Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1954 Ford Ranch Wagon Stainless Trim Install

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51504bat, May 17, 2019.

1. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I bought my new (to me) Ranch Wagon it was missing the drivers side stainless trim piece that goes just above the bumper. I found a NOS trim piece on Epay but I'm not sure exactly how it installs. Does it just snap by in by itself or are there clips that attach to the body that the stainless then attaches to? I tried a test fit to see if it would snap in by itself but it didn't seem right and I didn't want to force it and tweak the trim piece. Thanks for this and for the good advice I already received about the metal seat side cover question i previously posted. IMG_3935.JPG IMG_3936.JPG

Attached Files:

2. I found some small butterfly clip that have a threaded shaft, In fact I used this type of clip on all the trim, various sizes.

Check with your local paint and body supply houses they generally have many different types of universal clips.

shopping.png

I also removed the original thin clips with a screwdriver where the trim can fit flush. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    51504bat likes this.
  3. Slopok

Slopok

If you plan on painting it I would leave them off til finished.

4. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

What you are seeing is the clip , it goes in the trim first. But if you have acsess what HRP said would be easier to remove later

5. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good advice. Just trying to make sure I have what is needed to install the trim when I'm ready.