.
  12. I have a few 4 speeds. However my 55 chevy will continue to use the old 318 three speeds. I got a pile of them and it don't make me cry when I tear one up.

gearhead1600 likes this.
  13. topher5150

topher5150

Yeaaaaahhhhhh so that didn't really work the way I wanted. I quit before I got a chance to f things up.
    I called the axle place but they want $80. Maybe I can get a hand reamer from Grainger it something

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. rudestude

rudestude

Have you tasted any gas lately, by accident of course, it's nothing like the old stuff and I mean the stuff from the pumps ,not old rotten gas tanks, I don't have a habit of drinking gas but it used to be if you got a mouth full of gasoline while siphoning it would gag you ,burn your throat, get a pounding head ache and about puke, that's what I did anyways, a while back I couldn't find the clear hose I had for doing that if needed, I normally would just pressurize the tank to get it to go ...but I was out of reach of my compressor so I used a non clear hose and of course got a big mouth full of gas and expecting what usually happens when I would do that ....nothing ,no gagging, no nothing, it didn't taste good ,but nothing like it used to. Not that I was disappointed, just saying.
    Don't Drink gas and drive or smoke....

gearhead1600, WTF really and Old wolf like this.
  15. southcross2631

southcross2631

Got my seat mounts made and my seats bolted into my Morris Gasser.

16. 4speed411

4speed411

Got the Hot Rod ready for Beatersville Show..... IMG_20190523_200225201.jpg

swade41, David Gersic and Hombre like this.
  17. Managed to destroy the speedometer in my 48 Ford while I was trying to fix it. Oh well, it was bad before I started so I am not really out anything since I still have to find another speedometer.

gearhead1600 and Hombre like this.
  18. There is a guy I often watch on U tube Mustie 1 or something. anyhow he gets non running stuff mostly one cyls and gets them running and back in service. He has gas that he uses to start engines. Stated its Racing Gas and cost $10 a gallon. I buy some ethanol free gas to run my small engines. We had the good stuff back in the sixties. The teratill lead would build up on the spark plugs. change plugs every 10,000 miles.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  19. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Nice cache of parts. The neighbor has one , I think a 1953 . Just painted it last year Red and silver. SBC 327 withfuel injection.

20. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

rudestude likes this.
  21. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Disassembled the new heads for the 377 , took the springs to my friends shop to test the spring pressure's , They tested weaker than advertised so I had him check the springs I bought as back ups...Dead nuts:D

Hombre likes this.
  23. I have, for MANY years wanted a early '30's truck. (Partial to that body style because a '30 Ford 5 window couple was my first hot rod.) Well..... I drug one home today! The extra cool things are that it is also is a 1930....AND....... it's a Chevy! Loved pulling it home behind my '58! IMG_6624.JPG

Old wolf, 40two, UNSHINED 2 and 7 others like this.
  24. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

A bird got trapped in the garage today and both my cars were sitting there uncovered. Guess what I got to do...

25. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

kill a mockingbird?

26. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Time for a wash job! :D

Black_Sheep likes this.
  27. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Just like every other day for the last month or so, I sanded. Sanded and sanded some more. I also took a break to mow since it wasn't raining but it's supposed to every day for the next week. Mow when you can, sand when not mowing, that's life around here lately.
    SPark

28. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I got started on the floor support frame for the "Puritan". It got it's name from a Hot Rod feature, Nov. 55. IMG_2980.JPG IMG_2982.JPG IMG_2803.JPG img20190102_17024381.jpg

29. 62rebel

62rebel

Spent my lunch hour getting the title to my '63 done. You want plates today? Nope, car not ready to drive. You want the title today? No, I'll keep that $20 and wait for it to arrive in the mail. You going to want antique plates for it? Nope; I will be driving it every day. Best thing was I was done and out the door in less than 45 minutes. On a Friday no less! Lots of eye candy walking through while I was there, too.

61Cruiser, Stogy, WB69 and 3 others like this.
  30. rudestude

rudestude

Hey Marty, it's looking good , of course that's the only way it could look , right?.
    I got to ask what's the rocket car or what ever it is there in the back ground.
    I was over your way this last week end , bought 3 Studebakers over in Banks, I was going to stop in ,its been years, but a tow rig problem screwed up my timing and couldn't swing it . next time.......Terry (aka Rudestude)

Stogy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.