Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals 2019: Registration is open!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals 2019: Registration is open!

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

siouxindian likes this.
  2. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Done deal.
    I'm getting married two weeks after the HAMB Drags, so this trip (and Bonneville Speed week) will be a bit of a bachelor party :)

3dnsouth, Tman, raven and 10 others like this.
  3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3CB26127-13B2-4537-94A8-1E800DBD0C5E.jpeg See you in August.

-Abone.

4. I'm in....BTW, if you call LaQuinta make sure the clerk knows you're with "Ryan's group" as the guy called us. Regular rooms are sold out for that weekend.
    Can't wait!!!!!!

Deuces likes this.

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Deuces, zman and guthriesmith like this.
  6. atch

atch

LaQuinta seems to be on top of things.

When I told the lady what day I wanted to check in she immediately asked if I was with the H.A.M.B. Drags. She already had all the information; i.e., check in and check out dates, reduced room rate, etc.

All she needed was name, card #, phone #, and email address to send confirmation # to.

Took about one minute to have the reservation complete.

Deuces, chucky1 and Tim like this.
  7. alchemy

alchemy

Same here. Once I gave her my info I had a confirmation emailed before she hung up the phone. And the rates are cheaper than Booking.com's special deals. Now we just need to get my little bro's coupe ready!

Deuces, chucky1 and Malcolm like this.
  8. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Just curious as to how long before I would know if my ride was accepted for the HAMB drags. Finally looks like I can get away this year. Trying to set up time off. Checked my spam, haven't seen anything. Been a week or so.

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

10. Shore is a Purdy 40, Jeff....I want one.

11. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

What’s the hotel rate anyways? When I made my reservations they didn’t have the special rate set up yet they told me to call later to change the rate to the HAMB drags rate.

12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I reserved at $99 for a two bed room, under the group rate.

13. atch

atch

Yeah. $99 room plus $11.86 tax per night. If I understood correctly all hamb drags rooms have two beds; no king rooms.

14. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I’ll have to call back and change my rate. I made all my reservations for the year back in November. See you all there....Oh , and Congrats Nick!!!

Malcolm likes this.
  15. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What kind of ET does your little 40 coupe run? We might have to line em up.

-Abone.

Darryl Deir likes this.
  16. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

It's run a best of 12.75 at Mokan on the white wall Cokers but it usually runs low-mid 13's there. I kept telling Ben " I swear it'll run 12's" and I could never get in the 12's there until last year. My 60' times could be clocked with a sundial there. But I have ran in the 12's at the meltdown Drags numerous times. I meant to make a torque arm for mine like the one you did but I've been lazy and haven't done it yet.

17. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I called today and got the rate changed. Thanks fellas

Malcolm likes this.
  18. trollst

trollst

For us canucks....where is Mokan?.....Never mind, googled it, might as well be in china, from princeton B.C. to there is a fair distance. Not coming, although I'd really like to.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  19. sdluck

sdluck

20. This may not be the place but I need the exposure here. So please bear with me.

I have found myself in a spot this year. My time is or the lack there of is not going to allow me to be at the HAMB Drags this year. What that means in the real world is that unless I can find a substitute me there is not going to be a Yay-Hoo Cup run this year.

Hopefully someone will step in but so far that person or persons has been elusive. So you may not be able to run for the cup this year. I am just wanting to get this out there in time for someone to take up the slack and keep everyone informed.

21. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YOU DICK!!!

Just kidding. Let me know what I can do to help.

-Abone.

22. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

What’s involved in doing it? I usually have my canopy and am already pitted in the same area as your table and sign in sheet. I could probably at least help out some?

23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Beano is pretty busy so I’ll chime in and he can correct me when he gets time.

You would need to set up a registration table, he normally did this at the hotel parking lot the night before as well as track side in the pit.

Have everyone write down name/ car/ distance they drove the car to the track- minimum 150 miles

Have them come back with timing slips and write down the passes next to their name

End of the day track down the quickest one and award the trophy- which I think stays with the person running the contest but the winner gets their name added to the trophy via small plaque.

Make new plaque to add to the trophy, they are small so probably fairly cheap.

Post online who won with times and photos.

Drinking from said cup is generally not advisable for your health but it generally happens.

Anything more than that is up to you. The last few years a few years I, Neko, and Beaner came up with free yearly stickers for those competing

24. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Well, I can definitely do at least some of that. The stickers and the registration and posting of pictures of winner parts for sure. The new plaque for the trophy I’m not sure about. Where does the trophy reside? Would I have to pick it up and get it to the track?

25. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Drinking from said cup is generally not advisable for your health but it generally happens."

My tongue is still messed up from doing that. Do so at your own risk.

-Abone.

zman likes this.
  26. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Beaner has the trophy right now, there’s probably a back log on getting the names added so I wouldn’t worry to awful much.

The trophy is currently in Kansas City with Beaner, he’s moving out of the city but if @flamedabone wants to pick it up while he’s passing threw I can hold onto it until he’s in town.

I’m not sure if I’ll make the drags this year or I’d just Bring it down myself/ help run the cup

27. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Well I’m happy to do the registration, decals, keeping track of the ET’s reported in and posting winners pictures. I’m coming from the east though, so picking it up is a problem for me if it’s in KC. If someone can get it there or to the LaQuinta I think we would be good.

At least I’ll get to touch it since I can’t ever seem to go even remotely fast enough to win every year

Tim likes this.
  28. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I make the dash plaque every year (free of charge) for the winner. I am happy to continue that if needed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Tman, Tim and Russco like this.
  29. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

cactus1 likes this.
  30. Tim got it pretty well. Basically aside from the registration we try to hook up under the canopy Saturday night @9:00 PM for pics and grins with the winner and anyone else who is totally insane.

I'll check messages and get back with everyone. We can work this out we are the HAMB. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.