Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Racing at George Ray's who's interested

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Tyler just posted .there will be no races today .

Nicholas Coe and loudbang like this.
  2. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I did by a long ways lol of course

3. The sun is shining at my place. is the track flooded?

loudbang likes this.
  4. lake_harley

lake_harley

I'm sitting behind another pickup at the gate. Nobody at the ticket booth. Anyone know what's happening?

loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  5. videos??????

loudbang likes this.
  6. lake_harley

lake_harley

Got the answer. Water on track. Maybe rescheduling for fall.

loudbang, Nicholas Coe and Old wolf like this.
  7. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

tapatalk_1558284964920.jpeg

Brian that it's an awesome photo. I think that is also a perfect saying for the coupe as well!...lol. Hope you guys get some runs in today.

Sent from my SM-G970U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Morning rain cancelled the show. Too much mud. Pics coming soon. Driving now.

9. We had a great time bench racing last night until the wee hours of the morning. 20190519_074255.jpg

10. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

The "dirt farmer" awb dodge jumped the light! End of the run riff raff had to mash the brakes to keep from hitting the dirt farmer as he got on his brakes!!! Then he proceeded to dig a furrow like a one bottom plow !! No idea mopar made farm equipment!!! We had a blast!! All in good fun!! Not much cooler than an awb mopar

11. chucky1

chucky1

Go to fb page, In Memory of George Ray. I am slowly posting.

12. Looks like we have a rematch coming up. That race was the best of the day. 20190519_114531(0).jpg 20190519_105948.jpg 20190519_095836.jpg 20190518_182756.jpg

13. chucky1

chucky1

14. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Rematch it is but you might drive a few hours north and get one of Scott’s stock “Canadian 289’s” he has all hoarded up so you can have a chance at seeing my taillights lol I’ll make sure and leave my turn signal on to lead you in the right direction to turn off lmao I’ll be in Bethany mo at the rumble next weekend match racing it would be awesome for you guys to come down and match race with us

15. During our evening bench racing/ lying and story tellin session the topic of moon shine came up as the jars were passed around. We are not moon shine snobs but we do appreciate the skills it takes to make a good tasting batch. I was told the local moon shine guy would be by later that evening. Sure enough he stopped by. He said he would bring something for me on Sunday. He showed up with a variety pack of various flavors. All I can say is the peach cobbler is incredible. The best I have ever had. Who would have thought racing would bring shine conasueres together. The world is a much happier place. 20190519_231115.jpg

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  16. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Would love to but we all have to let our bank accounts heal up for a little while before we head out anywhere. His Canadian 289s are impressive. If you'd like you can just hook my car to your 3 point hitch so I can stay with you. I can just relax and gaze at the orange triangle on back of the dirt farmer. Kind of like a hay rack ride!!

17. The dodge was so fast it needed that drainage ditch to help it stop. That's a strong mopar wedge in that car. 20190518_183418.jpg 20190518_183426.jpg

18. frank spittle

frank spittle

You did a very good job of organizing this event Brian. I think you accomplished everything you hoped for. The pits looked like it was the 1960s again and glad the bad weather held off until late Saturday. It will take people with your passion for the past to keep it going. It's in good hands.

19. To recap the event Friday nights test and tune was fun. The weather was perfect. Night racing always makes the cars seem faster. Racing at this track at night is a unique experience because the track has no lights. T shirt sales were good for the whole weekend.
    Saturday was a well attended race. Alot of fast local cars came out. The pits were starting to fill up with alot of cars for Sunday's race. Around 6pm the wind suddenly kicked up and it rained hard. By 7:45 the rain was over. The fire burnouts were attempted but the ground was too wet. The fuel wouldn't light.
    It wasn't supposed to rain Saturday night into Sunday morning. We were set to get up and do the fire burnouts at sunrise. That didn't work out because it was pouring down rain. With non paved pits the event was cancelled do to the mud. The track can be dried but the mud will constantly be brought up to the track surface.
    I was loaded up to leave when cars started showing up. They were unloading to get shots on the starting line. As a group we decided to get all the cars that wanted to on the track for a group photo. Left to right up front Tyler (George's grand son) Charles Jolliff the starter for 30 plus years then myself. George's hot rod is in the front on the left. After this photo was taken guys could do burnouts and 100 foot hits off the line. Standing water in low spots on the track prevented any more.
    So it rained that sucked but when the sun came out we had some fun any way. Thanks to those that came out. We are discussing plans for a make up race later this year 20190519_114622.jpg . I will pass the word if or when that would take place.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  20. rgdavid

rgdavid

You couldnt race so you drunk the Nitro ??

chucky1, loudbang and Nicholas Coe like this.
  21. rgdavid

rgdavid

Fantastic photo of the cars like that,
    I bet it was 500 percent fun to be there,
    Good on you Brian.

22. I have been on the phone all day. There is a chance we can try it again September 29th weekend. The nostalgia super stocks are at sikeston again on the 28th so they could join us. Earlier in September I have drag week so I'm committed to that. Its 10 days that I'm busy that month. Doing the event late in the month will give us cooler and drier conditions. When I have the official confirmation that this will take place again I will post it here asap. If anyone has ideas we are open to listen.

23. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

Awesome.. thanks for all you’re doing, and it was nice to finally meet you Sunday! Is there any chance the rescheduled date would be a 3 or maybe 2 day event?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. It will be for sure. A three day event allows for a rain day without ruining the whole thing. We have talked about having the event on memorial day. That would provide a extra travel day. We have also talked about bringing in a professional promoter for the event. Neither myself or Tyler are. If we do go that route Tyler would still have to have control of the event. We would insist that the admission cost stay the same. The fun gets sucked out of it when the prices go up and guys can't attend.
    Being a altered wheelbase fan I'm thinking about a race just for them. Maybe two classes. A big block and small block class. This would be a heads up match bash race.
    I would also like a gasser class set up the same way.
    If there were enough cars more classes could be added by using weight breaks. Just like the old days.
    I think this place could be the next big thing. The meltdown guys laid the ground work for the current nostalgia revival. They did a great job making America great again. Maybe the time is right for a truly hard core real deal nostalgia race in a correct setting. We will see what happens stay tuned in.

25. Man I'm glad y'all got that picture

26. flathead_10

flathead_10
    from Kansas

It was a bummer it got rained out, but I had a blast and I got to snag a few pictures of my scooter on the track. An opportunity that I might not have gotten if things didn't pan out as they did. Brian I hope it didn't hurt, when you typed out m.a.g.a IMG_20190519_123704842_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

Agreed. Thanks for your hard work. We had a blast!

Nicholas Coe, racer-x and loudbang like this.
  28. It's funny how things got us to that pic. Guys were pulling cars up to the line to get some pics. I did the same. As I'm looking at few cars lined up I got the idea to get all the cars together on the track. I was at Frank Spittles super stock show in 1995. Frank had all the cars pose in a similar fashion. I thought it would work here with the cat walk in the background. Tyler was ok with it as long as no mud got on the track. Tyler and I got on the mic to welcome everyone and explain what we wanted to do. When the cars were all in place someone said we need a ladder for a better pic. The cars in the rear couldn't be seen. I have a twelve footer in my trailer so we ran to get that. Then we put the ladder in Tyler's truck. The view was even better. Then the idea of the sign came up. It had blown off the pole placed in front of the house by the highway. It was leaning up against the garage. It's a big sign so the truck was used to get it. We used a cooler to prop it up. The car owners were asked to stand by their cars and everyone else to stand on the cat walk or grand stands. After a big say cheese moment we had our pic. It's funny how these things just come together and happen. After the cars cleared the track it was time for burnouts and launches. Thanks to all the participants. We were able to make something cool out of nothing.

29. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Dang!! A 1937 Dodge Truck too! I gotta find a way to attend this event!!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

flux capacitor and loudbang like this.