Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage KKOA Maggie Valley

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rockable, May 10, 2019.

1. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I see KKOA has an event scheduled for next weekend in Maggie Valley, NC. Did anyone attend last year? Can you give us a report? How many cars? Quality of cars? Accommodations?

I attended Salina in 2013 and enjoyed it but I'm not anxious to make that long drive again anytime soon. I thought this might be a good alternative.

2. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That bad, huh.......!

3. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks. You saved me a 6 hour round trip.

4. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Talked to the guy who made video`s about chopping tops back in the 80`s and 90`s . Can`t remember his name, he said about 50 cars. Very little info was made put out in the KKOA publication before the event was to happen.

rockable likes this.
  6. I hear it's pretty good, a pal of mine goes and has been to Salina's several times and he attends Maggie Valley, he says the quality of cars is good and the accommodations are excellent, I've been to Maggie Valley many times in the past and it's a great area for a show.

The wheels thru Time Motor Cycle Museum is also in Maggie Valley, and the collection of Motor Cycles & cars is amazing. HRP

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  7. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I`d go if I lived closer. Even if it was a 6 hour round-trip. You gotta support KKOA custom events or they will go away.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    OG lil E, Sancho and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  8. You got that right, personally I am more a hot rod guy but have always liked & appreciated kustoms.

This is my pal Tony's chopped '50 and I'm sure he will be at Maggie Valley. HRP

[​IMG]

504640, OG lil E, stanlow69 and 3 others like this.
  9. Just a few from last year. HRP

5b01b505b0d77.image.jpg

5b01b5195c907.image.jpg
    5b01b51292d9c.image.jpg
    5b01b51459e5a.image.jpg

10. I am going this year, I will be in the swap meet section. it is an 8 hour drive, and I have time. Along with selling 50s Ford, Lincoln, Mercury stuff I have a 1965 BSA for sale.

11. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Tommy Steadman.

OG lil E likes this.
  12. Any pictures from this year's event?

About 3 weeks ago, four of us from Indy were all hot to go to this event. Started looking for rooms and most were sold out. None left at the show rate (I know, this was our fault for waiting so late). Rooms we did find were near 300.00 per night plus taxes.
    We all decided to not pull the trigger and go this year but look at going next year. hate to hear there were only 50 cars this year. Anybody on here who did go this year that also took some pictures?

13. The show is this coming weekend. HRP

14. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I don't know if this show is like Salina or not but I am more of a hotrod guy and appreciate customs like you also. Salina is one of my favorite shows . They have a large variety of of all interests and really enjoy what shows up there.

15. They are also open to hot rods . HRP

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  16. Just incase those of you on the fence didn't realize, Maggie Valley is a great location. The Wheels Through Time museum alone is worth an 8 hour trip.

17. Second that on Wheels Through Time!! The dioramas and sheer volume of vintage mc stuff is beyond description.
    Dale has a bitchin early flat tail sprinter with a Riley banger on loan, and fired it up for me!
    IMG_1811.JPG IMG_1804.JPG

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  18. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I look forward to hearing how it was. I may go next year if I get a good report.

19. After we went to the museum I came to the conclusion that's where all the 45's ended up, Dale has a ton of them. HRP

20. Wheels Through Time is excellent. Worth the trip alone and I am not a Harley guy.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. Maybe not all the 45s but certainly the WRs.

22. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

so, how was the show? any pics?

23. Mark, I didn't make it but I saw a lot of photo's on Brenda's facebook, go to Kustom Kemps of America, there is a guy with a lot of photo's and it looks like it was a good show. HRP

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  24. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Look for the thread Car guy and his family. He went and posted a few pics.

25. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I looked and found no threads by that name. can you provide a link?

26. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

27. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Many thanks..........

28. I took some photos with my phone, I am having technical difficulties getting them onto my work computer. The show was low volume high quality. great location, plenty of room, clean bathrooms etc. I am going back next year but bringing a car. Swap meet wise I was the only game in town

29. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I knew I should have gone. Oh well, maybe next year.